Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

New kits 23/24

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

I can’t be certain that wasn’t our fan store staff 😂😂

We did manage to spell Claridge wrong on our 1st ever live £ky broadcast away at Hillsborough so I wouldn't put it past them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless i missed it, there was no coverage at all about the Kit scandal from BBC Radio Leicester? Certainly wasn't on the forum last monday. Can't believe they haven't been held to account more than they have.

Foxes Trust said they were disappointed and they didn't even get a response from the club on it. Great work guys. 

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Unless i missed it, there was no coverage at all about the Kit scandal from BBC Radio Leicester? Certainly wasn't on the forum last monday. Can't believe they haven't been held to account more than they have.

Foxes Trust said they were disappointed and they didn't even get a response from the club on it. Great work guys. 

There's an episode of the podcast dedicated to it.

• Haha 2

On 15/07/2023 at 18:34, Ashley said:

Imagine it'll be in the next week. Away kits came in with FBS TRADE ONLINE on them rather than King Power. 

"Once a shirt has been personalised we are unable to offer a refund or exchange."

Also i love how the clubs website shows how they are going to put the name on your shirt lol ....

image.png.ba210a3ce6c231be91d047d804fb700e.png

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

https://www.soccerlord.se/product/leicester-city-home-kids-football-kit-23-24/

kids 38 quid with printing instead of 65 which I think is absolutely disgraceful tk charge that for a 3year olds kit so this is a bit of a saving for people with kids 👍🏻

Has anyone bought from Soccerlord? What is the quality like? Seems to have good reviews 

Edited by FoxesWalk

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Has anyone bought from Soccerlord? What is the quality like? Seems to have good reviews 

I've brought many shirts from there before. Always seem good quality and come with tags on from the manufacturer addidas/Nike. Only problem I had was when I brought the tielemans fa cup special shirt it came with a "4" on the FA cup badge instead of a "1". 

• Thanks 1

On 17/07/2023 at 10:12, ozleicester said:

"Once a shirt has been personalised we are unable to offer a refund or exchange."

Also i love how the clubs website shows how they are going to put the name on your shirt lol ....

That's so you can't complain when they actually do it like that lol

• Like 1

So..

The club has supposedly just been done alongside JD Sports for fixing the prices of the kits whereby the club shop is always cheaper. Is that right? Presumably that was to eliminate competition and keep the price of the shirt higher throughout the whole season (by literally making the club shop the most attractive source to buy the shirt from).

And now this season's kit will be £63 at the club shop/club website but £75 on the Adidas website.

Can anyone clued up on competition law explain the differences here?

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

So..

The club has supposedly just been done alongside JD Sports for fixing the prices of the kits whereby the club shop is always cheaper. Is that right? Presumably that was to eliminate competition and keep the price of the shirt higher throughout the whole season (by literally making the club shop the most attractive source to buy the shirt from).

And now this season's kit will be £63 at the club shop/club website but £75 on the Adidas website.

Can anyone clued up on competition law explain the differences here?

It's probably an unfortunate coincidence given the recent ruling however...

In my current role we have a D2C site that often RRP's at a higher price than some of our partners who re-sell our products. We don't lose out on sales though because we have a well known brand and a loyal customer base.

Adidas can justify the £75 quid because they have brand power, trust, and likely some people will pay the extra £12 because they're so attached to adidas as an entity and also they probably trust it'll arrive next day and not in two weeks with numbers hanging off.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

It's probably an unfortunate coincidence given the recent ruling however...

In my current role we have a D2C site that often RRP's at a higher price than some of our partners who re-sell our products. We don't lose out on sales though because we have a well known brand and a loyal customer base.

Adidas can justify the £75 quid because they have brand power, trust, and likely some people will pay the extra £12 because they're so attached to adidas as an entity and also they probably trust it'll arrive next day and not in two weeks with numbers hanging off.

Fair enough, that does make sense. Cheers :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 17/07/2023 at 05:12, ozleicester said:

i hadn’t considered getting tits on the back before but glad the club encourage it 

• Haha 1