Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare's Blue Army!

The club mutually agreed to let Rodgers go this late in the season for a reduced severance pay just so he doesn't have a relegation on his CV, what a great decision. They've really stitched us up and guaranteed relegation. 

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

How’s he a flop?

Assistant manager in our greatest period, took over and guided us to safety and left us not in a shit mess?

Edit - and he’d be joining as assistant manager. Apart from MON’s assistant, Shakespeare is the best no2 we have had!

And is a good coach, just not a manager and even then he didn’t massively flop. At least he got the players playing with passion 

I have no problem with him coming in as number 2. It’s Dean smith is the issue. Shakey is definitely welcome back. He’ll improve the coaching at the club. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think Smith or Rafa likely keeps us up. I imagine the club considers Rafa a potential long term problem if they had other ideas such as Potter. 

Agree..... think might prefer Rafa....but Rafa wants it long term and the board don't want the Brendan situation again where if he fails they have to pay the remaining large contract 

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Called it! And I bet him and Shakey are here past the end of the season, no doubt in the Championship.

There were only a handful of candidates out there who would take the job on an interim basis, and he was one of them. I don't think he's as bad as people are making him out to be, Thomas Frank was his assistant and he's not doing too badly. Do I think Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare save our season? No I don't, but it won't be these two that are responsible for the debacle of this season.

Correct, that's 100% on Top and the board, total incompetence to comply with European competition FFP rules by not improving a shite squad in the summer transfer window and getting relegated.

My sources have no clue who will end up with the job.

However, they can reveal that crews are behind the scenes making an "All or Nothing" football documentary .

And for the very first time, the Cartoon Network has been chosen for the job over Amazon Prime.

I've seen leaked footage covering our managerial search.

ClownsCar.gif.79ede378df5c80f7376362d77b308a62.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

My sources have no clue who will end up with the job.

However, they can reveal that crews are behind the scenes making an "All or Nothing" football documentary .

And for the very first time, the Cartoon Network has been chosen for the job over Amazon Prime.

I've seen leaked footage covering our managerial search.

ClownsCar.gif.79ede378df5c80f7376362d77b308a62.gif

Nah mate. That’s just the regular board meeting. 

12 minutes ago, trooky said:

The club mutually agreed to let Rodgers go this late in the season for a reduced severance pay just so he doesn't have a relegation on his CV, what a great decision. They've really stitched us up and guaranteed relegation. 

He was taking us down anyway, least we saved a few million in the process.

If your statement is indeed factual.

Smith and Shakespeare played about 1000 games of league football , Rodgers and Davies about 0 games. Welcome to modern football management. Do what I tell you even though I have never done it myself. Its like a hospital manager telling a brain surgeon what to do.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Smith and Shakespeare played about 1000 games of league football , Rodgers and Davies about 0 games. Welcome to modern football management. Do what I tell you even though I have never done it myself. Its like a hospital manager telling a brain surgeon what to do.

I see your point but Smith and Shakespeare haven't really come close to what Rodgers has achieved in his career? Who cares how much footballing experience they have, Lampard and Gerrard were terrific players but up to now dreadful managers. It doesn't matter.

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Very important to have a name as now I know who to get angry at when we lose on Saturday..

We should all play our part.

I reckon we nominate a forum member to blame for each of the remaining matches.