Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

The Positives

3 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Really? What are you basing that on? Haven’t both teams been relegated?

To be fair I was thinking mainly about the players we’ve managed to produce while we’ve been in the Prem (Chilwell, Barnes, Dewsbury-Hall, Thomas, Choudhury, Bassey) not all amazing but good talents, in the ten years before that it produced, what, Schlupp, King, Gradel, Moore and a whole lot of dross. If that’s a result of improvements we’ve made then we’re a lot more likely to find youngsters capable of doing well in the Championship than we used to be?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Do you think so?

You can't afford 250 t-shirts, 30,000 clappers and pyrotechnics every few games on a championship budget. Even Chang won't want their free beer associated with the little league.

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

When did we have the fireworks? That crap i cant even remember them?

Villa I think.

It wasn't even those normal flamethrower things it was poundshop stuff that barely even sparked. They did them in time to Kasabian with the whole light show bollocks, every "Booosh" was accompanied by a snap,crackle & pop of these tinpot things going off.

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

Probably won’t have to endure another defeat at the City Ground next year.

No more of those utterly tedious Man City toying with us games and their inexplicable Ranieri obsession.

No more sitting through a couple of Harry Kane hattricks against us each year.

No front row seat for Newcastle’s nauseating Saudi funded dominance.

No more feed the scousers from our morons. Don’t have to see Dyche next year.

Man United getting completely outrageous VAR decisions won’t directly impact us.

We’ll finish above Derby.

We could potentially have threatened Derby’s record next year with our attacking talent sold off.

Better chance of us getting our act together and being able to enjoy football at some point in the Championship.

The training ground (please don’t throw things at me) genuinely will help us in the long run.

Our academy seems to be in much much better shape than it’s been in my lifetime.

Thomas and Kristiansen both badly need a year of Championship football, think one or the other could end up being quite good for us with the time to develop at that level.

Unless we reappoint Brendan we’ll never have to watch Danny Ward again.

Lots of grounds we haven’t been to in a while.

Nice little chance to tour some of our old adversaries and let them know what we’ve been up to over the last decade. 

Thanks for an honest, genuine attempt at the good news. Relegation is terrible for the club but there are, albeit only a few, silver linings. 

Even in and amongst a lot of negativity I can usually find a positive, but reading that Jason Bourne tweet about the general complacency about the club makes me think we're just in for more of the same next season. The same lack of desire or care within the club. The same idiots who've spearheaded this run to the Championship put in charge of getting us out of it. I think we're as likely to drop again as bounce back up.

I suppose we do get rid of a lot of these shit players. There is a collective lack of fight amongst this team. A lack of care and a lack of fight as a symptom. I can actually tolerate bad players - I can't tolerate this complete and utter lack of effort. I can't resonate with this team at all. I'll be quite happy to see a lot of them suffer the indignity of this to be honest.

• Like 2

I know some people are doom and gloom and rightly so, but in 12 months time, we could be right back in the Premier League, with an exciting up and coming Manager, a new set of hungry players who want to fight for the club and take their chance in the Premier League, a much reduced wage bill and hopefully a leader or two, in the mould of Kasper or Big Wes. 

That is really not a stretch either. You only have to look at the history of clubs that come straight back up. I think we are capable of that, but of course there is never a guarantee. Need Top to quickly learn from his mistakes and get some key decisions right over the summer. 

• Haha 1

Positive is we get our club back.

Theses waste men players who don't want to be here will **** off.

And hopefully we can give the youth ago and buy players who want to play for us.

Also get a young and hungry manager with new ides.

Hopefully Top will sack Rudkin also.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX
  • Like 2

At various points this season, after winning a small bet on the football at the weekend, I invested the winnings into us being relegated. With odds ranging from 2.8 to 7. Total outlay £120, potential return £585. Will mean a free season ticket for the Champ at least.

we'll be saved by Vardy 's hattrick against Liverfool while Everton loses 1-4 to a rampant Man City side

//Chang might f*** us off and we get some real beer in the concourse 

like what? Bud /butt Light?

Edited by erlee

10 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Probably won’t have to endure another defeat at the City Ground next year.

No more of those utterly tedious Man City toying with us games and their inexplicable Ranieri obsession.

No more sitting through a couple of Harry Kane hattricks against us each year.

No front row seat for Newcastle’s nauseating Saudi funded dominance.

No more feed the scousers from our morons. Don’t have to see Dyche next year.

Man United getting completely outrageous VAR decisions won’t directly impact us.

We’ll finish above Derby.

We could potentially have threatened Derby’s record next year with our attacking talent sold off.

Better chance of us getting our act together and being able to enjoy football at some point in the Championship.

The training ground (please don’t throw things at me) genuinely will help us in the long run.

Our academy seems to be in much much better shape than it’s been in my lifetime.

Thomas and Kristiansen both badly need a year of Championship football, think one or the other could end up being quite good for us with the time to develop at that level.

Unless we reappoint Brendan we’ll never have to watch Danny Ward again.

Lots of grounds we haven’t been to in a while.

Nice little chance to tour some of our old adversaries and let them know what we’ve been up to over the last decade. 

What an encouraging and look forward list of things to come, in the Championship.

However I would  rather we endured everything,  alongside a reset all whilst still in the Prem, if any team with the right people in charge could do it, our Team would be it.

But I suspect the changes that are needed wont happen, and as described we would struggle again and be back here fighting to stay, or worse be relegation confirmed early in the season due to inept performances, and nil points.

It's fair to say the Championship beckons for all the right reasons as I see it right now.

Hipster thing to say but the 2013/14 championship winning season was my favourite following the club. If we can replicate that feeling of hope and optimism again with players who actually want to play for us then maybe I can start enjoying it again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1