Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harpenden Fox

Our Most Expensive Flops of the Golden Premiership era

I still think Daka can come good…

# Mendy…never a flop…look at  the 2 seasons we were top 2-4.Plus this seasons one of our best players

# Slimani..a bit of a prat..but bad set up by manager,more than individual strengths

# Iborra.  @Suzie the Fox fav.   Also  Alright with me on playing side.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

We could start drifting Ndidi into this…unless he starts putting some decent shifts in.

Ndidi was exceptional for 3 seasons though.

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

# Mendy…never a flop…look at  the 2 seasons we were top 2-4.Plus this seasons one of our best players

Just on this point... He's started 7 league games this season, of which probably 3 of them were genuinely good performances(!) People are going ridiculously overboard on Mendy this season for some reason.

I mean, Barnes has had plenty of criticism, but he's still had like twice as many good games as Mendy has even had games. Wouldn't even surprise me if some of our fans bizarrely start voting for Mendy as POTS like they did with Amartey last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Only thing i'd argue here is that we definitely got a good chunk of money in loan fees for Slimani which might not be accounted for? I reckon we must have racked up 4-5 million at least. 

Yeah it's purely based on transfer fees. Without knowing signing on fees and wages it's impossible to be accurate. (Bertrand must be up there). Also it's difficult to put a financial price on some of the goals scored. Like Slimani vs Porto etc.

Interesting though.

21 hours ago, Sampson said:

As a goal poacher who offers nothing else and scored a bunch of goals in an extremely poor European league? Think we’ve already seen he could do that when he scored 4 against a bottom half Russian side tbf. Premier League defenders must love marking him though.

I'm sure they love dealing with a guy who's got a goal or assist every 140 minutes (9 goals, 6 assists in 2107 mins). he's got a decent return with the cameos he's had, the issue is entirely Rodgers deathly fear of attacking football 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'm sure they love dealing with a guy who's got a goal or assist every 140 minutes (9 goals, 6 assists in 2107 mins). he's got a decent return with the cameos he's had, the issue is entirely Rodgers deathly fear of attacking football 

Not it's not. He has missed chances just like all our strikers have. I kept seeing people blame us for not creating chances but it's not true.

We've scored more goals than every team upto 9th. We've scored more than Chelsea, Fulham and Villa.

An adequate enough manager will get rid of some of these pathetic players and (hopefully) Daka will be one of them.

Edited by Fox92

Guest Col city fan

Don’t get the Slimani love-in?

I thought he was a cart-horse and he’s not gone on to produce anything much anywhere else either.

At c30 mill and estimated over 100k per week, he was stealing a living from the club for years.

Complete waste of money 

37 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not it's not. He has missed chances just like all our strikers have. I kept seeing people blame us for not creating chances but it's not true.

We've scored more goals than every team upto 9th. We've scored more than Chelsea, Fulham and Villa.

An adequate enough manager will get rid of some of these pathetic players and (hopefully) Daka will be one of them.

we've scored more because Madders and Youri love a bangers contest, not because we're creating good chances. only Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest, Wolves and Palace have a worse xG than us, and only Spurs and Arsenal are outperforming their xG more than we are. Anyone who's watched us over the past 18 months knows we don't create much and have been bailed out by Maddison and Youris fondness for a worldie 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Don’t get the Slimani love-in?

I thought he was a cart-horse and he’s not gone on to produce anything much anywhere else either.

At c30 mill and estimated over 100k per week, he was stealing a living from the club for years.

Complete waste of money 

always thought he was a donkey and i remember him missing easy chances. i think people just remember him for that porto goal lol 

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Ndidi was exceptional for 3 seasons though.

Just on this point... He's started 7 league games this season, of which probably 3 of them were genuinely good performances(!) People are going ridiculously overboard on Mendy this season for some reason.

I mean, Barnes has had plenty of criticism, but he's still had like twice as many good games as Mendy has even had games. Wouldn't even surprise me if some of our fans bizarrely start voting for Mendy as POTS like they did with Amartey last season.

I was talking of the Mendy after coming back from injury,fortunately at the time

Ndidi started his major injury concerns,having several comebacks,that even till now have prevented him find a consistent level of form..

Mendy has POTS, from me,was more tongue in cheek,because besides Maddison,off the bench or starting Mendyˋs performances were better. & more consistent,than even Barnes(top scorer from start of season) Tielemans,& the rest.

Barnes, scores is what we always need…but Mendy being IMO often the catalyst of those important positive moments in our game…

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I was talking of the Mendy after coming back from injury,fortunately at the time

Ndidi started his major injury concerns,having several comebacks,that even till now have prevented him find a consistent level of form..

Mendy has POTS, from me,was more tongue in cheek,because besides Maddison,off the bench or starting Mendyˋs performances were better. & more consistent,than even Barnes(top scorer from start of season) Tielemans,& the rest.

Barnes, scores is what we always need…but Mendy being IMO often the catalyst of those important positive moments in our game…

He’s played like 1/4 of the season and played well in like 3 games. Our record in those 7 league games he’s started btw is won 1, drawn 1, lost 5. He’s been far from “often the catalyst” to “important positive moments in our game”. That’s a ridiculous statement for a player who’s barely played and who our record is actually worse when he does play.

People are going ridiculously overboard for him for no reason,  pretty much solely due to one good performance vs Spurs. It’s so weird. 

Of course the likes of Maddison and Barnes have been miles better than him this season, even as streaky/inconsistent as they’ve been.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

I think Adrien Silva was the worst for me. At £22mil and didn’t have a single good game. At least Perez and Slimani had a few good performances and scored/handballed one memorable goal/assist in a CL match and FA Cup final respectively.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Perez the worst value for money signing ever in my opinion. Slimani was bang average but not actively a hindrance, and Musa cost half as much.

Especially when you consider 4 years of wages and no selling on fee. Most of the others didn't see out their contract and we recouped some money. Perez 30m + estimated £10m in wages + 0 in selling on fees. Got to be the biggest amount of money wasted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I think Adrien Silva was the worst for me. At £22mil and didn’t have a single good game. At least Perez and Slimani had a few good performances and scored/handballed one memorable goal/assist in a CL match and FA Cup final respectively.

And Perez actually kicked us to top 2..-

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

He’s played like 1/4 of the season and played well in like 3 games. Our record in those 7 league games he’s started btw is won 1, drawn 1, lost 5. He’s been far from “often the catalyst” to “important positive moments in our game”. That’s a ridiculous statement for a player who’s barely played and who our record is actually worse when he does play.

People are going ridiculously overboard for him for no reason,  pretty much solely due to one good performance vs Spurs. It’s so weird. 

Of course the likes of Maddison and Barnes have been miles better than him this season, even as streaky/inconsistent as they’ve been.

That’s why forums have various PoV

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

we've scored more because Madders and Youri love a bangers contest, not because we're creating good chances. only Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest, Wolves and Palace have a worse xG than us, and only Spurs and Arsenal are outperforming their xG more than we are. Anyone who's watched us over the past 18 months knows we don't create much and have been bailed out by Maddison and Youris fondness for a worldie 

Better create a separate column for screamers then.. 

Southampton away, great example of creating lots of chances and not taking one of them. A striker at a big club scores a hat trick that game.