Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

Statistical Data shows we should be 6th in the Table

18 minutes ago, Area88 said:

It's high level analysis. The kind that premier leagues clubs use.

I can provide more granular level if needed. 

6 goals in the last 8 games tells a different story

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Area88 said:

I'll go get a job as a data analyst for a Premier League club and you can all laugh at me then. But I can assure you I will be highly paid and well regarded,

Brendan is bored already I see

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Area88 said:

Exactly my point from the analysis. It's all down to goals conceded. 

So basically, what I'm hearing is that scoring goals is good and conceding goals is bad?

Can somebody forward this to the club please? See if we can find a manager who can understand this ground breaking analysis.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Area88 said:
  • We have scored 43 goals. Double about 8 out of 9 clubs ranked from 11th to 20th in the table.
  • Goals scored from other teams - Southampton  23 - Bournemouth 27 - Nottingham Forest 24, Everton - 23 - West Ham - 26  Wolves - 23- Crystal Palace 24 - Chelsea - 29
  • We have conceded 53 goals.  If we conceded only 13 less goals......
  • We would be top 6 based on the statistical data I.e. - Aston Villa are 7th with 38 goals scored and 40 goals conceded.

Source: Data analysis of the Premier League Table.

That's 1% analysis and 99% reading numbers from the prem table. We all know we're not bad at scoring and not good at defending.  What data and insight have you got that explains why, and what the club should do about it?

7 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

That's 1% analysis and 99% reading numbers from the prem table. We all know we're not bad at scoring and not good at defending.  What data and insight have you got that explains why, and what the club should do about it?

We have world class players and yet we all going to get relegated? We are the equivalent of Middlesborough in the 90s when they had Ravanelli and Juninho.

We score more goals than Chelsea and have the opposite problem to Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Area88 said:
  • We have scored 43 goals. Double about 8 out of 9 clubs ranked from 11th to 20th in the table.
  • Goals scored from other teams - Southampton  23 - Bournemouth 27 - Nottingham Forest 24, Everton - 23 - West Ham - 26  Wolves - 23- Crystal Palace 24 - Chelsea - 29
  • We have conceded 53 goals.  If we conceded only 13 less goals......
  • We would be top 6 based on the statistical data I.e. - Aston Villa are 7th with 38 goals scored and 40 goals conceded.

Source: Data analysis of the Premier League Table.

Brendan Rodgers if he was analysing his performance this season.

28 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

To flip things on it head as it were, I wonder where we would have finished in the title winning season if the same data/reasoning was applied?

it's an interesting question, our chance creation was second only to arsenal, our defence was 8th best in terms of chances given up. overall we were good for about a 3rd or 4th place finish, but conceded 9 less than expected. Fair to say that Kasper was the difference between "just" champions league and the title based on the stats

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Area88 said:

The data shows we just lack confidence in defence. That's all!

Its not confidence its proper tactics and organisation. Rodgers was totally clueless at that. Individual players have been singled out when the poor sods have been asked to play a flute concerto on a tin whistle. The next Joe who takes over has got to sort that out.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1