Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

Statistical Data shows we should be 6th in the Table

7 minutes ago, Area88 said:

What about the fair play awards?

Nah…not interested. All about staying up. Although we are probably the nicest side to play against in the league, so would be close to winning the fair play league I would imagine! 

2 hours ago, Area88 said:

Exactly my point from the analysis. It's all down to goals conceded. 

I’m curious.

If it’s all down to goals conceded, what would a scenario like this tell you

5 games

won 4 by a score of 1-0

lost 1 by a score of 6-0

Goals scored = 4

Goals conceded = 6

Over 38 games we would have a record of around 30-8

Having scored only 30 goals

but conceding 45

What would your stats tell you just based off the goals for/against?

• We have scored 43 goals. Double about 8 out of 9 clubs ranked from 11th to 20th in the table.
  • Goals scored from other teams - Southampton  23 - Bournemouth 27 - Nottingham Forest 24, Everton - 23 - West Ham - 26  Wolves - 23- Crystal Palace 24 - Chelsea - 29
  • We have conceded 53 goals.  If we conceded only 13 less goals......
  • We would be top 6 based on the statistical data I.e. - Aston Villa are 7th with 38 goals scored and 40 goals conceded.

Source: Data analysis of the Premier League Table.

If we had not conceded a goal all season we would 66 points

• We have scored 43 goals. Double about 8 out of 9 clubs ranked from 11th to 20th in the table.
  • Goals scored from other teams - Southampton  23 - Bournemouth 27 - Nottingham Forest 24, Everton - 23 - West Ham - 26  Wolves - 23- Crystal Palace 24 - Chelsea - 29
  • We would be top 6 based on the statistical data I.e. - Aston Villa are 7th with 38 goals scored and 40 goals conceded.

Thanks

Sadly we’re not 

3 hours ago, Area88 said:

This could make a great tifo 🤔

Statistical data from the last eleven seasons shows that the average points totals for the bottom four at the end of the season, working upwards, are approximately 24, 30, 34 and 37 points. No club has survived during that time with 34 points. If City's points/game average continues at the same rate, they're on target for 33 points. Goal difference could easily be a determining factor this season, but in the last eleven seasons, no club has survived just by virtue of its GD.

I think there is some truth in this statistic in that our downfall all season has been silly mistakes like the Villa game and that has been our downfall. 

Our forward play is actually pretty good, but we've made too many basic errors which has negated the good play. Our midfield too has not protected our defence but then the defence have left too many holes too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Area88 said:

You work at the club don’t you? Would explain a lot…

4 hours ago, Area88 said:

We have world class players and yet we all going to get relegated? We are the equivalent of Middlesborough in the 90s when they had Ravanelli and Juninho.

We score more goals than Chelsea and have the opposite problem to Chelsea.

Data analysis shows that it's actually Middlesbrough.   Not Middlesborough.  :)