Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

The Positives

17 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maddison couldn't give a shit so I would drop him for starters as he will be off in the summer anyway, then I would play Daka and Nacho up top with 2 wingers Tete Barnes and 2 cms with 4 at the back

Think you will find Barnes is injured and we don’t have anyone else on that side.

Maybe the rumours of the club being for sale are true and the Red Bull corporation want to purchase the club and have influenced the appointment, even though he did get the boot from Leipzig.

RB Leicester? That would be worse. :doh:

Edited by josh_baskin

7 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

Maybe the rumours of the club being for sale are true and the Red Bull corporation want to purchase the club and have influenced the appointment, even though he did get the boot from Leipzig.

See you later Leicester City if thats the case.

• Like 1

I don’t want us to get relegated but maybe  some time in the championship may help to reset our club. It does all feel a bit stale. The squad, the board, the match day experience. The Premier League makes us forget why we first fell in love with our club and our sport in the first place. I truly fell in love with supporting Leicester city when we were in league one. It made the journey to the premier league even more special, let alone the things which came with it. If the club want it, then it can reset its relationship with the fans in the championship, it can reconnect with the community, it can inspire the next generation. Since 2017 I really haven’t felt that at the club and it’s gotten worse season by season. 

• Like 1

Positives for next season if when we're relegated:

No Brendan Rodgers.

No VAR.

Smaller crowds ie easier to park and get away afterwards.

A few different away days that we haven't done for a decade.

And lastly ... It might, just might, make the club think again and stop treating the fans like dirt.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

We are already pretty much King Power FC so this wouldn’t make much of a difference.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

We are already pretty much King Power FC so this wouldn’t make much of a difference.

Only thing I can say is that we already have the name Leicester City, the same badge, colours (for most part). If red bull came in I would suggest that all of those things would change. Even if they took over but didn't change anything, I would probably still stop going just by having that association with the Red Bull football brand.

I’m a natural pessimist so I’m having to work hard to come up with some positives.

Only 3 teams go down, so one of us, Southampton, forest or Everton will stay up.  It could be us. 

If we go down, despite losing players we will still win some games, which will make a refreshing change from this season.

Seeing some new players, hopefully a better style of football and far more commitment.

Relegation is awful but this season has been utterly grim. Let's be honest, we are in relegation battles for the foreseeable if we stay up.

3 hours ago, josh_baskin said:

I doubt it. Marsch is reportedly our third choice. First was to give it to the caretakers, second was Potter and third was Marsch.

6 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

I've only been to handful of home games in the past 2 seasons. 

What exactly are the club doing/not doing that is so bad towards the fans ?

I'm probably being naive. I'm interested to know. 

Well, off the top of my head ...

No longer putting away tickets on General Sale.
Can't buy away tickets at the ground/fanstore.
Home tickets hardly ever put on General Sale any more.
Pretty much forcing mobile ticketing on fans, rather than making it optional.
Bringing in "big brother" ID checks at away matches.
Massive OTT security at home games incl searching people and general behaving like a bullying jobsworth.
Ejecting people from the ground, for pretty much nothing.
Banning fan(s) for comments on social media.

Just basically treating fans with the attitude of "It's our club, if you don't like it, f... off"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1