Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RothleyFox

Is Jesse Marsch better than Rodgers ?

Rodgers isn’t as good as the media make him out to be. Time will tell with Marsch. 
Imo take Maddison and Barnes (when he’s firing) out of our starting lineup and the rest of the side are championship level. 
One thing is for sure Rodgers has left us in a bigger mess than when he took over. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Doesn’t really work like that does it Trav?

weve been mismanaged from top to bottom. I’ve supported this team from the age of 6 years old, we’ve won the premier league, FA cup and charity shield in the last 6/7 years. The drop and decision making has been horrific. We’ve sacked Rodgers far too late and now we’re about to give Jimminy Billybob who is a premier League and bundesliga failure a 3 year contract.

It’s an absolute shambles. 

Thanks for the advice though pal. Keep on being you 👍🏻

🇺🇸

Sure it does.

Supporter.

You support your club through thick and thin; always love and never hate. Bad with the good. You may not agree with what they do, but you have to always, always, make the best of it. What choice is there? It's non-negotiable. The moment you are against the club, you are no longer a supporter, by very definition.

Now, if you'd said, "the idea of Jesse Marsch being our manager" or "the thought of getting relegated" makes me want to vomit, then fair enough.

But you said "this club", by which you mean Leicester City Football Club.

The club that won the Premier League in 2016 and the FA Cup in 2021. 

The club that scraped a 1-0 victory against Oxford by a Tony James header.

The club that have been so unlucky that they've had players sent off in European competition for taking a free-kick too quickly.

The club that won the League Cup twice in three seasons.

The club that played league games against Colchester United and Hereford United.

Ups and downs - chairmen, directors, managers, players come and go.

But your football club is permanent.

Unless you're the kind of person who is actually sickened by your club. At which point you are no longer a supporter.

:wave:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mydogzonfire said:

Apparently he’s good at interview.

And may not insist on playing Brendanball.

And is prepared to manage in the Championship.

Never mind this bollox about Marsch - go and put your dog out!!! 😳

Edited by TrentFox
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Just visiting said:

Sorry to say but the above tweets should tell you all you need to know. The last video, if you can watch it without laughing, is the most concerning of all. Time after time we concede the same dreadful goals. Yes some of it is individual errors but he sets them up to fail repeatedly. 

Is there any way you can organise a protest and change the owners’ mind? 

To be fair the compilation of goals you've conceded makes Ward look like prime Buffon and Faes/Souttar look like Morgan/Huth. I think your defence is worse than ours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RothleyFox said:

If the rumour is believed ,  it is expected that Jesse Marsche will soon be named as the next LCFC manager

Please someone explain how he is a better manager than Rodgers !

Time will tell but I’m pretty sure Rodgers has ****ed us much more than Marsh ever can. Rodgers may be a good coach but a ‘manager’, his reign has produced the worst signings since Peter Taylor no-one can deny this. 

• Like 2

It's obvious that the club doesn't want to change the style of football that Puel and Rodgers have started and players have been purchased by the club with that intention. Weather the club has the finances available to play this type of football at this level for a sustained period of time is the question. Squads and managers have to be replenished and rebuilt continuously. 

That said I think Jesse Marsch has the potential to be a very good manager in the PL. I would hope that if the club signed him it would be with an eye to possibly rebuilding in the championship and getting promoted. Marsch has never had a club promoted in the championship. Rodgers has in Swansea. Either way this club needs a serious rebuild and the club doesn't sound like their in the mood to throw away a whole system which has took years and many millions to build. There are many reasons why this club is where it's at. Riding on the edge of a cliff ain't for sissies.

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

He's Brendan-lite. Prepare yourselves.

Will be sacked when we're 16th in the Championship after 10 games anyway.

And then he will be replaced by another Brendan-Lite manager. Our owners are obsessed with possession based football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, so1 said:

It's obvious that the club doesn't want to change the style of football that Puel and Rodgers have started and players have been purchased by the club with that intention. Weather the club has the finances available to play this type of football at this level for a sustained period of time is the question. Squads and managers have to be replenished and rebuilt continuously. 

That said I think Jesse Marsch has the potential to be a very good manager in the PL. I would hope that if the club signed him it would be with an eye to possibly rebuilding in the championship and getting promoted. Marsch has never had a club promoted in the championship. Rodgers has in Swansea. Either way this club needs a serious rebuild and the club doesn't sound like their in the mood to throw away a whole system which has took years and many millions to build. There are many reasons why this club is where it's at. Riding on the edge of a cliff ain't for sissies.

lol

Go on then, fella. I need a laugh. Tell me why you think that. 

We surely must be able to do better than this. When I saw the immediate candidates, I'd instantly ruled him out based on his tenure at Leeds United. 

Hope these reports are wrong otherwise I may as well prepare for life in the Championship more than I already am. This has bad appointment written all over it, and have to seriously question the competency of the club's decisions makers in this field.

1 hour ago, FoxOfMelton said:

He isn't. It's a panic option because there was no plan in place in the event of sacking Rodgers, even though the writing has been on the wall all season. Incompetence from top to bottom.

Hes deffo a panic signing.. the club stood by rodgers believing his tripe! They decided to gave him backing.. then as im led to believe it was rodgers that initiated the jump ship clause once he knew writing was on the wall for the drop, brendan jumped ship to protect brand brendan. Leaving us in the state we are now, with no manager and up shit creek without a paddle, we stuck by him, he f@@@ed us...

Dont get me wrong he needed to go 18 months ago, but the clubs plan was to stick with him till the end of season, the fact we did not have someone on the back burner once he left shows more naivety and poor leadership!

Edited by Headcase

I think he would have learnt a lot from his Leeds tenure. And that will put him in good stead. He’s obviously a decent manager bcos he wouldn’t be where he is if he wasn’t. Just felt at leeds he needed it all to click and it didn’t. So it might just here 

• Like 1

Just now, alanf0x said:

Will be announced tomorrow. Let’s give him our backing. Can’t be any worse than the last 18 months under Rodgers or the last 2 games under S&S. Will be on less than Rodgers assistants were, so puts it into perspective

No. That's not the barometer to go by.

This is a very, very poor appointment at a crucial time. The fan response should be alarm and concern. Not placid acceptance.

This sends the club down and into a long period of shit.