Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Season Ticket Renewals

15 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

The other day I had a look at Bristol City’s season ticket prices out of interest, and they are astronomical.

You’re talking £800 for most places around the ground, cheapest £600.

Not really true. Mine is £465 for instance.

I wonder if the prices you saw are for new season ticket holders? One off tickets are ridiculously high however,  to watch shite most of the time!

image.thumb.png.0fd24d26dc11037d3c72c444b253e791.png

Edited by Brizzle Fox

I'm still banned from being on site 🙃 mental how much time and effort went into preventing me going to games because some nob scammed me, yet there's literally no attempt to fix the infinite number of genuine issues at the club that need immediate action.  

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
3 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Not really true. Mine is £465 for instance.

I wonder if the prices you saw are for new season ticket holders? One off tickets are ridiculously high however,  to watch shite most of the time!

image.thumb.png.0fd24d26dc11037d3c72c444b253e791.png

It must have been! How come there's such a disparity between new season tickets and renewals. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

Anyway back to City, although going down will be a financial disaster for the club, at least the Prem League fanboys and girls who've only cottoned on to the club the last few years, will **** off now.

Tbf will probably make the atmosphere a lot better, home and away.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

It must have been! How come there's such a disparity between new season tickets and renewals. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

Dunno. Doesn't make sense to me but then again you're talking about a football club that has been run appallingly for years, so who knows!

1 minute ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Tbf will probably make the atmosphere a lot better, home and away.

I honestly don’t think it will next season because we’ve got a load of ‘we got these top awaydays next season, all these grounds to visit’ types who follows us. 

Been an STH for 15 years but at the minute I’m more inclined to just stick with the Women’s season ticket, times cheaper and watching a Leicester team that actually wants it, and then just pick and choose the odd cup game or general sale (lol) if the men stay up.

Weirdly feel I’d be more likely to keep my ST for the men if we go down, fans will probably get treated better because the club won’t have much choice and we might end up with a team playing for the name on the badge again.

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I honestly don’t think it will next season because we’ve got a load of ‘we got these top awaydays next season, all these grounds to visit’ types who follows us. 

Maybe was wishful thinking on my part, as was hoping I'd be able to get to more away games again now my boycott has finished with Rodgers gone!

Edited by Brizzle Fox

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'll most likely renew if the club allow more than 3 times to use the ticket resale platform. I can't get to midweek night matches anymore and totally fed up with matches moving at the whim of broadcasters. 

I Don’t want to disappoint you but in the Championship there will be no need for a resale platform when weekly attendances are 22k odd like the last time we were in the second tier.

More midweek games is a guarantee. 

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'll most likely renew if the club allow more than 3 times to use the ticket resale platform. I can't get to midweek night matches anymore and totally fed up with matches moving at the whim of broadcasters. 

Not sure the resale platform will be very successful next season with 8-10k tickets unsold each game anyway.

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

Free Cwafee, hot dog and donut. One of those big foam finger things with Go Jesse on it, cheerleaders and as you say, 4 extra games.  

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

And playoffs

You both forgot one key addition with our situation… no relegation! 

17 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

They aren't going to be turning fans away in a lower division.

I've only ever known Championship/League 1 football. 

I was a season ticket holder for 10 years before moving to Australia and have typically missed our 'golden years'. TBH, I think the most fun I ever had as a Leicester fan was following them home and away in our League 1 season. I'd renewed just because it could be a one-off season where you get you're surrounded by real fans. 

• Like 2

If I don't renew next season do I keep the points that have built up . I might go to a few aways next year but was planning to take a break from the season ticket. I really don't want to pay any more money into this club after the way this season has gone . so much money wasted on dross.

Feel so low I'm listening to John Denver to cheer me up 

( Another double relegation season for me )

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I want to renew because it's too much a ball ache getting a membership and individual tickets but because I work shifts I can't make every Saturday, in the past I've just given my ticket to my 10 year old nephew but obviously now it's on my phone it's meant I've had to resell my ticket to the club and then buy it straight back for my nephew who has a membership but I had to do this on the phone as u18s can't buy individual tickets online after the 3 times I was allowed to just transfer it over (maybe they realised they were paying me more than I was paying them for my nephews ticket) but I'm questioning whether I can be bothered to do this, think they need to come up with something online that allows you to transfer it over to another person's phone, don't see the problem as look as they know who's sitting there 

There is such a range of opinions here.

'The ground will be half full'

'It will be a better atmosphere because the newer fans who just wanted to watch Premier football will f#ck off'

'I have been a season ticket holder since the X days, but we are sh!te now, so not renewing'

'We are so bad to watch, I'm not watching next season, I'm going to watch non league football'

'I would renew, but not if I can only gain access to the ground using a mobile phone'

I don't really understand it. As a Leicester fan, there has been more bad seasons than good. Don't most football fans, in any division end up watching a team who doesn't win the league, or get promoted? 

I'm not judging other fans, if you don't want to go, don't go, and whatever your reason is obviously meaningful to you. But I'm not the one saying 'the atmosphere is terrible because fans don't sing' or criticise fans who like clappers' or criticises older fans on 'coach 1' for existing when all they have done is watched Leicester every season for 50 years. Or moan about not being able to get away tickets because season ticket holders get too many priority points.

So actually, I guess I am judging other fans!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adam said:

If we go down I won't be renewing and if we stay up wirh a manager like marsch I also won't be renewing.

No enjoyment down there anymore. Sat with a load of folk who have little idea what's going on on the pitch. Applauding players off after another defeat. Shit goal music and the amount of games that are getting moved for tv.

Coalville town season ticket next season unless we show some ambition in the appointment.

Very similar to you, I only renewed past two years because of the very good friends that I sit with for past 25+ years, well it’s 30 years since my first game v Tranmere!

But with that being said I have only been to 5 games this year (sold my allocated 3 on the official exchange) and will probably only do the Liverpool game but even that I’m not interested in 

I now live near Brackley Town (just 15 mins away) and I’ve been there 9 times this season. It represents the community and I really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. 850 in the ground on Friday may not have the same noise as LCFC but it’s a good afternoon out and that’s all I ask for.

I keep thinking why I have fallen out of love with LCFC/PL and it’s the lack of community spirit now.  

The 90s style club was more enjoyable when players were still well paid but more closer to us and our life styles.  Julian Joachim lived on the same road as my mates Dad (modern 4 bed style, not a mansion) when he was with us and I went to a wedding that had Steve Walsh turn up as a guest too!

Imagine that now, the players do not relate to us anymore.  

I’m hoping I forget about the ST deadline, as last year my wife said have you renewed yet which prompted me to stupidly by a ticket!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

If I don't renew next season do I keep the points that have built up . I might go to a few aways next year but was planning to take a break from the season ticket. I really don't want to pay any more money into this club after the way this season has gone . so much money wasted on dross.

Feel so low I'm listening to John Denver to cheer me up 

( Another double relegation season for me )

I don't think you do keep you away points.

• Like 1