Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

The Positives

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Club will have to drop the barrier to entry regarding ticketing. Pressume they all go back up though if we got promoted again.

Some of the suits at the club will probably be expecting demand to be exactly the same in the Championship and will be shocked when we're averaging 26/27K and no one's bought a membership  

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Hipster thing to say but the 2013/14 championship winning season was my favourite following the club. If we can replicate that feeling of hope and optimism again with players who actually want to play for us then maybe I can start enjoying it again. 

Is this hipster?

Everyone I know my age (mid to late 20’s) says the same 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Club will have to drop the barrier to entry regarding ticketing. Pressume they all go back up though if we got promoted again.

They won't drop it without a fight. They'll presume we'll start winning right away and people will be flocking back to us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Poor old Rotherham getting mentioned of what life in the championship is going to mean on so many threads  , wait till they rock up and do us over 1-0! 

They could have Paul Chuckle up front and they'd still score

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, whetstonefox said:

Poor old Rotherham getting mentioned of what life in the championship is going to mean on so many threads  , wait till they rock up and do us over 1-0! 

Well we are in a state similar to December 2004 so yes it's looks like an absolute certainty.

Thank you Brendan and Top. Way to go.:appl::schmike:

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Would love to see them try and push "no general sale" against Rotherham Tuesday 13th February 2024 lol

Logged on to this thread to basically say that this will be a huge positive.

They’re going to either have to change the way they now police the ticketing sales system (and ID checks) or risk a half empty stadium each week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

Is this hipster?

Everyone I know my age (mid to late 20’s) says the same 

I am also of that age so maybe it's not that hipster. I think it must have been the years of disappointment and then finally seeing it all come together. 

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:

At various points this season, after winning a small bet on the football at the weekend, I invested the winnings into us being relegated. With odds ranging from 2.8 to 7. Total outlay £120, potential return £585. Will mean a free season ticket for the Champ at least.

I did this in January, after losing to Fulham actually, we were 6/1 to drop so I put £62 on us to go down, to potentially return £435 (my season ticket price).

I'll be putting more money on our failures again next season. We'll be favourites to win the league yet I think we're quite likely to finish in the bottom half.

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I did this in January, after losing to Fulham actually, we were 6/1 to drop so I put £62 on us to go down, to potentially return £435 (my season ticket price).

I'll be putting more money on our failures again next season. We'll be favourites to win the league yet I think we're quite likely to finish in the bottom half.

The odds on teams to beat us at the start of next season will be incredibly generous before the bookies realise how shite we are. Definitely money to be made.

Looking forward to being able to do an FM save with us again. Starting in the PL is boring and I've fond memories of romping to promotion in 2012 with a strike pairing of Wilfried Bony and Daniel Sturridge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Away trip to Blackburn with my best mate and close away trips to Plymouth and Brizzle again...be like the good old days!!

Everyone sweating about the clubs financial situation need to get a grip....its not going to affect your own pocket

No seaside trips next year is there? well suppose we could settle for Plymouth. 

For 2013-14 was one of the greatest seasons we had getting out of the championship, promoted in style and winning every week home and away loved and getting 100+ points. Could never top that. Unless we remain unbeaten all season. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Seen  a few relegation scraps down the years but this one hurts more because it need never have happened, still, I guess if the club can go up as champions at some point over the next few seasons it will be another football record broken? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Seen  a few relegation scraps down the years but this one hurts more because it need never have happened, still, I guess if the club can go up as champions at some point over the next few seasons it will be another football record broken? 

A relegation without any fight whatsoever. A shameful footnote in the history of our club

But at least it hopefully won't get much worse as you say

Edited by HybridFox

Guest Col city fan

The Championship can be good fun:

1. Far more Sat 3pm kick offs

2. Far less prima donnas falling on their arrises if anyone blows on them.

3. No VAR!! (Is that right?)

4. The chance of the excitement (and heartbreak) of the play-offs if you miss out on automatic promotion.

5. Watching some newly developing young players come into the squad.

6. Being assured of a seat for most games if you want one.

7. Greater probability of wins 🤷‍♂️

8. Likelihood of getting tickets for away games if you fancy watching City on the road.

It ain’t all bad tbf and some of it’s pretty good!

59 minutes ago, Guest said:

Looking forward to being able to do an FM save with us again. Starting in the PL is boring and I've fond memories of romping to promotion in 2012 with a strike pairing of Wilfried Bony and Daniel Sturridge.

A few more weeks and I can get an updated database that has us relegated and can absolutely gut the squad

Gonna be the most fun I have had on FM with Leicester for a while lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1