Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RothleyFox

Is Jesse Marsch better than Rodgers ?

17 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

He's probably one of very few who will actually be prepared to deal with the idiots above him. 

This is true. There doesn’t seem to be a long line of suitors for LCFC. The owners allowed the situation to get too severe before replacing, now we’re fuched.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dooflip said:

We don’t despise him, yet!

really underwhelming appointment and I’m really disappointed. However we could have done a lot worse. He’s just an annoying American.

At this time, it should have been Rafa or fat Sam on a temp deal.

About sums it up really

This morning I was obviously dead against the Big Jesse. But having witnessed a level of performance that I can only describe as the worst I think I’ve ever seen (all relative of course), and having pondered about it a lot on my 3 hour drive home, I’m prepared to give him a go. How can it get any worse?

Even just for the banter of thinking about players who’ve played in top European leagues having to respond to some US Yankee Doodle dandy soccer coaches. Current performance levels have ground me down to lowering my expectations to the point where I’m not sure I care what happens anymore. At least he might instill some semblance of a plan or an idea, or god forbid a game plan. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Don't support them then?

Doesn’t really work like that does it Trav?

weve been mismanaged from top to bottom. I’ve supported this team from the age of 6 years old, we’ve won the premier league, FA cup and charity shield in the last 6/7 years. The drop and decision making has been horrific. We’ve sacked Rodgers far too late and now we’re about to give Jimminy Billybob who is a premier League and bundesliga failure a 3 year contract.

It’s an absolute shambles. 

Thanks for the advice though pal. Keep on being you 👍🏻

🇺🇸

For weeks or months, people have been saying “literally anybody would be better than Rodgers”.

Now everybody’s turning their nose up at every possible candidate.

Who did people think we were going to appoint? Peak Alex Ferguson?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Have I missed something? Is there anything concrete actually saying that we are signing him?

I went for something to eat and suddenly there’s a couple of manager threads on fire with his name mentioned!

Just now, MPH said:

Have I missed something? Is there anything concrete actually saying that we are signing him?

I went for something to eat and suddenly there’s a couple of manager threads on fire with his name mentioned!

Many outlets are reporting that we're about to appoint him. 

• Thanks 1

He's probably not a better manager but we are genuinely at a stage where Rodgers being removed and someone with a basic level of competence is better. The issue is in the timing and length of contract, I don't think Marsch will be a success here, I think it screams of being a fundamentally thick appointment long term, but that's arguably on the board more than him. 

• Like 3

Marsh's premier league career is 43 points in 37 games with Leeds. Rodgers is 40 points in his last 37 games with us.

When Marsch was sacked on Febuary 6th, Leeds were in 17th with 18 points from 20. And we were 14th with 21 from 21.

When Marsh took over Leeds they were 16th with 23 points from 26, 2 points above the drop with 2 more games played. His 15 points earned in the last 12 games was 1 better than Burnley's 14. They stayed up by bettering Burnley's 2-1 loss to Newcastle on the final day. If both teams had the same result Burnley would have stayed up on goal difference.

Those aren't the results of a manager who can right the ship. I take back what I said about anyone but the caretakers. I'm a bit angry now.