Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Relegation who do we keep and who goes ?

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Justin? Choudary will be useful in the championship, Albrighton against useful in the championship.

Watched a bit of Watford this year and Choudhary hasn't really stood out. Albrighton has been dropped to the bench for the last few West Brom games. If these are starting for us next year then the rebuild hasn't gone well

Make no doubt about it relegation will cripple the club from top to bottom. You'd expect Top to sack Rudkin and Whelan for overseeing this disaster but based on the absolute shit show over the last few seasons I wouldn't trust any of them. They (owners) wanted out and now they're lumbered with a depreciating asset due to their mismanagement, so well done, thanks for that.

So who goes? Rudkin, Whelan, some of the long term coaches, all the players out of contract. Nacho to Turkey, Barnes to a mid table side, Ndidi to Dignitas, Soumare to France, Praet, Castagne, Maddison, Ricardo, and Vardy could go USA or wherever he wants. 

I expect a core group of the newer signings / youth plus the contracted group we can't get rid of

Smithies

Ward

Iverson 

Justin

Thomas

Souttar 

Faes

Braybrooke

KDH

Hamza 

Alves

Wanya

Hirst 

Daka - tenuous link to Marsch could keep him... but a sellable asset 

So 10-15 extras some of which from youth as well and they'll have to be 10-15 improvements on the best 11 from those listed.

Truly shocking.

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Put the club up for sale.....

Sack the DOF

Susan wealen.

Sack all the coaching team

Sack the sports science team

Sack the physio and doctors

Terminate the majority of players contracts.

Start fresh from the top to the very bottom.

And burn the stadium down!

Will depend quite how much the loans we’ve taken out again the future TV money require…. 

Reckon these will actively look to move - Castagne, Ndidi, Maddison, Iheanacho, Praet maybe Barnes, Faes, Hirst 

Leaving on free Tielemans, Mendy, Bertrand, Evans, Amartey Soyuncu

Might be up for sticking around but may need to cash in-: VK, Riccy P, Daka, Hamza (if Watford pay the option) 

would want to move them on but no chance anyone pays money for them-: Vesterplank, Ward, Soumaré - so will be carrying into next year against their and our will 

possibly negotiate a severance so he can go to USA - Vards 

Otherwise likely to be here at start of season - Iversen smithies Stolarcyk, Souttar, Thomas, Albrighton, Justin, KDH

Depressing  😳

48 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Watched a bit of Watford this year and Choudhary hasn't really stood out. Albrighton has been dropped to the bench for the last few West Brom games. If these are starting for us next year then the rebuild hasn't gone well

It’s not as easy as just going out and buying a new squad though. We will lose players such as Barnes who I’d want to keep over the rest if it was possible. We will be left we only a few left and will need to recruit well.

Albrighton and Choudhury are more than good enough to play a role in helping us consolidate and keeping us up in the Championship!

Interestingly who do we try and promote from the academy?

Iversen

Justin

Souttar

???

Kristiansen (can't see him begging to jump ship)

KDH

??

Barnes (wouldn't surprise me if he stays)

???

???

Daka??? (doesnt need to leave to guarantee his spot in the Zambian side does he)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ricardo kept on, along with Nacho, Thomas, Vardy if he doesn't retire. Not sure anybody except middle eastern clubs would come in for Ndidi, he'd rip up this level if he ever returns to his best. Probably keep hold of Faes and Evans but wouldn't be arsed if either left

Would expect to sell Praet, Castagne, Maddison, Soumare, Vestergaard hopefully. Tielemans, Mendy, Soyuncu and Amartey's contracts expire.

Promotions for Brunt, Alves, Braybrooke???? Think we need to try and blood in atleast one or two academy products. On the brightside we will be a big fish in that pond and be able to attract good talent for that level which can hopefully continue to develop back in the top flight eventually.

Edited by Stinky

3 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

It’ll be a mixture of 5/6 squad players we currently have, along with some players currently out on loan and new blood (probably on loan) … but who they’ll be, I have no idea. 

I’d like Iverson to stay but sell Ward - get his wages off the books

Souttar you’d think will stay, and be a really good player in the championship. Faes might leave, Amartey I think is going on a free. Nelson out on loan maybe back up?

Kristensen I guess also stays, but both Ricardo and Castagne will leave. Hopefully Justin stays 

As for midfield, no idea, don’t feel like we’ll have anyone left. KDH probably, but that’s probably it. 

Daka and Iheanacho probably both leave, Vardy retires… so again, players out on loan in or we get fresh blood. 

It really is a big job 

I think it's more likely that we'll sign Haaland to play for us in the championship than it is for us to find buyers for Ward. He's staying, guaranteed.

1 hour ago, apollo4joe said:

For the people saying Ricardo will leave, people are forgetting his horrific injury record over the past 3 years. No one will either pay money for him or match his wages.

So he will be here next season regardless.

Signed a deal till 2026 too recently 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSoxUK said:

Make no doubt about it relegation will cripple the club from top to bottom. You'd expect Top to sack Rudkin and Whelan for overseeing this disaster but based on the absolute shit show over the last few seasons I wouldn't trust any of them. They (owners) wanted out and now they're lumbered with a depreciating asset due to their mismanagement, so well done, thanks for that.

So who goes? Rudkin, Whelan, some of the long term coaches, all the players out of contract. Nacho to Turkey, Barnes to a mid table side, Ndidi to Dignitas, Soumare to France, Praet, Castagne, Maddison, Ricardo, and Vardy could go USA or wherever he wants. 

I expect a core group of the newer signings / youth plus the contracted group we can't get rid of

Smithies

Ward

Iverson 

Justin

Thomas

Souttar 

Faes

Braybrooke

KDH

Hamza 

Alves

Wanya

Hirst 

Daka - tenuous link to Marsch could keep him... but a sellable asset 

So 10-15 extras some of which from youth as well and they'll have to be 10-15 improvements on the best 11 from those listed.

Truly shocking.

I’ve not seen any evidence to suggest Daka is a sellable asset. He cost us £30m and looks worth about a tenth of that. 

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’ve not seen any evidence to suggest Daka is a sellable asset. He cost us £30m and looks worth about a tenth of that. 

£23m*

And if he stays with us in the championship he should bag for fun! Quality finisher given sporadic minutes in a failing team, under a failing manager.

Imo in the championship we would probably line up like this.

Albrighton   Daka/new ST  Ricardo

New mid/u23    KDH

Mendy

Kristansen Faes Souttar Justin

Iversen 

Everyone else I can't see staying or is too shit. Realistically that team is too good to get relegated from the championship providing we have normal moral and a half decent coach. 

Imo just blood in some u23s because we can't afford anyone PL quality. If we can keep Iheanacho and play to his strengths we go back up imo (I doubt we will keep him though). He always scores against Championship teams in the cups.

In my ideal world in the championship we line up with a 442 with Ihanacho playing second striker to Daka instead of one of the midfield 3 in the line up above.

8 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

I still sit here and shake my head that we gave Vardy at aged 35 a 2 year 140k a week deal when we had already massively declined as a player. 1 goal in 29 now for him 

Not missed many though. Our 3 strikers have had the least amount of shot from any prem team so it’s not his fault.