Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Season Ticket Renewals

Normally I'd be absolutely raging at fair weather fans jumping ship as soon as we're not doing as well, but I feel the problems run much deeper this time and it's almost justified by a lot of people. I'll still be renewing but my interest is nowhere near the level that it once was.

• Like 2

Never had a season ticket until we went up, used to go and get my ticket from the ticket office during the week and for the promotion season had kept the tickets as I usually do just in case, for the Doncaster match I never needed them anyway since the ticket office guy recognised me straight away.

Still remember camping out all night to get one with my mates just so we could continue to watch the team but the club was different back then and valued the fans, the ticket office/store these days is shit to be honest.

Last thing I bought I had to wait to come in, they told me I would be notified, a week after it should have been in and having been down a day previously and told to wait, it apparently had come in and was left to one side, no notification, just a shrug of the shoulders and told, 'well, you should have been notified, are you certain you weren't ?'

I’ll renew. Renewed before after relegation, to the second and third tiers, so not sure why I wouldn’t do it again this time. There’s no quality or fight in the team but I’ve seen worse, even in my short 20 years as a STH. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

If I wasn’t part of UFS there is no way I would pay the prices the club want and even more so I would resent it the way they treat fans.

Will be grim coughing up the cash despite knowing im paying 6 months of cash without being able to step a foot into the ground.

Have they not overturned the ban?

16 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's nothing to do with any of that. 

Football at this level has changed to the point where its not really enjoyable anymore. 

It's nowhere the sport I grew up 

With. 

Nevermind the attitude of the club towards its fans. 

I’m not on twitter or anything else like that. I pay my money, go to the game and go home. 
I haven’t personally been treated different to anytime in the last 25 years. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Couldn’t agree more. It’s become all about money, all about the big six/seven with the other teams just there to make up the numbers and with no hope of becoming sustainably competitive without eye watering amounts of financial investment year after year 

It was no different when we won the league and FA Cup. Teams like Brighton are now having their chance and challenging for top 4 too. 

1 minute ago, Viva said:

It was no different when we won the league and FA Cup. Teams like Brighton are now having their chance and challenging for top 4 too. 

And that is why our win was celebrated world wide. Because it was so against the odds. Great for Brighton at the moment and I enjoy watching them play but there’s virtually no chance they or others outside the financial power houses will establish themselves as a top four side. 

I am now in a quandary.

I had decided that I had enough of the Premier League and Sky sports bias towards the supposed 'big' clubs. Sick to death of the way that FFP is drawn up to help those clubs stay at the top. Fed up of the low quality ref's and var who also seem to come down on the side of those clubs. And so after over 50 years I had decided not to renew my season ticket. However if they are in the championship next year I might feel differently. But then again I'll be hoping that they don't get promoted again and that would be ridiculous.

'Dear Marj' what should I do?

27 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

I am now in a quandary.

I had decided that I had enough of the Premier League and Sky sports bias towards the supposed 'big' clubs. Sick to death of the way that FFP is drawn up to help those clubs stay at the top. Fed up of the low quality ref's and var who also seem to come down on the side of those clubs. And so after over 50 years I had decided not to renew my season ticket. However if they are in the championship next year I might feel differently. But then again I'll be hoping that they don't get promoted again and that would be ridiculous.

'Dear Marj' what should I do?

the apathy towards the PL is cetainly part of it. The constant time wasting and gamesmanship is doing my head in. It is all clubs, including us (if we ever get in a position to be leading in a match)

I will renew whilst the kids are still enjoying it but I could happily jack it in. Of course, I'd feel differently if we were flying and in the top 6 and I get that.

Went to watch Notts County v Wealdstone on friday - was a refreshing experience. Kids for a quid, decent food and drink and reasonable prices. No VAR and all the other PL gimmicks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, browniefox said:

Same, I 100% wasn't if Brendan had continued in his role. I have lost the love and hate of the club, I'm now just very blah about the whole thing. Attended yesterday for the first time since the first game and I wasn't enthralled and decided to leave at half time. 

Think it's time to not have a ticket and see what happens with time. If I happen to refund my passion then I will look for a new one in the future. 

Try Man Utd

Definitely renewing next season. But I don't really blame those that won't be renewing for the right reasons such as the way some have been treated.

I'll be happy to see those that are only interested in Premier league football to do one.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

It's nothing to do with any of that. 

Football at this level has changed to the point where its not really enjoyable anymore. 

It's nowhere the sport I grew up 

With. 

Nevermind the attitude of the club towards its fans. 

Exactly that, it’s not enjoyable 

I remember Liverpool (19/20 season) at home and they did the utterly woeful light show for the first time thinking that I’m getting bored of this nonsense now.  

Lockdown was a welcome break from attending even though I hated lockdown!

Don’t get me wrong I love football, I enjoyed the World Cup, love the art of it all and thoroughly enjoy watching my local non league side.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Couldn’t agree more. It’s become all about money, all about the big six/seven with the other teams just there to make up the numbers and with no hope of becoming sustainably competitive without eye watering amounts of financial investment year after year 

It’s been like that for years, it’s not a new thing.

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I'll most likely renew if the club allow more than 3 times to use the ticket resale platform. I can't get to midweek night matches anymore and totally fed up with matches moving at the whim of broadcasters. 

This is frustrating for me too as I live in Bristol and night matches mean getting back very late and I offer. Can’t leave work early enough to get to them anyway.

I’ll keep my season ticket though regardless, as it took me years to get it back after I have it up when I went to uni. (Had one 1994/5 - 2002/3 then membership from then until 2021 when I had enough points to have a chance to get one again).

I now make a reasonable proportion of the matches and sold 3 back to the club and friends/family made use a few times. 

But night games are a real pain as I’m not home until about 12.30/1am. So my dear does often sit empty for these.