Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Rafael Benitez - Do you want him?

Benitez - Yes or No?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Benitez?

• Yes
    • No

No thanks!

He would completely undo any foundations that were leaid down by Puel or Rodgers.

His style of play is the complete opposite to what we attempt to play at the moment. 

If the club want the team to play attractive football then they need to look at managers who also want to play this way. Benitez is certainly not one of them.

• Haha 3

Wouldn't be my first pick in an ideal world, but looks like the standout candidate from the dross that is left. Given the predicament we're in I'd happily take him or Big Sam at this stage. Just need someone in the job. Can't have another week pass by without a proper manager in charge. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lee7 said:

No thanks!

He would completely undo any foundations that were leaid down by Puel or Rodgers.

His style of play is the complete opposite to what we attempt to play at the moment. 

If the club want the team to play attractive football then they need to look at managers who also want to play this way. Benitez is certainly not one of them.

Rodgers ruined all the foundations we had with Puel lol 

• Like 3

Give him 3 year deal and be done with it as the least is we would be guaranteed to comeback as he has never failed when supported !

He is probably one of the top 10 managers in the last decade and we need someone to sort this load of attitudes in the squad out!

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

No thanks!

I want to undo these foundations! It has been a bore fest for months and we don't have the players capable of playing Pep ball. 

That is one of the big reasons we are in this mess. We have had a style forced on us that just doesn't work if you don't have the best players in the league to make it work over a sustained period of time. It may work for a while as we saw with Rodgers early on, but slowly and surely it becomes unworkable.

I want us to accept our limitations, but also use them to our advantage, similar to our title winning season. We need a Manager savvy enough to work with the players he has got and create a way of winning and having sustained success, which for us is mid table and pushing for a top 7 spot. 

Benitez has a wealth of experience working with players and even with a Mike Ashley 'budget'! He isn't the Rafa of Liverpool days, but he is still the best candidate of our other realistic options, and it is a bonus that he has managed in the Championship and got Newcastle straight back up. Could come in handy that! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m voting for an interim manager the start the hunt for a full time manager if it takes a few weeks to see what Division we will be in before some commit then so be it, Smith & Shakespeare to come in as interim would get us sorted and steady the ship as I believe and nearly every Foxes Faithful Sadler & Stowell are just not working out !

Guest Col city fan

Do people really want Rafa as the next Leicester manager?

He’s got an exceptional CV but NOT for many many years.

He was at his peak at Liverpool, over a decade ago.

It doesn’t smack of being a fresh and progressive club tbh. It smacks of even more desperation really.

I’d rather we see what happens this season, and if we do go down, find a younger, eager manager with fresh ideas to challenge in the Championship. Like Burnley have done with Kompany.

We really are in a two and eight aren’t we.

2 hours ago, lee7 said:

No thanks!

yeah! I’d really miss the style of play we’ve been getting 🤔

Edited by bridport007

3 hours ago, lee7 said:

No thanks!

And what foundations has Rodgers left that is worth continuing with?

7 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

And what foundations has Rodgers left that is worth continuing with?

Exactly! Unless you prefer hiding behind the couch every time the ball is in our half as a style you want to retain? We have very poor players and they need organising, and reminded of the basics. 

• Like 1