Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Season Ticket Renewals

3 hours ago, Gazza3 said:

If I don't renew next season do I keep the points that have built up . I might go to a few aways next year but was planning to take a break from the season ticket. I really don't want to pay any more money into this club after the way this season has gone . so much money wasted on dross.

Feel so low I'm listening to John Denver to cheer me up 

( Another double relegation season for me )

Of course you don’t keep the points, why would the club offer that option, nobody would buy one the season after relegation if they did.

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Not renewing regardless. 

The treatment of fans down there is beyond terrible and there is only one way to let them know. 

Won't need one to get a ticket anyway. 

Unlikely perhaps but if you’re not a season ticket holder and we get to Wembley then you’ll be screwed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foxy1984 said:

This is frustrating for me too as I live in Bristol and night matches mean getting back very late and I offer. Can’t leave work early enough to get to them anyway.

I’ll keep my season ticket though regardless, as it took me years to get it back after I have it up when I went to uni. (Had one 1994/5 - 2002/3 then membership from then until 2021 when I had enough points to have a chance to get one again).

I now make a reasonable proportion of the matches and sold 3 back to the club and friends/family made use a few times. 

But night games are a real pain as I’m not home until about 12.30/1am. So my dear does often sit empty for these. 

This is my issue as well. I don’t drive so reliant on the train, and if it’s a night match I often miss the last connecting train home. Not only do I get home near midnight, with train and taxi fare it works out around £40 a time. I just don’t know if I could get good enough value from a season ticket if we are having even more evening matches in the championship. If I were to go to less matches by getting individual tickets it would mean I could go to the odd match with my OH/friends as well which would be nice. 

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Of course you don’t keep the points, why would the club offer that option, nobody would buy one the season after relegation if they did.

Unlikely perhaps but if you’re not a season ticket holder and we get to Wembley then you’ll be screwed. 

Not something I'm concerned about funnily enough. 

Guest Mee-9
7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

How can they make amends on this front?

I think there's a few ways the club can become more endearing to fans again, the answer isn't cake and beers. 

1 - Open a bigger dialogue between the club and fans, have different ways of interacting. Be less media and faceless, have fans on podcasts on official channels we can all listen into, and have them free to talk about the issues. We've all enjoyed hearing Ric Flair on the podcast with the other lads, lets have a proper fan led official podcast. Not one with Matt Elliott and Gerry Taggart on, scared to say anything. 

2 - Censorship - We've seen fans banned for offering opinions, and we've seen Ian Marshall fired for offering his opinion which the club believe he should not do as he works in the Hospitality part of the stadium. This is a big issue for me. This is a club which is not a faceless business or entity, it's our football club that out parents and grandparents went to watch. There for decades hasn't been a bigger detachment between the club and the fans.

3 - Accept liability and accept the situation we are in - Each week we get ridiculous emails and messages from the players that are all media trained. We couldn't care less for these. I'd love for someone to come out and address the fans on the state of things.

4 - Stop treating fans poorly - The situation with away tickets is a farce, some of the people who work in the fan liaison are appalling. (We all know who became the main person for this) Treating fans and filming them like they're criminals is despicable. What happened at Forest last year with a bunch of idiots smashing pubs up, and one fool going on the pitch is isolated. Stop tarring us all with the same brush. 

5 - Be fair to fans - The issues regarding ticketing isn't acceptable. We moved to NFC tickets to try and reduce printing, yet the club are happy to print 30,000 high ink clappers. If people want a physical ticket, let them have it. It's not acceptable to push an elderly person to have a smart phone just to see the club they've watched for years. Also the problems regarding reselling tickets, and letting a family member have your seat is not good. It's common sense to just let these things slide. 

6 - Establish a proper fan committee to meet with the club after most games. I mentioned this a few weeks ago, recruit a sizeable cross section of the fanbase to have regular meetings with the club. Don't be scared to what they have to say, take it on board. 

7 - Listen to the fans. Without us the club would be nothing. 

8 - Just use common sense a lot of the time. If someone makes a tweet that's offensive towards a player, issue warnings rather than bans. That's more than enough to stop it, then if it persists then take action with the police and other authorities. 

9 - Fans may have opinions which are daft sometimes, but we've been calling for a change of manager since the start of the season. Listen to us, we can see it. The hierarchy see the club as a business, and are often blinded by this mentality. 

10 - Greater presence in the community. 

There's just a few suggestions that I feel the club could take on board. Sadly we've become a club that is all about money and brand, rather than those hardworking people who graft all week long, scrape to afford their tickets and go and watch the club play on a Saturday as a way of relaxing and enjoying their weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

2 - Censorship - We've seen fans banned for offering opinions, and we've seen Ian Marshall fired for offering his opinion which the club believe he should not do as he works in the Hospitality part of the stadium. This is a big issue for me. This is a club which is not a faceless business or entity, it's our football club that out parents and grandparents went to watch. There for decades hasn't been a bigger detachment between the club and the fans.

Certainly like your points in your response, but what did he say to warrant a ban?

Guest Mee-9
Just now, Wymsey said:

Certainly like your points in your response, but what did he say to warrant a ban?

It's happened allegedly to a few fans over the past few weeks. 

We spoke about it in a different thread, but it's whether the club consider tweets to be vitriolic, but those who saw the tweets for one individual said they were nothing of the sort. 

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

People seem to be missing the point here, it’s a spectator sport, if you’re not being entertained, there’s no point in going. You’re not obligated to go.

I’ve never got the non-league argument for that reason. The atmosphere is poor, the standard of football is very poor, and you have no affinity to the club. It doesn’t interest me any more than watching the Champions League on telly (which is not at all).

