Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Rafael Benitez - Do you want him?

Benitez - Yes or No?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Benitez?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, got a very trusted couple of coaches he’s worked with who’ve got experience of prem and champ, he adapts to what circumstances are, he’s someone players will listen to, not interested in self promoting bullshit like many managers around, and is tactically astute. We aren’t fishing in the pond we were even 6 months ago, we would be very lucky to have him, and if we do and do go down it’s not on him, it’s on the ostriches in the boardroom. 

I struggle to see how anyone couldn't look at his CV and realise he's streets ahead of Marsch, Hassenhuttl etc.

In fact, I'd say he could do for us what Dyche has done for Everton. He could hit the ground running and I would trust him with the rebuild and the first season after it.

Not a long-term appointment by any means, but definitely a step up from Marsch and the status quo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Hopefully just till the end of the season, then we reassess depending on where we are. 

I reckon our period of flux will be longer than just this season, so not the worst guy to have their hand on the tiller

If it’s going to happen get it done quick so we can get him into the training ground with at least a couple of days with the team before Saturdays expected mauling. Short term probably the best we could get, long term questionable but who knows. Worth a punt 👍