Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RothleyFox

Is Jesse Marsch better than Rodgers ?

This just smacks of desperation of a club that no longer cares, the truth is that Rodgers had no backing from those above him, who either gave him no money or signed shite players. In the end he did the best he could and today performance proved that you have a team of clueless players, lead by clueless manager put in charge by a clueless owner, who thinks Jessie M is the answer, even talking to a Leeds fan friend his response is we deserve a lot better than this. We as fans have been let down by our club and the rot started two sessions again.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I’ve absolutely convinced myself that we’re staying up, whether it’s Jesse or the team or luck or whatever I’m backing him 100%. Our players are good enough to stay up therefore I’m behind them until it’s impossible. UP THE BOYS 

And the Titanic was unsinkable......

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

If he gets 8pts from our last 8 games then technically he’s done better than our elite 22/23 Brendan.

yes but that won’t be enough.

I’ll take him anyway because he can’t be any worse and he must be either desperate or committed to take on this suicide mission. Maybe he’s also accepted taking us 2 years to try and get back from the championship. Not many takers for this mission I expect.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

What do you expect when we're trying to hire a manager while sitting 19th with only a few games left, with 75% of the squad out of contract, being sold, or wanting to leave already.

Suspect Marsch / Hassenhutl were considered due to having a known identity and links to the RB network. It's possible developing youth is a contributing factor as if we do go down we'll be over reliant on some of our development players to plug gaps. Marsch over Hassenhutl because his salary will be a lot lower.

In the same way we've replaced Kasper with a 2nd choice, replaced Fofana with a cheap replacement in Faes, Magurie with a 2nd choice Soyuncu (though he was good for a year,) Evans' impending leave with Souttar from a bottom half Championship club, LB Chilwell with a Belgium RB, Kante with Mendy, Mahrez with Ghezzal.

Is it really any wonder, any shock, any surprise that our director of football and ownership have hired a manager most people would see as a regression on Brendan Rodgers?

We haven't actually seen an immediate improved first team position since 2019 with Youri over Iborra/Silva. The club have spent 4 years trying to sustain us financially while simultaneously financially ruining us while simultaneously having a 5 year net transfer spent lower than 18 Premier League clubs the other 2 being Brentford and Bournemouth, while simultaneously weakening us in every position.

By all accounts this is the best we can expect from a proven incompetent board.

And yet the club still saw their model of sell your best player and replace with inferior players as a good model - it might be work for a couple of years but in reality you run out of luck eventually as all it takes is a couple of crap transfers windows and it all goes up in smoke

30 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

We haven't actually seen an immediate improved first team position since 2019 with Youri over Iborra/Silva. The club have spent 4 years trying to sustain us financially while simultaneously financially ruining us while simultaneously having a 5 year net transfer spent lower than 18 Premier League clubs the other 2 being Brentford and Bournemouth, while simultaneously weakening us in every position.

By all accounts this is the best we can expect from a proven incompetent board.

This is on the money. So far attention has been focussed on Rodgers rightly so but this Board has fallen asleep at the wheel and caused a 50 car pile up. 

Edited by Philkeavo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

This just smacks of desperation of a club that no longer cares, the truth is that Rodgers had no backing from those above him, who either gave him no money or signed shite players. In the end he did the best he could and today performance proved that you have a team of clueless players, lead by clueless manager put in charge by a clueless owner, who thinks Jessie M is the answer, even talking to a Leeds fan friend his response is we deserve a lot better than this. We as fans have been let down by our club and the rot started two sessions again.

Agreed on everything bar Rodgers.

This charlatan played Danny Ward over Iversen.

Bennett, Bertrand,Under,Soumare, Vestergaard all joined under his watch.

Like Taylor he might not have been there for the knockout blow but he is the one most to blame for all of this.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

yes but that won’t be enough.

I’ll take him anyway because he can’t be any worse and he must be either desperate or committed to take on this suicide mission. Maybe he’s also accepted taking us 2 years to try and get back from the championship. Not many takers for this mission I expect.

Maybe he’s just been sacked from his last 2 jobs and he’ll be grateful for the opportunity 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue ROI said:

Agreed on everything bar Rodgers.

This charlatan played Danny Ward over Iversen.

Bennett, Bertrand,Under,Soumare, Vestergaard all joined under his watch.

Like Taylor he might not have been there for the knockout blow but he is the one most to blame for all of this.

My understanding from this forum that signing are down to Rudkin

If we go down Marsch will be fully blamed even though its 85% Rodgers fault. Rodgers signed the donkeys he did and took us to 19th. Daka, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Soumare etc. 

• Like 1

Sorry to say but the above tweets should tell you all you need to know. The last video, if you can watch it without laughing, is the most concerning of all. Time after time we concede the same dreadful goals. Yes some of it is individual errors but he sets them up to fail repeatedly. 

Is there any way you can organise a protest and change the owners’ mind? 

We can not compare the two managers in skill and quality.

what we can say with certainty is that we needed to change manager. We need a different approach, some fresh ideas and a reset. 

it’s like sometimes you just need a new job. The rot sets in and you need to make a change.  Simple as that, really!

10 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

And yet the club still saw their model of sell your best player and replace with inferior players as a good model - it might be work for a couple of years but in reality you run out of luck eventually as all it takes is a couple of crap transfers windows and it all goes up in smoke

It was a natural model that I think they fell into. I genuinely think they're incompetent and they accidentally found themselves in that buy-to-sell model. They accidentally signed the right manager when we won the league - they weren't going round boasting about our title chances post-Pearson were they. Rudkin in particular is stealing a living and should have been replaced years ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

And the Titanic was unsinkable......

We’re the mugs that will go down with the ship. Maddison and Tielemans will jump the queue and barge all the women and children out of the way to escape the sinking ship. Meanwhile we’re all stuck on the poop deck with the Big Jesse.