Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare's Blue Army!

1 minute ago, Torten said:

I see your point but Smith and Shakespeare haven't really come close to what Rodgers has achieved in his career? Who cares how much footballing experience they have, Lampard and Gerrard were terrific players but up to now dreadful managers. It doesn't matter.

O'Neil , Pearson , Puel and Ranieri were very good footballers and that at least commands respect. Rodgers and his ilk have all arisen on Mourinho's back, the first successful non playing manager. I am not a fan. The old mantra is though truly great players like Gerrard and Lampard and Rooney etc. rarely make successful managers because they have to deal with players who can't do what they did.

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

The whole Norwich thing is odd. They might not have liked the football but they were literally in the play offs … 

he made things toxic, i was reading about this last night. He was calling out the fans in a similar manner to rodgers (if not worse) 

In one of his last games he said their fans are never happy at home unless they go 2-0 up in the first half and that it was easier for them to play away 😦 writing was on the wall after that 

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

he made things toxic, i was reading about this last night. He was calling out the fans in a similar manner to rodgers (if not worse) 

In one of his last games he said their fans are never happy at home unless they go 2-0 up in the first half and that it was easier for them to play away 😦 writing was on the wall after that 

Rodgers was passive aggressive at least Smith was honest and said it how it was 

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Smith and Shakespeare played about 1000 games of league football , Rodgers and Davies about 0 games. Welcome to modern football management. Do what I tell you even though I have never done it myself. Its like a hospital manager telling a brain surgeon what to do.

No it isn’t, football is not brain surgery. It’s a very simple game and footballers rarely have a clue about tactics, because playing the game is not the same as watching the game and watching the game is not the same as being able to think about the game.

If anything, clubs would be better off avoiding ex-pros and appointing managers based on their intelligence and personality. A coach teaches technique, a manager’s main jobs are psychology and tactics.

If you’ve watched enough football, you can be a football manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Difference between being favourites and being confident.

Being favourites is the bookies opinion nothing to do with being confident after a terrible season in the PL

Players expectations rise, no longer are they playing superior opposition. Going into a new season as promotion favourites as a manager it isn’t hard to instil self belief and confidence you should be winning games on the back of that 

The situation is what it is. Top and his pals have dropped a bollock, and this is what we’re left with. 

It’s still a damn site better than Marsch, and to be fair I’d take Terry and Shakey as assistants. 

Smith has had experience keeping Villa up against all odds, Terry was involved in that too. Shakey was part of the great escape….. so really, for the situation we’re in, it isn’t a bad thing. 

29 minutes ago, trooky said:

The club mutually agreed to let Rodgers go this late in the season for a reduced severance pay just so he doesn't have a relegation on his CV, what a great decision. They've really stitched us up and guaranteed relegation. 

Some believe Rodgers was pushing for it more than the board, wouldn’t surprise me, only cared about himself 

Just now, lfu said:

If we stay up on the final day and John Terry doesn't join in the celebrations in full Leicester home kit I will be more disappointed than if we go down

To be fair He could probably still do a job for us. Player / coach!? 

27 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

And is a good coach, just not a manager and even then he didn’t massively flop. At least he got the players playing with passion 

I have no problem with him coming in as number 2. It’s Dean smith is the issue. Shakey is definitely welcome back. He’ll improve the coaching at the club. 

Shakey is one of those with his legacy in tact with the club. Excellent as a coach like you say. He did a great job as an interim manager post Ranieri but is not a full time ‘manager’. No shame in that.

I don’t particularly have a problem with Smith given our situation. Any manager you can point to bad jobs but we are where we are.