Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

The Positives

3 hours ago, Getin said:

The scrapping of the fox membership scheme as  there will be no problem getting tickets, return of cheap bums on seat tickets for the many” less attractive” games (which will piss off season ticket holders) and the Christmas pressie special - the half season , season ticket.

Wishful thinking that I reckon.

Getting rid of players that are just here for the money. We need a core of English players, preferably home grown, that can't be criticised for lack of effort. We will be ok, just need some pride back. The fact that revenue will go down is immaterial as it all goes on player wages anyway in premier league.

People's disliking of VAR is baffling. Surely if you don't like the officiating when they get to look at slow motion replays from multiple angles, you will hate their officiating when it's all in real time!

And, just for the pure cheating the 'well I couldn't see that' crap doesn't work with VAR. They have to at least spend time to work out if they can plausibly cheat!

• Like 1

Just now, FOXSE said:

People's disliking of VAR is baffling. Surely if you don't like the officiating when they get to look at slow motion replays from multiple angles, you will hate their officiating when it's all in real time!

And, just for the pure cheating the 'well I couldn't see that' crap doesn't work with VAR. They have to at least spend time to work out if they can plausibly cheat!

For me it is the natural and organic celebrations that I like. These are ruined with VAR as you have it in the back of your mind. 

• Like 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

For me it is the natural and organic celebrations that I like. These are ruined with VAR as you have it in the back of your mind. 

That is true.... but I remember man u not conceding a penalty at home for 5 and a half years, and I guess I am still just bitter about it!

Also, the Chelsea fa cup final goal would have stood. So I think that's check mate! 😄 

Just now, FOXSE said:

That is true.... but I remember man u not conceding a penalty at home for 5 and a half years, and I guess I am still just bitter about it!

Also, the Chelsea fa cup final goal would have stood. So I think that's check mate! 😄 

I agree that the Chelsea fa cup game is the one exception for me. I just liked a goal going in then as long as Lino’s flag stays down then you’re all good. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I agree that the Chelsea fa cup game is the one exception for me. I just liked a goal going in then as long as Lino’s flag stays down then you’re all good. 

But if you are playing one of the top teams, the flag always goes up against us, but they are always just onside.... I hate that!