Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Season Ticket Renewals

There are loads of managers out there, how can we appear so desperate, what about OGS, Viera, Scott Parker, Garry Monk, Chris Hughton, Wilder, Nuno, I can’t believe there’s not a manager out there that wouldn’t relish the opportunity to try to keep us up but continue in championship

3 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

As far as I’m aware (prepared to be corrected on this) you keep the away points but you won’t be able to use them

We gave up our son’s ST a few years back as he was no longer able to attend games due to a young family. At that point he bought a membership instead and they gave him 35 points ( he had previously been P1 having been STH and regularly going to away games since 2008)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

you’d  be a member with 490 points if you gave up your STH right? Ie no priority. Then next year if you got the STH back you’d lose the 50 points for renewal and be back in the all STH category 

Yes that is what I meant, you keep the points but can’t use them if you are a member, the original question by @Gazza3 was did he lose all his points and I believe that answer is no 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gonnabeblueforever said:

We gave up our son’s ST a few years back as he was no longer able to attend games due to a young family. At that point he bought a membership instead and they gave him 35 points ( he had previously been P1 having been STH and regularly going to away games since 2008)

The 35 points would have been home priority points, I believe his away points should have still been there but he wouldn’t be able to use them because he was no longer a STH 

Guest Mee-9
1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

I’ll renew. It’s that or shopping with the mrs.

I know the feeling, I’m recently married and have a young child. 

Going to the games is the only bit of peace and quiet and me time that I seem to ever get. 

I’ve come to think after recent games that ‘Well at least I had a nice walk by the canal.’ 

40 years a fan this year and over 30 as a season ticket holder. In that time I’ve watched some great times, good times, mediocre times and utterly crap times. But I’ll still renew and keep going. No other reason other than that I’d miss it. Miss the full range of emotions that come with being a fan. Whether we’re winning Premier League, stuck in the Championship for donkeys years or dropping down to League One. It’s the hope that kills you!!!! 

• Like 2

Myself and 5 friends have had season tickets together since we moved to the new stadium. We all have kids ranging from 11-15 years old. When one of us can't go, which is the majority of games to be honest, we always just offer the ticket around and one of us 'treats' one of our kids. The change to e-tickets next season makes this almost impossible. We were debating whether to renew or not even when we were convinced we would stay up for this reason alone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

Myself and 5 friends have had season tickets together since we moved to the new stadium. We all have kids ranging from 11-15 years old. When one of us can't go, which is the majority of games to be honest, we always just offer the ticket around and one of us 'treats' one of our kids. The change to e-tickets next season makes this almost impossible. We were debating whether to renew or not even when we were convinced we would stay up for this reason alone.

Have you written to the club on this? They need to know how this will impact the support.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Have you written to the club on this? They need to know how this will impact the support.

The club will not care one bit. This is why they are implementing the mobile ticket - to avoid non STH’s going on STH’s tickets, forcing them to buy their own match ticket at full price  or  an extra ST.

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
10 hours ago, lcfcfem said:

Gobsmacked at a lot of comments in this thread.  So many bailing if the worst happens.  I get it if its financial reasons, but I cannot understand how you can follow a club just for glory.  I follow this club because its my heart, my soul and my life.  If you can't be in it throughout the bad times then you don't deserve to be there for the good times surely! Take the pain.  Enjoy the gain.  

Well said D x

14 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

34 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

have they confirmed that it will be fully e-tickets next year?

1 hour ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

I have mine and the kids tickets all on my phone, and let the kids in before I go in. No one has ever asked if I am letting in the correct kid....