Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RothleyFox

Is Jesse Marsch better than Rodgers ?

3 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

I think he would have learnt a lot from his Leeds tenure. And that will put him in good stead. He’s obviously a decent manager bcos he wouldn’t be where he is if he wasn’t. Just felt at leeds he needed it all to click and it didn’t. So it might just here 

Oh good. I'll click. Let's get the groundsmen to click. And perhaps do some clicking in the  carpark.

Managing a football club isn't operating by idiom. It's a huge undertaking and the one we've currently got on at Leicester impacts the future of the club in a significant way.

But yeah, let's take a manager who's failed at this level and hope it 'might just' work here.

This is a first-rate mess.

Edited by foxile5

4 minutes ago, so1 said:

It's obvious that the club doesn't want to change the style of football that Puel and Rodgers have started. 

The club doesn't sound like their in the mood to throw away a whole system which has took years and many millions to build. 

Jesse Marsch's style is not like Puel or Rodgers though, they absolutely are prepared to throw it away if they're signing Marsch.

Both Rodgers and Puel are patient build up possession heavy 'attacking' managers. Marsch is more direct, caring less about possession, cares far more about being out of possession than in possession, and isn't patient. He also prefers a narrow formation, the Ralf 4222, and narrow 4231 as the base.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Oh good. I'll click. Let's get the groundsmen to click. And perhaps do some clicking in the  carpark.

Managing a football club isn't operating by idiom. It's a huge undertaking and the one we've currently got on at Leicester impacts the future of the club in a significant way.

But yeah, let's take a manager who's failed at this level and hope it 'might just' work here.

This is a first-rate mess.

Is that not the risk you take with any appointment? 
Apart from a very select few, most managers have failed somewhere in their career while succeeding elsewhere.

Depends as well what you determine by failure, keeping Leeds up last season was a success in my book.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

I think he would have learnt a lot from his Leeds tenure. And that will put him in good stead. He’s obviously a decent manager bcos he wouldn’t be where he is if he wasn’t. Just felt at leeds he needed it all to click and it didn’t. So it might just here 

We need it to click! In a much shorter time frame, this guy holds no weight, and wont turn this bunch around in time, hes a ted lasso literally, and does not have it in him for this type of pressure or fight, will be a nice pay day though for him, i find it hard to believe they think he is the answer! Just shows what ****** we have up top on board level

Just now, Headcase said:

We need it to click! In a much shorter time frame, this guy holds no weight, and wont turn this bunch around in time, hes a ted lasso literally, and does not have it in him for this type of pressure or fight, will be a nice pay day though for him, i find it hard to believe they think he is the answer! Just shows what ****** we have up top on board level

Well he did last season m8

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

He's Brendan-lite. Prepare yourselves.

Will be sacked when we're 16th in the Championship after 10 games anyway.

This is genuinely what I think will happen. I'm about 95% sure it'll be a disaster. Good luck to him but **** me we'll need it.

• Like 2

Only positive I can take is that vs Benitez and Allardyce, he's young and hungry and will want to prove himself after failing at Leeds. Didnt particularly like his personality at Leeds but that won't be anything new as I didn't particularly like Rodgers or Puel either. I don't need to like the manager so long as they are successful. In all honesty, I dislike most football managers, they all talk utter bull shit and use the same guide book when it comes to excuses and deflection tactics.

Just want to add that yes I'm aware there are more managers our there than just Rafa, Sam and Jesse but realistically, no decent manager will want to come here when the clubs on fire. 

2 minutes ago, cheadle white said:

Leeds fan here. 

Absolutely insane appointment for you guys, his football was horrendous and never got any kind of run going, his tactics just don't work. Awful stuff.

Whoever thought he might be an improvement on Rodgers is nuts.

Thanks. I think most fans can see this. But again up top decision making is baffling 

23 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

While your waiting tell us why he is the worst manager ever in the premier league?

*You're

Ok, I'll admit - Marsch might not be the worst manager EVER. My comment was fuelled by anger, frustration and a few beers (which you could probably tell anyway). 

But our friend here genuinely seems to think that JM has the potential to be a "very good manager in the Premier League". And he doesn't seem to be angry or pissed, like I am? So I'd be fascinated what his reasons to say such a thing. Especially when you consider that Marsch was Leeds manager for 37 games – of which he won 11. And also failed at the other decent job he had (Leipzig). 

If @so1 will come out and say "sorry lads, just drank a pint of glue", then fair enough. No worries. But if he (or anyone else) thinks that Marsch has the potential to be "a very good manager in the Premier League", I genuinely want to know what that opinion is based on. Because I'm having a really, really hard time to understand what that could be.  

6 minutes ago, cheadle white said:

Leeds fan here. 

Absolutely insane appointment for you guys, his football was horrendous and never got any kind of run going, his tactics just don't work. Awful stuff.

On paper Rodgers is better 10000% but we got a shit, depressed and unmotivated Brendan for the last 18 months. I have no doubt that Marsch is shit and this will be a disaster but don’t overlook just how much of a mess Brendan has got us in.

18 minutes ago, cheadle white said:

Leeds fan here. 

Rodgers has destroyed our club to be fair, literally from Top to bottom.

The fact he's worse doesn't prove that we should have kept Rodgers. The club should have shitcanned him over a year ago but they've left it until the last possible moment with no succession plan, because they didn't want to be seen not taking action as we sleepwalk to relegation. Now it's almost hilarious watching us press the self destruct button by hiring Marsch.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

It's truly baffling that despite relegation being a near certainty, there are fans who hold the unrealistic belief that we'll be able to cherry-pick from a pool of highly qualified managers. The harsh reality is that our club is sailing towards a financial iceberg, we are not going to get top-tier managers given our current predicament.

It's time for a reality check.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Our club is one of the worst in terms of wages to turnover ratio. That means we will see a fire sale in the summer, and will loan out players like Ricardo who teams won't want to outright buy because of their injury records. With the financial uncertainty not too many managers are going to be keen on the job.

I suppose anything that moved wrote Ranieri off though as soon as he got his feet through the door here after the Great Escape and then sacking Pearson shenanigans! We will just have to wait and see re Marsch I guess, as it's obviously all theoretical at present, whether he performs a miracle to keep us up or not in the short term! 

Edited by Guy