Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Season Ticket Renewals

13 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

@ThorpeAstleyFox

The reason you can currently "easily transfer" Mobile Tickets, is because the Club aren't (yet) implementing the security feature properly!

At the moment, you can still basically just get hold of the QR code and scan it from any device.   But I suspect, that's a loophole that will be closed fairly shortly if they continue with their "Big Brother" obsession with security.

Quite simply, there's a 2 factor side to proper Mobile Ticketing security.   All that has to happen, is that they disable the QR code only scan feature, and ensure that the NFC process checks both Digital Ticket AND the Mobile phone device number.   That way the Digital Ticket is only valid on that specific phone, and stops you transferring it to any other phone.   

In this scenario, to transfer a Digital Ticket you would have to get the club to transfer it to a new phone (and disable the original from your phone).   To be honest, I was surprised they didn't enforce this from day one.

So the bottom line is this ... if the Club decide to enforce secure Mobile Ticketing properly, then your transferable piece of plastic will be the only easy way of lending your ST to a family member or friend.

EDIT - DM’d, not for public!

Edited by grobyfox1990

On 09/04/2023 at 15:04, Footballwipe said:

I do like how threads like this bring out people who are desperate to proclaim their undying love for the club.

"I'LL RENEW GOTTA BACK DA BOYS" "THICK N FIN INNIT" "I've been a supporter since Leicester Fosse went bust I can't give up now"

We know the vast, vast majority of people will renew. Most because they want to, some because of habit. Feel like the whole point of this thread is to see what they think in terms of pricing, when they announce, what the take up will be.

Lots won't renew. Financial reasons, non prem reasons are just a couple, but relegation will see it dip. Really is no need to shag the badge in this thread. We know you like the club?

Why is it that some people just can't help but comment on long term dedicated supporters in derogatorily and ageist terms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

security.   All that has to happen, is that they disable the QR code only scan feature, and ensure that the NFC process checks both Digital Ticket AND the Mobile phone device number.   That way the Digital Ticket is only valid on that specific phone, and stops you transferring it to any other phone.   

Can't wait till they charge you for changing phone or number