Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Relegation who do we keep and who goes ?

40 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I think realistically only players that stay will be

Iversen

Souttar

Kristiansen

Daka

Think others will be picked up by other teams or we will actively try to sell.

They had better be cheap or as usual no takers and there will probably be a huge amount of compensation to pay.

36 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

It’ll be a mixture of 5/6 squad players we currently have, along with some players currently out on loan and new blood (probably on loan) … but who they’ll be, I have no idea. 

I’d like Iverson to stay but sell Ward - get his wages off the books

Souttar you’d think will stay, and be a really good player in the championship. Faes might leave, Amartey I think is going on a free. Nelson out on loan maybe back up?

Kristensen I guess also stays, but both Ricardo and Castagne will leave. Hopefully Justin stays 

As for midfield, no idea, don’t feel like we’ll have anyone left. KDH probably, but that’s probably it. 

Daka and Iheanacho probably both leave, Vardy retires… so again, players out on loan in or we get fresh blood. 

It really is a big job 

I don’t actually see Ricardo going. His age, injuries and only ok form since he’s been back suggest to me that he’ll follow us down and probably enjoy himself in The Championship. I can’t see anyone come in for Daka. He’s ready made Championship level. 

On the basis we are in the championship:

Sell/Won't be able to hold onto:
- Ward

- Bertrand

- Vestergaard

- Castagne 

- Barnes 

- Maddison 

- Soumare

- Ndidi

- Praet (too good for Championship, didn't quite work out for us in the prem, will go abroad)

- Evans (injuries/wages)

- Albrighton (Great servant, but this is a real chance to build a fresh start, would do a job for us but wants first team football, and would take up a slot of a young hungry winger)

- Iheanacho (he is too good for champ)
- Choudhury (Doubt he will want to be benched at this point of his career, can't see him working alongside KDH as too similar)

- Pereira (I'd like to keep but high wages, and this would be a perfect chance to bring through Justin with a full season, Pereira won't be a champ bench warmer)

Core players to keep:
- Daka
(Only if Marsch is manager)
- Mendy
- KDH 
- Kristiansen

- Souttar 

- Justin

- Faes

- Iversen

- Alves

Keep/Bench/Promote: 
- Amartey

- Thomas (loan) 

- Smithies

- Alves

- Braybrooke

- Marcal-Madivadua

Retire:

- Vardy

Signings:
- 2x LW
- 2x RW
- Striker

- Midfield warrior captain
- 2x CB

Edited by cityfanlee23

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Sell:
- Ward

- Bertrand

- Vestergaard

- Castagne 

- Barnes 

- Maddison 

- Soumare

- Ndidi

- Praet (too good for Championship, didn't quite work out for us in the prem, will go abroad)

- Evans (injuries/wages)

- Albrighton (Great servant, but this is a real chance to build a fresh start, would do a job for us but wants first team football, and would take up a slot of a young hungry winger)

- Choudhury (Doubt he will want to be benched at this point of his career, can't see him working alongside KDH as too similar)

- Pereira (I'd like to keep but high wages, and this would be a perfect chance to bring through Justin with a full season, Pereira won't be a champ bench warmer)

Core players to keep:
- Daka
- Mendy
- KDH 
- Kristiansen

- Souttar 

- Justin

- Faes

- Iversen

- Alves

Keep/Bench/Promote: 
- Amartey

- Thomas (loan) 

- Smithies

- Alves

- Braybrooke

- Marcal-Madivadua

Retire:

- Vardy

Signings:
- 2x LW
- 2x RW
- Striker

- 2x CB

Why would you want Iheanacho to leave if you think he’s too good for The Championship? Surely you’d want him to stay? :blink:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Sell:
- Ward

- Bertrand

- Vestergaard

- Castagne 

- Barnes 

- Maddison 

- Soumare

- Ndidi

- Evans (injuries/wages)

Core players to keep:
- Daka
- Mendy
- KDH 
- Kristiansen

- Souttar 

- Justin

- Faes

- Iversen

- Alves

Keep/Bench/Promote: 
- Amartey

- Thomas (loan) 

- Smithies

- Alves

- Braybrooke

- Marcal-Madivadua

Retire:

- Vardy

Signings:
- 2x LW
- 2x RW
- Striker

- 2x CB

No way anyone’s taking on Vestergaard’s wages. He’ll be here next season.

• Like 2

Convinced that Souttar and Victor have been brought in with one eye on the Championship. These lads are nowhere near good enough at this level, and won't get picked up by anyone else in the PL. 

We'll turn to lads like Braybrooke, and based on the current under performing crop, so we should. 

Edited by SK3Blue

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Why would you want Iheanacho to leave if you think he’s too good for The Championship? Surely you’d want him to stay? :blink:

It's not that I want him to leave as such, It's that he will get a premier league offer and won't stay, I'll change the name of the category. 

59 minutes ago, merlin1969 said:

Vardy and Nacho in the Championship I think would be great 

I’m sorry, I love Vardy but I think he was a player that heavily relied on his pace, and that pace has gone. The championship is a tough league, I think Vardys next move is a lower league than championship or retirement 

3 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

I became a Leicester fan watching them play in the Champions league. Forked out the cash and traveled across the ocean to go to the Tottenham home game in 2019. I just want to let you guys know that if they go down us fans abroad will still be watching and cheering them in the Championship.

Good to hear, and spoken like a true fan. But there are always plenty of fickle fans/glory hunters who will change colours. Part of life.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I think realistically only players that stay will be

Iversen

Souttar

Kristiansen

Daka

Think others will be picked up by other teams or we will actively try to sell.

Justin? Choudary will be useful in the championship, Albrighton against useful in the championship.

6 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

I became a Leicester fan watching them play in the Champions league. Forked out the cash and traveled across the ocean to go to the Tottenham home game in 2019. I just want to let you guys know that if they go down us fans abroad will still be watching and cheering them in the Championship.

You should have done more research mate, being a Leicester fan is a glutton for punishment  !

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Justin? Choudary will be useful in the championship, Albrighton against useful in the championship.

Think Despite his Injury a team will pick him up. He was on fringes of England. If he can get back to how he was a mid table prem team will have him even for back up

Albrighton and Choudhury maybe.