I think a lot of fans would be better off giving football a rest and taking up more fulfilling hobbies. Either it makes you happy and feels meaningful, or it doesn’t.

Exactly, a lot of people need to stop the ego stroking and virtue signalling and just stop going. And stop repeating they don’t want to go every few days. Just stop going 

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Why not? We could quite easily make the playoff finals, I don’t think that’s an absurd possibility 

I currently see a lot of pain coming our way if we are relegated. 

Plus my away priority points will still be high enough to get ahead of most other non St holding people. 

I was at Wembley to see us win the FA Cup, I won't have many regrets regarding my following of this club over the last 25 years 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

I think there's a few ways the club can become more endearing to fans again, the answer isn't cake and beers. 

1 - Open a bigger dialogue between the club and fans, have different ways of interacting. Be less media and faceless, have fans on podcasts on official channels we can all listen into, and have them free to talk about the issues. We've all enjoyed hearing Ric Flair on the podcast with the other lads, lets have a proper fan led official podcast. Not one with Matt Elliott and Gerry Taggart on, scared to say anything. 

3 - Accept liability and accept the situation we are in - Each week we get ridiculous emails and messages from the players that are all media trained. We couldn't care less for these. I'd love for someone to come out and address the fans on the state of things.

4 - Stop treating fans poorly - The situation with away tickets is a farce, some of the people who work in the fan liaison are appalling. (We all know who became the main person for this) Treating fans and filming them like they're criminals is despicable. What happened at Forest last year with a bunch of idiots smashing pubs up, and one fool going on the pitch is isolated. Stop tarring us all with the same brush. 

5 - Be fair to fans - The issues regarding ticketing isn't acceptable. We moved to NFC tickets to try and reduce printing, yet the club are happy to print 30,000 high ink clappers. If people want a physical ticket, let them have it. It's not acceptable to push an elderly person to have a smart phone just to see the club they've watched for years. Also the problems regarding reselling tickets, and letting a family member have your seat is not good. It's common sense to just let these things slide. 

6 - Establish a proper fan committee to meet with the club after most games. I mentioned this a few weeks ago, recruit a sizeable cross section of the fanbase to have regular meetings with the club. Don't be scared to what they have to say, take it on board. 

7 - Listen to the fans. Without us the club would be nothing. 

8 - Just use common sense a lot of the time. If someone makes a tweet that's offensive towards a player, issue warnings rather than bans. That's more than enough to stop it, then if it persists then take action with the police and other authorities. 

9 - Fans may have opinions which are daft sometimes, but we've been calling for a change of manager since the start of the season. Listen to us, we can see it. The hierarchy see the club as a business, and are often blinded by this mentality. 

10 - Greater presence in the community. 

There's just a few suggestions that I feel the club could take on board. Sadly we've become a club that is all about money and brand, rather than those hardworking people who graft all week long, scrape to afford their tickets and go and watch the club play on a Saturday as a way of relaxing and enjoying their weekend. 

Absolutely spot on here.

Guest Mee-9
2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Absolutely spot on here.

I feel like it’s so easy to sort out. But the club need to be their own people and not be a corporate brand. 

If I worked for the media team, i’d have a couple of fans each game live streaming their commentary. Similar to fanzone on the old SkyTV, not broadcasting the game but their commentary and reaction. It would be golden. 

The club could be a media powerhouse with fans at the centre if they wanted to.

16 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I feel like it’s so easy to sort out. But the club need to be their own people and not be a corporate brand. 

If I worked for the media team, i’d have a couple of fans each game live streaming their commentary. Similar to fanzone on the old SkyTV, not broadcasting the game but their commentary and reaction. It would be golden. 

The club could be a media powerhouse with fans at the centre if they wanted to.

God no. Stringer is bad enough. Imagine listening to that outspoken idiot who doesn’t understand football that we all surely know one of. ‘Why don’t we get stuck into em and ping it up to Vards!!!!’

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

God no. Stringer is bad enough. Imagine listening to that outspoken idiot who doesn’t understand football that we all surely know one of. ‘Why don’t we get stuck into em and ping it up to Vards!!!!’

You wouldn’t get Keith from Barwell who goes to one game a season as his missus buys him the boxing day ticket.

You’d get people who were passionate and would be fun. Plus you wouldn’t have to listen. Streaming like this is the future of sports broadcasting.

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

So if I give up my ST and become a member I start from scratch and lose all my points from the last 9 years .

10 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

You wouldn’t get Keith from Barwell who goes to one game a season as his missus buys him the boxing day ticket.

You’d get people who were passionate and would be fun. Plus you wouldn’t have to listen. Streaming like this is the future of sports broadcasting.

You are more optimistic than me, people do their jobs for a reason and commentators are no different, there’s a reason not everyone can do it. I will be switching to mute if it is the future!!!

1 hour ago, Gazza3 said:

So if I give up my ST and become a member I start from scratch and lose all my points from the last 9 years .

As far as I’m aware (prepared to be corrected on this) you keep the away points but you won’t be able to use them

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

As far as I’m aware (prepared to be corrected on this) you keep the away points but you won’t be able to use them

Really? 
I’d,

perhaps incorrectly assumed, you wouldn’t be able to just ‘go on hold’ and then decide to rejoin after promotion and start back from where you were.

3 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeh surely not, that’s too easy. If you read the ticket releases it says ‘ on sale to STH with 490 points’ 

you’d  be a member with 490 points if you gave up your STH right? Ie no priority. Then next year if you got the STH back you’d lose the 50 points for renewal and be back in the all STH category