Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Season Ticket Renewals

I'm struggling to bother. got season tickets for the men and women, the women's team is like 10% of the price and they actually play with some fight and commitment, you can see they want to stay up and aren't just thinking about their next move and big paycheck. the temptation to ditch the men and just support the women is huge

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I've never felt so inclined in the last 18 years to not renew my season ticket. I can't remember the last time watching Leicester was actually enjoyable and worth the expense. 

In a very similar boat, missed a few through my previous work schedule and whereas before I'd make sure plans missed games so I could attend, now if I miss a game it doesn't fuss me. 

Pretty much go so I can see my dad and brother currently

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So many will regret giving up their season tickets and will then whine about how unfair it is that those who kept them have gained another 50 priority points.

Depends on the success doesn't it?

When we drop and things don't change or improve many will continue to disappear. 

The club have gambled and properly lost 

• Like 1

As much as I’d love to boycott, I don’t think I have it in me.

The one slight positive to going down is that my brother would probably be able to get a season ticket regardless of him having 0 member points, and we would probably be able to move and get 4 together.

Surely the club can’t expect to charge me £600 a ticket for championship football though. Prices will have to drop big time.

Edited by dooflip
  • Like 1

The way the club has been run recently I’ll be surprised if they even remember to send out season ticket renewal letters/emails. 

I can imagine a few people will see this relegation as a good point to stop going after all the fun of the last few years going back to when we got back into the championship in 2009.

I’ll probably renew out of habit and hope for the best! I think season ticket sales will still be relatively high but could drop like a stone the following season if we end up mid table in the championship. 

Not sure what I will do, but for different reasons to most. I go to the games on my own which on the one hand I don’t mind doing, but on the other it’s such a huge proportion of my free time so it’s a bit sad it’s not with anyone else. Friend of mine is keen for me to join her in getting a tigers season ticket instead. It’s tempting - would be much more of a social experience, very rarely will there be evening fixtures (which is a plus when it takes me over 2 hours each way to get there. Would still go to city matches as and when, but probably only one a month. It’s just not quite the same though… Decisions. 

Just now, hackneyfox said:

I’ve been following them for 47 years now and been a season ticket holder for the majority of that. ‘Success’ shouldn’t even come into it.

It current times it will though, when many are struggling to afford to put food on the table or having to tighten budgets what will be the first thing to go? 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

It current times it will though, when many are struggling to afford to put food on the table or having to tighten budgets what will be the first thing to go? 

I put my kids in the workhouse during the Thatcher years, you’re either a supporter or a lightweight looking for an excuse.

• Haha 3

Guest Mee-9

The other day I had a look at Bristol City’s season ticket prices out of interest, and they are astronomical.

You’re talking £800 for most places around the ground, cheapest £600.

I’ve seen us go down to the Championship, I’ve seen us go down to League One. I’ll be here next season if we go down again.

If going down means we lose PL day trippers then so be it but we will also gain more season tickets from fans struggling to get one previously.

With regards to prices I would hope they freeze them at least. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

The other day I had a look at Bristol City’s season ticket prices out of interest, and they are astronomical.

You’re talking £800 for most places around the ground, cheapest £600.

Yeah people are deluded if they think the championship will be cheaper or a better fan experience

Away tickets over £30, loads of mid week games and loads of Friday night tv games

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9
3 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Yeah people are deluded if they think the championship will be cheaper or a better fan experience

Away tickets over £30, loads of mid week games and loads of Friday night tv games

We will get stung for away tickets also, being a bigger club in the championship.