Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

This is what happens when we end up in this relegation battle its messy its scrappy players do stupid things decisions don't go for you nothing seems to work. You have to create your own luck and play your way out of it. Barnes did so well to do that on his own. Once again we could have won this but we could have hung on for a point but we lose all 3 again after spending so much energy and passion they will be drained and low as hell right now. Good luck trying to pick them up and ready for the next battle. Need a new manager in ASAP! These 2 ain't gonna cut it

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Anyone who believes this club can avoid relegation is deluding themselves. It's inevitable now. I'll guarantee we won't even beat Bournemouth. Just have to hope there is the money and the will to rebuild in the champs. Good f kin night. 

Get a grip! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

It was a clear improvement up until the red card, sadly just still not good enough, their confidence is trashed.

I don't think it was at all. One bit of quality got us level but other than that it was predictable and Villa were passing it around us with ease. 

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So team for Bournemouth…

Iversen

Ricardo. Souttar. Faes  Kristy

Mendy

Praet.     M Addison

Nacho

Tete.  .           Barnes

Last chance saloon…

Tete can’t be anywhere near the team.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

One fvcking mistake. Ugh. 

Story of our season 

Was it the Souttar free header from 6 yards to put us 1 up, the shambolic defending for the first goal, KDH’s brainless red card or Wilf’s almost laughable passing ability for their winner?

If you could please clarify which comical mistake it was that would be grand! 👍🏻

Edited by MalletFox
  • Like 3

I was happy with the equaliser tonight until the goal celebration music started blasting out, I no longer see it as an annoyance, I now find the song traumatic associating it with the nightmare of the last 18 months.

Edited by jonathan_ross

Calling that referee pub standard would be derogatory to pubs. But tonight shows that we won't survive running this out. We need a manager in immediately. This was a p*** poor Villa side really. Gave them far too much respect 

Edited by TK95

The state of some of you lot, 9 games to go and you’re all buying championship badges for your sleeves. All bleating on about no fight in the players, I see you all have it in spades.. 

we’ll get out of this mess, we’ve done it once before.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just shows what happens where you leave it too late, Villa sacked Gerrard sitting 17th 2 points above bottom. Now 9 games to go there sitting just six points off 4th! While we did nothing for months, and still second from bottom. 

What was Top thinking? The one person who could have pulled the trigger on Rodgers months ago, was the only one who thought he could turn things around.

We're absolutely shot.

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Didnt you see Vardy leading the players? looked to me he was organising those behind him, when he went off the pressing dropped off.

You mean when we had 10 men and had decided to try and camp it out? We were never going to press then. 

We can't have passengers. 

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Forest sacking Cooper later. It’s all there for Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest to be relegated…..if (big if)we can sort ourselves out

Absolutely bang on