Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

New kits 23/24

On 03/07/2023 at 09:11, phoneticerror said:

Are DH Gate any good?

My lad got a fake black and green shirt for this birthday from a school friend recently. He didn’t notice the difference, but the iron sure did. Massive hole on the first touch 😂😂

I've given up on DHGate. I have too many football shirts as it is, and for me not worth it when you know the shirt is never quite accurate.

You can usually spot one when you look at them. There are always small differences, or on the bad ones larger differences.

Even good ones you will notice are a slightly different shade, or a different material. The trim on sleeves may be a print rather than actual trim, etc.

I've bought a fair few from DHGate for myself, my boy and my nephew.

I bought a retro early 90s Sampdoria shirt via DH Gate last year. It was decent.... except 1 sleeve panel, the collar, and the trim on the other sleeve, are all in a slightly different shade of blue. Infuriating!

Hard to show in a photo uploaded to DHGate, and not worth the cost of posting back to get a refund.

I ordered last year's home shirt via DHGate. It eventually arrived but with the fox face on the back, not the correct running fox.

Some are harder to notice, the pink away shirt looked pretty good, just the front panel was the same shiny material as the rest, whilst the genuine shirt had a better quality "matt" finish front panel.

The  maroon away shirts I bought were all a slightly lighter shade. 

Some minor quibbles, but for me, noticeable.

On the other hand, I do actually buy some official shirts, but trying to avoid those too, especially as I hardly ever wear them!

• Like 2

Are DH Gate any good?

My lad got a fake black and green shirt for this birthday from a school friend recently. He didn’t notice the difference, but the iron sure did. Massive hole on the first touch 😂😂

Serious or joke?

Why would you attempt to iron a  football shirt?

Even the best manufacturers probably wouldn't hold up to an iron.

Are DH Gate any good?

Soldering iron?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

You are aware irons have cooler settings yes? You guys must be scruffy sods 😂😂

If they're hung up to dry and hung in the wardrobe any crease will just fall out of it.

Unless you like to iron a sharp crease down the sleeve, life is too short to iron a football shirt.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Danizen said:

If they're hung up to dry and hung in the wardrobe any crease will just fall out of it.

Unless you like to iron a sharp crease down the sleeve, life is too short to iron a football shirt.

Yeh or iron the shirt inside out, try that? Can imagine the logo would get mangled and all the crappy cheap plastic would stick to the iron within seconds of touching it

I've not seen a single person at a Leicester game that looks like they Iron their shirt... if anything the majority come with that fusty smell you get when you don't quite dry something before wearing it.

• Haha 2

Must say I'm a massive fan of the new home kit. Had £10 in points on my membership card so cost me 53.

Most of it is probably is sponsorship logo change but I especially like the fox on the back of the collar and on the inlay. 

Best kit since the puma days and definitely best Adidas offering

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Livid said:

I don't care how nice it is.

I bought last year's shirt for the first time in decades and look what happened. :whistle:

All this time we've been blaming Rudkin and Rogers and it was your misplaced consumer loyalty that got us relegated.

You sir are a bounder and a cad. Good day.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I'm looking forward to the new away kit, I'm going to get a tight size for my slightly portly 52 year old body to masquerade thinking I am 25 still 

tight like a Tiger 😂

The XXXL are a nice tight fit...lol

• Haha 2