Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RothleyFox

Is Jesse Marsch better than Rodgers ?

I said many times, The most important person in a football club is the manager.

We need to spend the money on a proper manager. If that means working with a reduced squad then so be it.

If we're not prepared to do that then bring in a rising star manager rather than a failed entity like Marsh at this level.

4 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

https://www.thecoachingmanual.com/blog/what-is-gegenpressing/

Marsch follows his mentor, Rangnick, in going for 4-2-3-1 and the 'Gegenpressing' style of football.

It MIGHT be a decent approach in our current predicament!

Of course, the other Rangnick 'disciple' in the PL (as the article says) is Klopp. Ask yourselves, "would Klopp's style of play help us out now?"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

But we don't have time? So whoever comes in will be rightly judged on their ability to see out this interim appointment.

Marsch will be an absolutely dreadful appointment for you. Don't be under any illusions he's completely out of his depth in the premier league. At Leeds he played a dreadful ,narrow,chaotic type of football with the full backs isolated with no one playing in wide positions in front of them, coupled with a high press this left us extremely vulnerable to counter attacks. 

The strongest part of or squad is our wingers. We have 4 very good wingers in Gnonto, Harrison, Sinisterra and Summerville yet he refused to play with width. 

You're down I'm afraid and Marsch won't last a year. Still as Marsch is fond of saying "The goal is in the middle "😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure it matters, he is a change not polluted by our internal malaise and is willing to come, so got to be worth a go

I happen to think his energy and intelligence (Princeton, right?) will alone benefit the club. 

Any American directness and no BS approach could assist calling out anyone within the system not currently contributing, whether that be Rudkin, the medical staff, the scouting team,  etc

• Like 1

Marsch would not be my choice.   But Rodgers was stake a d want effective.  Anyone with leadership skills will be a step up.  It's not if marsch is better for worse than todgers... its if he will do better for us than rodgers would.   I think he will... but will it be enough?

11 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Of course, the other Rangnick 'disciple' in the PL (as the article says) is Klopp. Ask yourselves, "would Klopp's style of play help us out now?"

Patson Daka would be happy - he played under Marsch for 2 seasons at Salzburg. I guess he'd be the 1 up front in Marsch's style of play.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hamilton Fox said:

And yet the club still saw their model of sell your best player and replace with inferior players as a good model - it might be work for a couple of years but in reality you run out of luck eventually as all it takes is a couple of crap transfers windows and it all goes up in smoke

...People took their eyes off the ball!!!

The policy is OK, we just stopped working to our core principles.

Had Rodgers gone much earlier we would have had a more appealing team to manage. We messed up pretty badly this time, we appear to be doubling down on the previous errors and we seem  intent on reprising them all again with acquisition of Marsch.

No, if the club had the finances we would have changed Managers earlier tbh or backed Rodgers Pre - Season.

If we had done it earlier the Pool of out of work Managers would have been deeper now we're in the shallow end without a Rubber Ring 

It don’t matter anymore, all we need to do is get behind the club as much as we can and do whatever we can down the ground to help get a couple of wins in the bag, we’re bang in the mire now. The wolves are at the door, there’s no time for anything other than doing the only thing we can, create an atmosphere.

So if you’re down the ground, actually get involved rather than sitting on your little fold out chair with your clapper murmuring “Leicester Leicester Leicester” under your breath every 10-15 minutes. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I happen to think his energy and intelligence (Princeton, right?) will alone benefit the club. 

Any American directness and no BS approach could assist calling out anyone within the system not currently contributing, whether that be Rudkin, the medical staff, the scouting team,  etc

Yes like it benefitted Leeds to the point where they sacked him. Which part of that did you miss?:dunno:

He is basically a motivator , we need that more than somebody who has swallowed "the idiot's book of tactics" right now. If he can get them fighting and kicking until the end of the season , we might still get out of this. However even if we do , next season is going to be one long battle. He may not be the man for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

It don’t matter anymore, all we need to do is get behind the club as much as we can and do whatever we can down the ground to help get a couple of wins in the bag, we’re bang in the mire now. The wolves are at the door, there’s no time for anything other than doing the only thing we can, create an atmosphere.

So if you’re down the ground, actually get involved rather than sitting on your little fold out chair with your clapper murmuring “Leicester Leicester Leicester” under your breath every 10-15 minutes. 

Under the current team and its efforts, all I hear is W.T.F being murmured under most people's breath and who can blame them? It's a two-way system and always has been. When the team put in the effort so does the crowd. Not just here but in any club. By all means, sing your heart out but only when they play their hearts out.

50 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

But Marsch's words have no weight behind them because his methodology hasn't worked in the Prem.

The American directness is BS when you can't back it up with results.

We should have tried breaking the bank to sign another manger who's been in charge of Red Bull and Leipzig - Marco Rose.

Offer him the same contract we had Rogers on and hope money talks. 

Can't see Marsch doing much more than continuing our downward trajectory. Really hope I'm wrong.

Last manager we signed I was underwealmed with was Ranieri so I'm happy to be proven wrong again... 

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is basically a motivator , we need that more than somebody who has swallowed "the idiot's book of tactics" right now. If he can get them fighting and kicking until the end of the season , we might still get out of this. However even if we do , next season is going to be one long battle. He may not be the man for that.

...I would definitely take relegation than to avoid picking up Marsch!!!

His motivational skills did not help, whilst dragging Leeds into the mire. He could be the clone of Rodgers, everything points to it and we are panicking. 

• Like 1

No he isn't.... anyone thinking he is knows little about football FFS 

Rodgers was amazing for 2 years and then it fell apart once the cash dried up and Rodgers started to be found out to be one dimensional 

But this Yank Lampard type Jesse is a nightmare and shows Rudkin is a cancer that need to be be cut out of the club 

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would definitely take relegation than to avoid picking up Marsch!!!

His motivational skills did not help, whilst dragging Leeds into the mire. He could be the clone of Rodgers, everything points to it and we are panicking. 

Spot on 

SaS played Brendan ball with minor tweaks the last 2 games. The only way forward is a big shift in approach and Jesse will give us that. We won't be jogging around waiting for opportunities anymore. We will be hunting down and pressing hard and being more direct. We are going to leak goals, but we are doing that anyway in this insipid system we play.

Part of me thinks this might actually work for the final 8 games. Might even get a tune out of the team for Man City. However, regardless of what happens this season, next season is the worry. I don't think Jesse is the man for the rebuild.

In a way, i'd love us to be ruthless here and sod the 3 year deal.  If we stay up, sack him and hire Potter. If we go down, sack him and hire someone much more appropriate for a Championship rebuild. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

No, if the club had the finances we would have changed Managers earlier tbh or backed Rodgers Pre - Season.

If we had done it earlier the Pool of out of work Managers would have been deeper now we're in the shallow end without a Rubber Ring 

The pedantry analogy police need a word ….