Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Season Ticket Renewals

11 hours ago, lcfcfem said:

Gobsmacked at a lot of comments in this thread.  So many bailing if the worst happens.  I get it if its financial reasons, but I cannot understand how you can follow a club just for glory.  I follow this club because its my heart, my soul and my life.  If you can't be in it throughout the bad times then you don't deserve to be there for the good times surely! Take the pain.  Enjoy the gain.  

Our fans need to be loyal, but to put it bluntly we can’t be robots. The club has been awful since Covid and your attitude stinks of complicatedness.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lcfcfem said:

Gobsmacked at a lot of comments in this thread.  So many bailing if the worst happens.  I get it if its financial reasons, but I cannot understand how you can follow a club just for glory.  I follow this club because its my heart, my soul and my life.  If you can't be in it throughout the bad times then you don't deserve to be there for the good times surely! Take the pain.  Enjoy the gain.  

We probably gained a lot of the local Man Utd fans from the 90s during our good times and their decline. They will probably be going back to support them again now lol 

Edited by Fox1980

1 hour ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

Myself and 5 friends have had season tickets together since we moved to the new stadium. We all have kids ranging from 11-15 years old. When one of us can't go, which is the majority of games to be honest, we always just offer the ticket around and one of us 'treats' one of our kids. The change to e-tickets next season makes this almost impossible. We were debating whether to renew or not even when we were convinced we would stay up for this reason alone.

Easier to transfer a mobile ticket over than a paper ticket 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

We probably gained a lot of the local Man Utd fans from the 90s during our good times and their decline. They will probably be going back to support them again now lol 

I worked with a Man utd fan at the time we won the league, he went and bought him and his kids Leicester shirts and ended up being interviewed on the tv as a massive Leicester fan, the willy puller lol

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

have they confirmed that it will be fully e-tickets next year?

No they haven't and it won't be. However chances are there's a additional charge of about 15 quid for a physical card and it may come with a photo ID.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The stands do need fresh blood thats for sure though.

Only minor positive for me in going down is that it’ll hopefully increase the churn in our support and get some new blood in.

Club need to ditch the e ticket shite though

• Like 1

Why would you not renew? Has everyone forgotten what they’ll end up getting dragged into to do if they don’t at least have an excuse to go and watch the footy every weekend or every other weekend? You’ll end up tagging along to endless shopping trips, trips to the tip, National trust houses, boring diy, garden centres, kids parties. All those things that having an already paid ticket to the footy excuses you from will be gone. Do the right thing, the only sensible thing, renew. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

Myself and 5 friends have had season tickets together since we moved to the new stadium. We all have kids ranging from 11-15 years old. When one of us can't go, which is the majority of games to be honest, we always just offer the ticket around and one of us 'treats' one of our kids. The change to e-tickets next season makes this almost impossible. We were debating whether to renew or not even when we were convinced we would stay up for this reason alone.

No it doesn’t, it makes it a lot easier. Driving around to arrange a time to collect each others piece of plastic to enter a stadium and then return it is a 19th century practice which is rightly being replaced with digital 

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I worked with a Man utd fan at the time we won the league, he went and bought him and his kids Leicester shirts and ended up being interviewed on the tv as a massive Leicester fan, the willy puller lol

We had a couple on here go support Man City when we were proper doggo. 

One has even had the temerity to berate our collective attitude of late. I’ve been very kind and not thrown his past in his face. He’ll probably go join an Arsenal forum next season anyway. 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

No it doesn’t, it makes it a lot easier. Driving around to arrange a time to collect each others piece of plastic to enter a stadium and then return it is a 19th century practice which is rightly being replaced with digital 

We normally know in advance which games we can't make so just hand over the ticket at the previous match. What am I missing here? My understanding is that the digital ticket is inextricably linked to your mobile phone. How do you easily pass that on to someone else?

7 hours ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

We normally know in advance which games we can't make so just hand over the ticket at the previous match. What am I missing here? My understanding is that the digital ticket is inextricably linked to your mobile phone. How do you easily pass that on to someone else?

Once you get it, have a play around with it on your phone and you will work it all out quite quickly. But sticking to my original, albeit unpopular, opinion - bits of plastic that you can lose or have to physically transfer to people to enter a stadium is an outdated practice that needs binned 

27 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Once you get it, have a play around with it on your phone and you will work it all out quite quickly. But sticking to my original, albeit unpopular, opinion - bits of plastic that you can lose or have to physically transfer to people to enter a stadium is an outdated practice that needs binned 

@ThorpeAstleyFox

The reason you can currently "easily transfer" Mobile Tickets, is because the Club aren't (yet) implementing the security feature properly!

At the moment, you can still basically just get hold of the QR code and scan it from any device.   But I suspect, that's a loophole that will be closed fairly shortly if they continue with their "Big Brother" obsession with security.

Quite simply, there's a 2 factor side to proper Mobile Ticketing security.   All that has to happen, is that they disable the QR code only scan feature, and ensure that the NFC process checks both Digital Ticket AND the Mobile phone device number.   That way the Digital Ticket is only valid on that specific phone, and stops you transferring it to any other phone.   

In this scenario, to transfer a Digital Ticket you would have to get the club to transfer it to a new phone (and disable the original from your phone).   To be honest, I was surprised they didn't enforce this from day one.

So the bottom line is this ... if the Club decide to enforce secure Mobile Ticketing properly, then your transferable piece of plastic will be the only easy way of lending your ST to a family member or friend.

I really don’t think I will renew next season, regardless of our status. I’ve simply lost interest in the club over the last season or 2. The results haven’t helped but it’s ultimately down to how the fans have been treated by the board. We mean absolutely nothing to them. 

• Like 1