Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

The Positives

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Least we’ll be fighting for something different. Let’s be honest, even if we had stayed up we’d have been in exactly the same place this time next year. Going down and resetting might be what we need to get a winning mentality back into the club. (Completely clutching at straws and pretending we definitely won’t struggle in the champ) 

Clutching but yes, I think we would have been battling relegation again next season too, as no lessons seem to have been learned over the past 18 months or so. 

We were always going to need a reset, whether we stayed up or not, however, at least now we will have one forced on us, as opposed to trying to plod along like nothing has happened, had we stayed up, which seems to be Top's style so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

A positive? We’ll get to sing the ‘E I E I E I O up the football league we go’ song again. Easy lyrics and we just have to hope the next manager’s name fits neatly into the final bit. 👍🏻

Not that easy, huh @Col city fan ?  😂

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

There’s no better place/opportunity for a full reset. 

Just have to hope it pans out like it has for Burnley. 

Nah when they went down Burnley were still a disciplined solid side, who left everything on the pitch for the manager. No comparison I'm afraid.

• Like 1

When there are no signings, players are leaving and not being properly replaced, the squad Ill-equipped for the level they’re expected to play at and anyone with any ability wanting out we won’t be shocked and traumatised by it as we’ve already been through it all last summer. Who says there’s no thoughtful advance planning strategies going on at this club!