Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RothleyFox

Is Jesse Marsch better than Rodgers ?

Any championship manager would offer us more than Marche.

What are the board doing to our great Club.

I cannot believe Top would sanction this appointment and whoever suggested it should be fired.

We're virtually down. Just stick with Sadler until the season is over. Then appoint someone then 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Any championship manager would offer us more than Marche.

What are the board doing to our great Club.

I cannot believe Top would sanction this appointment and whoever suggested it should be fired.

We're virtually down. Just stick with Sadler until the season is over. Then appoint someone then 

This is very much what I’m thinking. It’s a panic buy in terms of a manager. No way is Marsch the target if we have time to consider and not in a desperate situation.

We’ve balls it up by leaving it too late. We are compounding the first mistake by rushing an appointment. It’s amateurish but pretty much standard for this regime. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

It's truly baffling that despite relegation being a near certainty, there are fans who hold the unrealistic belief that we'll be able to cherry-pick from a pool of highly qualified managers. The harsh reality is that our club is sailing towards a financial iceberg, we are not going to get top-tier managers given our current predicament.

It's time for a reality check.

Being able to cherry-pick from a pool of highly-qualified managers is one thing. Hiring somebody like Jesse Marsch is an entirely other. 

I'd also like to know about this "financial iceberg" we're sailing towards. 

A lot of people saying a lot of things here, without actually explaining what they mean or backing what they say with evidence. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is very much what I’m thinking. It’s a panic buy in terms of a manager. No way is Marsch the target if we have time to consider and not in a desperate situation.

We’ve balls it up by leaving it too late. We are compounding the first mistake by rushing an appointment. It’s amateurish but pretty much standard for this regime. 

I totally agree, we've left it way too late to make the decision in sacking Rogers.

It's going to be a big clear out in the summer for either league.

So just wait until then and make a rational appointment.

Jesse Marsch is coming in regardless. I know there are many including myself who would rather he didn't. But what's the point of speculating on if he will be better or not. Let's give an informed comparison when he's taken charge of some games. Who knows? We're not strangers to a surprise or two at this club

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Jesse Marsch is coming in regardless. I know there are many including myself who would rather he didn't. But what's the point of speculating on if he will be better or not. Let's give an informed comparison when he's taken charge of some games. Who knows? We're not strangers to a surprise or two at this club

No, We should be making our feelings known to the Club.

This is unacceptable to most fans .

He’s being brought in with the hope he will keep us up somehow. The prospect of managing us in the championship probably comes with a clause.

let’s see what he can do in our remaining games and judge him on that. Lord knows we have nothing else to grasp onto he’s our only hope now. Sooner we get rid of the 2 plonkers in charge the better. Also rudkin needs to go at the end of the season and Susan. Terrible decision making and leadership throughout this ordeal

17 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Well, look what happened the last time we were underwhelmed with a appointment. We just need Lineker  to say ' Marsch! Really?

Wasn't that Lineker's Twitter reaction to Puel's appointment?!

I think it's a challenge for the board to try to appoint a manager who will stick if we go down and be part of the rebuilding job.

There's no point hiring a bigger name like Benitez, who wouldn't be seen dead in the Championship.

If the bloke's in it for the long haul, then at least that's something. I think he may instill some passion, which is sadly missing at the moment. Despite what looks on paper as a poor record, I thought he was a bit unlucky to be sacked at Leeds.

I'm puzzled as to which big name the fan base think will come in for a side that's clearly going down.

3 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

I think it's a challenge for the board to try to appoint a manager who will stick if we go down and be part of the rebuilding job.

There's no point hiring a bigger name like Benitez, who wouldn't be seen dead in the Championship.

If the bloke's in it for the long haul, then at least that's something. I think he may instill some passion, which is sadly missing at the moment. Despite what looks on paper as a poor record, I thought he was a bit unlucky to be sacked at Leeds.

I'm puzzled as to which big name the fan base think will come in for a side that's clearly going down.

Why does it have to be a big name.

Go for one of the next group of up and coming Managers who are building a reputation at the moment.

Most would definitely jump at the chance.

Trust me. Any Manager good enough will back himself to succeed, even if it's in the Championship for a season.

We are not down yet. In fact the stats say we still have almost a 50% chance of staying up. We have however just wasted the 2 most important matches of the season with no proper structure in place. Not getting rid of Rodgers in the international break and having no plan of who to replace him with is just criminal. Ironically now with an almost certain loss at Man City to come we now have a few days to think about it......

10 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Erm, Newcastle ring any bells? 

Why do we have to appoint a Manager to stick with us if we go down? 

I would much prefer we have an interim Manager for 8 games, and then we look at our options in the summer, once we know what league we are in and who is available. 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 3