Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare's Blue Army!

It’s a tough first audition against man city but get anything from that game and smiffy and shakey will be heroes. It’s a game no one will even bother waiting for the result but we are LCFC and if anyone can pull a rabbit out of the hat it’s us. Why do I say that? Well how in earth did we thump spuds and Villa not too long ago? These players are frustrating as hell to manage. They can go from cold To hot to cold in an instant. No science can explain it. It’s just a mad world.

all comes Down to if the players like deano & smiffy. If they do it will work wonders. I’m telling you guys just watch and see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxOfMelton said:

Shakey will just want to play his old mate Vardy, who, for all he has done for the club, is absolutely past it at this level.

I do have that fear as well. We might have actually got results in the last 2 if we’d started Daka 

Guest bennytwohats
Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Awesome decision. Been calling for him for years. 

That’s the spirit!

On 02/04/2023 at 15:13, StriderHiryu said:

My prediction is Dean Smith for 12-18 months. 

Called it! And I bet him and Shakey are here past the end of the season, no doubt in the Championship.

There were only a handful of candidates out there who would take the job on an interim basis, and he was one of them. I don't think he's as bad as people are making him out to be, Thomas Frank was his assistant and he's not doing too badly. Do I think Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare save our season? No I don't, but it won't be these two that are responsible for the debacle of this season.

Just now, FoxOfMelton said:

Shakey will just want to play his old mate Vardy, who, for all he has done for the club, is absolutely past it at this level.

Or maybe he’ll figure out a way to supply our forwards and get the ball up the pitch quicker rather than the aimless passing round the back shi@te that ensures any striker on his own upfront looks completely lost for 90 mins. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

Can we bring this bloke back whilst we are at it? Can’t remember his name but it may be a clever move as he probably knows 1 of the players and the surname of the tea-lady

:plancque:

Nah, can't bring Pascal Plancque back - we're collecting managers/coaches whose last names begin with S

Could we perhaps interest you in Jorge Sampaoli as our fitness coach or Clarence Seedorf to set out the cones in training instead?

Edited by lfu

5 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

This is what concerns me too. Really hoping he and Smith have done their homework and are aware of how much he has declined.

Guest bennytwohats
9 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It’s a tough first audition against man city but get anything from that game and smiffy and shakey will be heroes. It’s a game no one will even bother waiting for the result but we are LCFC and if anyone can pull a rabbit out of the hat it’s us. Why do I say that? Well how in earth did we thump spuds and Villa not too long ago? These players are frustrating as hell to manage. They can go from cold To hot to cold in an instant. No science can explain it. It’s just a mad world.

all comes Down to if the players like deano & smiffy. If they do it will work wonders. I’m telling you guys just watch and see.

For me the City game isn’t about getting a result. We just need to start trying some new ideas and see enough from this game to build the belief ahead of the Wolves game. If we can come out with a goal or even some good clear chances, maybe keep the score line respectable. Whatever it looks like we need to go into that Wolves game up for it and backing ourselves.

If we can do that and get a result against Wolves the situation quickly becomes a lot more interesting.

34 minutes ago, Guy said:

Would rather have had the fellow below standing in Dean Smith's position alongside Shakey but the duo above would be a decent appointment IMO and better than Marsch.....time will tell IF they're installed before the weekend I guess.

Nigel Pearson v Zola. Watford away play offs. May 2013.jpg

You mean the bloke with Vardy, Kane and Drinkwater on the bench? Clearly knows **** all :ph34r:lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Suppose it's better than Stowell and Sadler.

Not much! Didn't come close to keeping Norwich up and was an abject failure there.  Shows how far we have fallen I suppose.  Although if the board had sacked Rodgers when  they should have, we would have had more and better options, and a realistic chance of being no where the bottom 3.  The board have properly messed up, to put it mildly.

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Smith will keep us up.

We don't want him to just keep us up, we need him to get us promoted. Oh you mean this season! Nope, we have 2 hopes with him in charge of staying up this season.  Bob hope and no hope.

16 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Craig Shakespeare....

A previous flop.

REALLY???

How’s he a flop?

Assistant manager in our greatest period, took over and guided us to safety and left us not in a shit mess?

Edit - and he’d be joining as assistant manager. Apart from MON’s assistant, Shakespeare is the best no2 we have had!

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 1