Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Aston Villa post match - 2-1 loss

8 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

Football was better tonight and we’d have got something if wilf didn’t switch off. I’ve always said we play better over the top. Deserved a point and could have got more with 11 men, we looked promising before the KDH red card. We need to drag ourselves through the next game or 2 until the new man comes in.

Thanks for the rationality. Stowell did fine tonight and should manage to the end of the season. See where we are and get the proper manager for the project that's ahead. We showed promise tonight and should of had at least a point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think it was at all. One bit of quality got us level but other than that it was predictable and Villa were passing it around us with ease. 

Lots of interceptions in midfield when under Rodgers all those moves would have gone straight through us, some good counter moves.

Bear in mind we were playing Villa a team on the high.

Team is low on confidence, so individual errors were too many sadly and heads dropped once we were down to 10.  As well as for a short time after we conceded.

We may have had a bit more possession under Rodgers but it largely would have been passing it between the CBs and keeper, and we wouldnt have scored.

4 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

The state of some of you lot, 9 games to go and you’re all buying championship badges for your sleeves. All bleating on about no fight in the players, I see you all have it in spades.. 

we’ll get out of this mess, we’ve done it once before.

What bollocks.  When we did it before, we LOOKED like we could do it.  We just needed the touch paper to be lit.  This is totally different.   That team from our first season in the prem would absolutely destroy this lot! 

• Like 3

Guest glasgowfox
11 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Anyone who believes this club can avoid relegation is deluding themselves. It's inevitable now. I'll guarantee we won't even beat Bournemouth. Just have to hope there is the money and the will to rebuild in the champs. Good f kin night. 

Guarantee....fancy giving me big odds on a bet then????

Just now, indierich06 said:

Disappointing end, but signs of improvement overall I thought. Much more intensity and intent, and given their form this was always going to be a tricky fixture. Dodgy red card, and lapse of concentration at the end there cost us.

Nine games to go and only 3pts off of 14th - and people on here are acting like we're already down? Give over. 

We haven’t won in **** knows how long how can you be even slightly positive

2 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Was it the Souttar free header from 6 yards to put us 1 up, the shambolic defending for the first goal, KDH’s brainless red card or Wilf’s almost laughable passing ability for their winner?

If you could please clarify which comical mistake it was that would be grand! 👍🏻

Souttar header isn't a mistake. 

KDH red card is stupidity

Quite obviously I meant the Ndidi one. Even more annoying considering he was having a good  game up to then. 

5 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Got no bloody luck. We tried a bit harder than usual but the lack of confidence and quality is there for all to see. It's not in our hands any more, just have to hope for some wins against the rest of the relegation duffers and hope for the best.

What do you mean it's not in our hands? There's 27 points to play for. We are 2 points from safety an we've narrowly lost after playing a team that have taken 13 points from the last 15, while we've taken one point from 15. Let's see Saturday lose then and I'm more inclined to agree with that viewpoint.

• Like 3

It was nice to have hope for 2 days. Turns out the players really arent good enough and the two caretakers have shown that we need an actual manager ASAP, not that it would help much.

Ndidi also needs to retire to the Turkish league. 

A.Young's played KDH like a fiddle there, baited him in hook line and sinker. We were already struggling to get into the game with XI, Vardy feeding off long balls in the air.

So we're still crap, we knew that before Rodgers went. Villa are a clever side with Emery in now though, lots of energy with experience and technical play. We have to grind this out now.

9 games left. 3 of them free hits against Man City, Liverpool & Newcastle - the remaining games we have to focus on fixing these errors up and make it about fundamentals of performance, focus. Us fans have to back them as much as possible aswell, or we're already down.

Game well and truly on.

What a shambles that was, expected a response, at home, got much of the same, it's all a bit depressing, we are too far gone, most the players couldn't care less, as they'll be off and wont follow us to the Championship, not great, I'm not ruining my Easter weekend watching us, I'll wait till we are starting the season in the championship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Their midfield and Watkins up top so much better. More movement. Better at creating space.

Sad but true. We made Villa look good, much better passing and movement off the ball.

50/50 at best to stay up, and that only because the rest of the bottom are shite too.