Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RothleyFox

Is Jesse Marsch better than Rodgers ?

As a couple have said the revisionism about Rodgers is scary.

He was good (very at times) for 2 years but absolutely honking for the last 2 years of his time here.

Some could say that he mirrored Cags in that way yet people don’t speak highly about him (Cags) on here?

Rodgers had to go, simple.

Would I have chosen Marsch probably not but then again, I wouldn’t have kept Rodgers after the Forest FA cup game (potentially earlier) so what do I know right?

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

He has a decent CV, got Daka scoring a shed load of goals, might just rebuild us to be a modern pressing team.  If he keeps us up he’ll be a hero, if not he can build a team in his own image in the championship. 

He doesn't have a decent CV at all. Had he not happened to be mates with Bob Bradley and some Red Bull execs, he wouldn't even be a manager. 

Never played at a proper level. Then spent coaching a few seasons in the non-entity that is MLS. Got a job in Europe through being pally with the Red Bull hierarchy and did what was expected for their Austrian league franchise. 

First big job - German Bundesliga (secured through Red Bull), failed

Second big job - Prem, failed

• Like 3

6 hours ago, studentofthegame said:

He has nowhere close to the resume that Rodgers has and this is coming from someone that actually hates Rodgers

He is like Brendan Rodgers from Wish, or a shitty american sitcom remake of Brendan Rodgers

He has had 3 jobs, 2 of which he failed at and the only one he had success with was when he was managing the one team in a one team league, I don't think it takes a great deal of skill to win titles 7 and 8 in a run of 10 straight, also with the talent he had available to him at Salzburg it would have been a monumental failure if he hadn't won the title

He had 1.03 ppg in his time at Leeds, Rodgers has 1.13 ppg for us over the past 2 seasons and I think we can all agree it hasn't been a good 2 seasons

Leeds scored 1.21 per game and conceded 1.66 per game
Last 2 seasons we scored 1.5 per game and conceded 1.63 per game

His time at Leipzig was arguably worse, they finished 2nd the season before he took over from Nagelsmann, he had them 11th when he was sacked after 14 games, they went on to finish 4th. They won 5 games out of 14, those were against the teams that finished 18th, 16th, 15th and 13th, then he had 1 good win against Dortmund. 

His entire reputation is based on him winning the Austrian league with Salzburg, he is one of seven managers to do that since they last failed to win the league 

It is a dreadful hire and screams desperation and lack of any competence in the running of this club, we are deep in a downward spiral and all this will do is accelerate it

I wouldn't read too much into the stats comparison.  I would say that Brendan had better players at his disposal and there's every chance that Marsch could do a better job than he did at Leeds given the better tools he would have to work with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I wouldn't read too much into the stats comparison.  I would say that Brendan had better players at his disposal and there's every chance that Marsch could do a better job than he did at Leeds given the better tools he would have to work with.

He'll certainly get to work with some absolute 'tools' here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Why, They didn't even play Soccer 25 years ago in America.

Why does anyone think he has the knowledge, never mind the experience to run a big Club like us. And we are a big Club outside of the top 6.

Well, USA competed in the men’s FIFA World Cup semi-final in 1930 … and beat England in the group stages in 1950. 🤷 When I was coaching ’soccer’ in the States in the 90’s, I’d stick my neck out and say it was the most participated in youth sport that I saw out there.  
But it doesn’t change the fact that this is an abysmal appointment that has the potential to derail us for much longer than the inevitable relegation that is now coming. 😞

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Koke said:

If we go down Marsch will be fully blamed even though its 85% Rodgers fault. Rodgers signed the donkeys he did and took us to 19th. Daka, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Soumare etc. 

Whoever comes in is not to blame. Think that all Brendan's tactics (possession based build from the back ) and rebuild talk since the Forest cup game has got into the players heads and they doubt themselves. Coupled with how many players are out of contract or speculated to leave, has just knocked the stuffing out of the club.

yesterday was an absolute disgrace on and off the pitch. The booing and chanting at the players will have done nothing to help. If the new man can comes in and generates any self belief and pride into the players. they have the skill set to win 4 games. its laughable that the people shouting loudest to back the lads and 

generate an atmosphere were the loudest giving it to the lads at full time yesterday. 

it was obvious from madders at full time knew he had given the game away and was saying sorry.

He is one of the very small number of managers we could have got that is worse than Rodgers. The last thing these players need is this fraud and his americanisms when they need to be fighting for their lives. 

The worst decision the board could have made at the absolute worst time. 

Its the final nail in the coffin, all hope is gone. We are toast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, waylander said:

Definitely need a motivator bring Roy Keane in . Passionate and due a new challenge. 

Big fan of Keane but this generation of snowflake footballers would be crushed by his harsh truths!

• Haha 1

Simple answer Yes!

Rodgers needed to leave a long time ago, staying as long as he has is what has caused this club to spiral into turmoil. The players have no confidence, our squad is completely unbalanced.

Marsch will bring a high press game, not sure how our team will currently react to that, but they need some energy kicked into them from somewhere, I can't say he would be the obvious choice, I'm not convinced he will even be a good manager for us, but still better than keeping Rodgers in charge and the fans need to get behind whoever the new man is

We don't know who has said no, the position we are in limits are choices so we either just accept relegation with what we have or throw someone in and hope he has success short term. Or perhaps should have kept Rodgers. 

Wouldn't be totally surprised if we sacked him in the summer lol