Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Relegation who do we keep and who goes ?

I think the core squad of players that are currently part of the club will be:

Iversen

Smithies

Justin

Ricardo

Faes

Souttar

Kristiansen

Thomas

Choudhury

KDH

Braybrooke

Alves

Daka

Hirst

Barnes potentially if no one pays the money for him (i.e Sarr at Watford)

Then obviously signings on top

Edited by South Shire Fox

25 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Interestingly who do we try and promote from the academy?

Iversen

Justin

Souttar

???

Kristiansen (can't see him begging to jump ship)

KDH

??

Barnes (wouldn't surprise me if he stays)

???

???

Daka??? (doesnt need to leave to guarantee his spot in the Zambian side does he)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ricardo kept on, along with Nacho, Thomas, Vardy if he doesn't retire. Not sure anybody except middle eastern clubs would come in for Ndidi, he'd rip up this level if he ever returns to his best. Probably keep hold of Faes and Evans but wouldn't be arsed if either left

Would expect to sell Praet, Castagne, Maddison, Soumare, Vestergaard hopefully. Tielemans, Mendy, Soyuncu and Amartey's contracts expire.

Promotions for Brunt, Alves, Braybrooke???? Think we need to try and blood in atleast one or two academy products. On the brightside we will be a big fish in that pond and be able to attract good talent for that level which can hopefully continue to develop back in the top flight eventually.

Would be happy if that was 7 of the starting 11 but really can’t see Barnes sticking around.

The others should be fine though as long as the remaining positions are filled sensibly!

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Would be happy if that was 7 of the starting 11 but really can’t see Barnes sticking around.

The others should be fine though as long as the remaining positions are filled sensibly!

Probably just the fact hes from the academy that makes me think he's more likely to stick around. Be interesting to see what sort of money we'd demand. Would more than likely sod off if we didn't get promoted at the first attempt though

3 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

It’ll be a mixture of 5/6 squad players we currently have, along with some players currently out on loan and new blood (probably on loan) … but who they’ll be, I have no idea. 

I’d like Iverson to stay but sell Ward - get his wages off the books

Souttar you’d think will stay, and be a really good player in the championship. Faes might leave, Amartey I think is going on a free. Nelson out on loan maybe back up?

Kristensen I guess also stays, but both Ricardo and Castagne will leave. Hopefully Justin stays 

As for midfield, no idea, don’t feel like we’ll have anyone left. KDH probably, but that’s probably it. 

Daka and Iheanacho probably both leave, Vardy retires… so again, players out on loan in or we get fresh blood. 

It really is a big job 

If we do get relegated then it's another re-start job - just like we had for our last releagation to League One when Pearson arrived. The rest as they say is history but I hope we don't regress back to that L1 level obviously, if we do go down!  

5 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Probably just the fact hes from the academy that makes me think he's more likely to stick around. Be interesting to see what sort of money we'd demand. Would more than likely sod off if we didn't get promoted at the first attempt though

I think he’ll stay here or end up somewhere local like Villa. Hes spent a fortune doing his new house up in the area so couldnt see him moving far unless its for a top club. Maybe if we can convince him we will bounce back first time he wouldnt leave this summer

Edited by South Shire Fox

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

What will be will be. Whoever wants to go can **** off gladly for me. Half of our problem is half the shit ***** don't want to be here.

I've stuck up for them before because I felt they'd been let down by their manager but today was on them. Of the starters who would realistically stay I'd keep Iversen, Faes and Kristiansen. Ricardo as well but he is better than the Championship.

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I think he’ll stay here or end up somewhere local like Villa. Hes spent a fortune doing his new house up in the area so couldnt see him moving far unless its for a top club. Maybe if we can convince him we will bounce back first time he wouldnt leave this summer

Yeah I mean not all quality assets from relegated clubs are guaranteed to go, Joao Pedro and Sarr from Watford being the first examples that come to my head (not sure they've exactly ripped the league up though)

Will be a question of how many we need to sell just to stay afloat in any meaningful way to try and compete at some level.

All out of contract players will leave. Simply can't afford to take them back on and in the case of one or two we wouldn't want to.

We have very few saleable assets of any value so I'd say we will have to sell Maddison, Barnes and Castagne plus Praet will finally get his wish to leave too. if Watford take up the option on Hamza he will be gone as well. On a good day that should raise 75-100 million. Which will be needed to pay back the loans owing and perhaps leave a few million to get in some new players.

Iverson is an interesting case. looks worth keeping but again if a decent offer came in I think we would be forced to take it. Same with Faes who I think would be looking to leave.

Then there are players who were worth a lot but now are not like Ricardo and Ndidi but still might get moves somewhere and would be useful to get off the wage bill. Same with JJ.

if we go down I think we are seriously looking at the possibility of requiring 12-15 new players to make up a squad. Some could come from the youth team though we're hardly bursting with talent at that level either.

Relegation will be a complete disaster for us at this time. Can't see us having enough spare cash to invest in enough decent players to make us competitive in the top half of the Championship more likely the bottom 8.

7 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Come on he'd have enough money to buy a nice house anywhere. Don't think this would hold him back. Even if he wanted to stay we will need to sell in any case.

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

Come on he'd have enough money to buy a nice house anywhere. Don't think this would hold him back. Even if he wanted to stay we will need to sell in any case.

Just think with him being a local lad he’d be prepared to give it one season outside Prem. Not sure we’d need to with Maddison going plus loads of high earners off the wage bill when their contracts run out

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Just think with him being a local lad he’d be prepared to give it one season outside Prem. Not sure we’d need to with Maddison going plus loads of high earners off the wage bill when their contracts run out

Maybe but we'd probably get 20-30 million for him and  I really don't think we will be in a position to turn that sort of money down unfortunately.

It'll be interesting to see who stays if we do go down out of our more talented players. 

I remember 20 or so years ago Izzet staying and dropping down a league and was a major part of us bouncing straight back up when in reality he was more than good enough to walk into most premier league sides. 

I can't see many of our current crop being willing to take wage reductions and play in the Championship.