Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RothleyFox

Is Jesse Marsch better than Rodgers ?

Genuine question, and not a dig. Anybody who was dead against MON when the rumours got me excited... Is this better or worse for you? 

I feel like I'm in mourning and can barely bring myself to read about it. 

My expectations are now somehow even lower than they were from immediately after the match. 

I've always believed aside from the big 6, a club like ours is only one bad appointment away from relegation, but somehow we managed it with a manager who was actually successful (on the face of it) but this is next level. 

I'll support the team, as I always have done but somehow the disconnect has got even stronger. 

Premier league experience is a must, even if you were really shit at it. 

Pep couldn't keep us up now!.... it's all too late.

The players are a defeated, deflated, uninspired bunch of losers now.  The rot set in months and months ago.

No Manager we appoint is going to turn around HMS Leictanic now so whether it's Jesse Marcsh, Rafa, Big Sam, David Copperfield or Jesus Christ himself it won't make a jot of diffence to our immediate fate.

12 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

It's truly baffling that despite relegation being a near certainty, there are fans who hold the unrealistic belief that we'll be able to cherry-pick from a pool of highly qualified managers. The harsh reality is that our club is sailing towards a financial iceberg, we are not going to get top-tier managers given our current predicament.

It's time for a reality check.

These will be the same people who bemoan the 'Little Leicester mindset'.

They're completely delusional about who we are and what financial clout we have. No doubt they were the same ones who think our current state is down to supporters not believing hard enough that we can stay up.

27 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Under the current team and its efforts, all I hear is W.T.F being murmured under most people's breath and who can blame them? It's a two-way system and always has been. When the team put in the effort so does the crowd. Not just here but in any club. By all means, sing your heart out but only when they play their hearts out.

What consolation is this if we go down, it’s kids stuff! “I ain’t chanting Cus muh players dunt love muh club”. It’s bigger than that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

The players are a defeated, deflated, uninspired bunch of losers now.  The rot set in months and months ago.

No Manager we appoint is going to turn around HMS Leictanic now so whether it's Jesse Marcsh, Rafa, Big Sam, David Copperfield or Jesus Christ himself it won't make a jot of diffence to our immediate fate.

This.

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

So you’re saying there’s a chance?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

This seems very likely to be the case.  Marsch is no fool, and surely knows this.  He likely wouldn't take the job if he didn't have some sort of commitment from the board regarding their financial support for trying to get back to the PL next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I don't buy that, they just need a positive result, we just need play with the team we finished the game with yesterday (with souttar) and concentrate on scoring goals rather than not conceding 

• Like 1

Fair play to him if he keeps us up. (That's if he joins.)

But I mean if we get relegated then it sums up what a disaster we are behind the scenes. 

Leaving it till the last minute to make a change when the likes of Leeds get out the blocks quicker and make a change. And then we appoint the ex Leeds manager. 

You couldn't make it up. 

14 hours ago, RothleyFox said:

If the rumour is believed ,  it is expected that Jesse Marsche will soon be named as the next LCFC manager

Please someone explain how he is a better manager than Rodgers !

At least he doesn’t do sideways football. But he has issues with defence too so not sure how that will work with us. 

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don't buy that, they just need a positive result, we just need play with the team we finished the game with yesterday (with souttar) and concentrate on scoring goals rather than not conceding 

Where's that positive result coming from do you think?..

If we weren't able to get a 'positive' result at home against bloody Bournemouth then what game in the last 8 will it be from?

Do you honestly think (whoever the new Manager will be) he will be able to motivate this lot to win 3 or 4 games from the next 8?

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m tired reading a lot of sh1te in this thread 

rodgers is a top class coach with a lifespan of two to three years 

Marsch hasn’t proved himself in a top league apart from to help Leeds avoid the drop last season 

I don’t care who he is, where he is from or what after shave he wears - based on what i saw yesterday, if he can keep us up then he’s the fooking messiah.  I’m assuming that we don’t have any better options or we’d be taking them. 

so when he’s appointed, we all need to get behind him and the team - there is no point in saying ‘rather we go down if it means not having him’ - what kind of sense does that make ?  If we somehow stay up and he’s a dog next season then we’ll get rid much earlier and be in a better place to get a better coach in.  Rodgers was kept on way too long for financial and emotional reasons - that won’t be the case with JM. Shakey lasted a couple months - we won’t persist with Marsch is he does prove to be as crap as most of you think next season. 

Great post and sensible attitude. This is exactly my feelings.. Give the bloke a chance, people far too quick to write him off as a clueless no-hoper before he has even been confirmed as new Manager. Some will be hoping he falls

flat on his face so they can then lord it over the others with I told you so. 

sometimes a manager may have had failure elsewhere but his methods and philosophy strike a chord with a different group of players and profile of player, that is what I am hoping for. 

Newcastle got a fair amount of derision for appointing Eddie Howe and he has been a revelation. Who knows Marsch could find a style that allows this team to click and flourish. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, josh_baskin said:

I’m past caring completely I just want the team to play like a team normally does in a relegation scrap like Everton have been since Dyche came in, trying to win regardless of if it looks ugly.

That was pretty much Leeds last season after Marsch inherited a destroyed squad from Bielsa - shlthouse draws and 1-0 wins by whatever ugly means necessary.  The problem is as decimated as that team was you didn't see the sort of abject capitulation you see with us right now.  They at least wanted to stay up - I'm not sure how many of our players care.

14 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Honestly if I was in charge and I knew that these shitty options were the Rodgers replacements available then I wouldn't have sacked him.

Benitez for me is the only one who can keep us up out of the potential candidates.

3 and a half years to Marsch is stupid and we will be relegated twice with that thinking.

3.5 year contract for Marsch, is that what it is? Seriously, I give up 

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

If this happens then I won't be backing him and I make no apologies for this either, pathetic it's come to this. 

Not even a little?! 

2 hours ago, shiv said:

People had the same reactions to Puel being appointed. I just hope people give Marsch the time and patience Puel deserved, as all it would take is 2-3 bad results for people to get on his back.

Not even that by the looks of it... 

7 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

That was pretty much Leeds last season after Marsch inherited a destroyed squad from Bielsa - shlthouse draws and 1-0 wins by whatever ugly means necessary.  The problem is as decimated as that team was you didn't see the sort of abject capitulation you see with us right now.  They at least wanted to stay up - I'm not sure how many of our players care.

Leeds. Despite being shit still had some get up and go last season though. We don’t have that. We’ve got a bunch of blokes who aren’t really blokes. We won’t come back up when we drop either. 

19 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

At least he doesn’t do sideways football. But he has issues with defence too so not sure how that will work with us. 

I don't think anyone's fixing the defence in what the 2-3 weeks he has, attack attack attack let's score the 2-3 goals each game we need to try and get enough points 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Where's that positive result coming from do you think?..

If we weren't able to get a 'positive' result at home against bloody Bournemouth then what game in the last 8 will it be from?

Do you honestly think (whoever the new Manager will be) he will be able to motivate this lot to win 3 or 4 games from the next 8?

I think the players selected and formation was all wrong, get that right, and a bit of luck and we'll be fine. We have winnable games after man City, and that will be a free hit we'll be expected to lose. Leeds, Everton, wolves, Fulham, West Ham, all winnable, it's not like we have bad players, they  just aren't being set up right, which is the biggest shocker of all.

• Like 1