Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue-fox

Fitness

Was surprised how McNeil and Iwobi just constantly had so much running in them. They were going over to the bench a couple of times and taking on whatever supplements they were to keep them going. 

Saw none of our players do the same. They were blowing after 70-75 mins. Absolutely dead on their feet. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

One thing that stuck out for me was what Smith said in one of his first interviews. He mentioned about fitness being one of the first things he works on as a manager but with there being so little time left in the season, he didn't think it was something that could be sorted so quickly. This straight away made me think that he felt there was an issue with the fitness of the players and I've thought it for  while now. There's been quite a bit of talk that the new training ground is too comfortable for the players and maybe not enough hard work and effort is being put in. Having a golf course probably doesn't help as some players could probably benefit from staying behind after training and working on fitness etc but they probably all just head over to the golf course and **** about.

As a fan, the basics we expect are fitness, hard work, fight and passion.  We have been desperately lacking in all of these areas which is why the place has become so toxic and so many fans have had enough. We can accept losing, we can accept mistakes. What I can't accept is a lack of fitness and a lack of pride and fight. We've seen a little more pride and fight since Smith came in but I fear its too little too late and the damage has already been done by Rodgers, damage that could take the club years to recover from.

It's a little bit of the opposite. 

Rodgers had a fitness coach making the squad over-train. Therefore you have this mix of players fatigued and therefore ****ed in the latter stages of games. Because they are over-training in season rather than pre-season. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

One thing that stuck out for me was what Smith said in one of his first interviews. He mentioned about fitness being one of the first things he works on as a manager but with there being so little time left in the season, he didn't think it was something that could be sorted so quickly. This straight away made me think that he felt there was an issue with the fitness of the players and I've thought it for  while now. There's been quite a bit of talk that the new training ground is too comfortable for the players and maybe not enough hard work and effort is being put in. Having a golf course probably doesn't help as some players could probably benefit from staying behind after training and working on fitness etc but they probably all just head over to the golf course and **** about.

As a fan, the basics we expect are fitness, hard work, fight and passion.  We have been desperately lacking in all of these areas which is why the place has become so toxic and so many fans have had enough. We can accept losing, we can accept mistakes. What I can't accept is a lack of fitness and a lack of pride and fight. We've seen a little more pride and fight since Smith came in but I fear its too little too late and the damage has already been done by Rodgers, damage that could take the club years to recover from.

Yes the fitness (if we accept smiths opinion) cannot be worked on until end of season.