Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare's Blue Army!

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

O'Neil , Pearson , Puel and Ranieri were very good footballers and that at least commands respect. Rodgers and his ilk have all arisen on Mourinho's back, the first successful non playing manager. I am not a fan. The old mantra is though truly great players like Gerrard and Lampard and Rooney etc. rarely make successful managers because they have to deal with players who can't do what they did.

Yea I get you, I think managers who have played are a little different - perhaps possessing more on the man management side of things whereas non-playing managers almost necessarily have to be tactically astute. 

Though I do think that the mantra is something of an excuse when you consider the amount of good-to-great players (Pep, Zidane etc.) who have gone on to do well in management. Even Gerrard played with some absolute dross at Liverpool so I'm sure he has an idea of what players can/can't do :D

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

he made things toxic, i was reading about this last night. He was calling out the fans in a similar manner to rodgers (if not worse) 

In one of his last games he said their fans are never happy at home unless they go 2-0 up in the first half and that it was easier for them to play away 😦 writing was on the wall after that 

Oh I can’t wait for this 😂

8 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No it isn’t, football is not brain surgery. It’s a very simple game and footballers rarely have a clue about tactics, because playing the game is not the same as watching the game and watching the game is not the same as being able to think about the game.

If anything, clubs would be better off avoiding ex-pros and appointing managers based on their intelligence and personality. A coach teaches technique, a manager’s main jobs are psychology and tactics.

If you’ve watched enough football, you can be a football manager.

I don't think so , you need to have been in the trenches if you want to really understand what is involved. Watching matches from fifty feet above the pitch or playing idiot computer games will give you little understanding. The intensity of top level football usually makes monkeys of those who think they have worked out all the answers.

It's like bringing in the administrators...manage the relegation in best way possible.

It's been quite obvious that avoiding the drop is unlikely because we know it's a.tailspin scenario so it's about damage limitation 

I'd.like to be more positive but it's like.a.case of the yips...gotta step.away and start from scratch 

Thanks Brendan 

3 hours ago, foxer said:

If this is happening, it beggars belief. They're seriously opting to save a few quid by not appointing Rafa on a longer term contract when the cost of failure is £100+?? Such a risk. 

Not that Rafa is a guarantee to stay up of course. 

I really don't think Rafa would be interested.

1 minute ago, Finn Claw II said:

Shakespeare will just be whispering in Dean’s ear that Vardy is a 20 goal a season striker.  I fear Vardy starting the next 8 games and scoring 0 goals.

Smith has his faults but I'd like to think he's not an idiot and watched some of our games. He'll know Vardy isn't the Vardy of old.

John Terry won't be coming as he's not interested in coaching

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-terry-chelsea-next-job-27447510

Terry was asked if he had any plans to become a manager in the near future during a Q&A on Instagram on Sunday. "Unfortunately no," came the reply. "When I left Villa, that was the aim. I won't be managing or coaching in the future."

Edited by chapero82

2 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Will the set piece coach Rodgers brought in still be staying then ?

Knudsen and Glover (recruitment) were club additions I think. Rodgers brought Congerton, Davies, Toure and that other coach who left with Rodgers himself and Davies

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

John Terry won't be coming as he's not interested in coaching

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-terry-chelsea-next-job-27447510

Terry was asked if he had any plans to become a manager in the near future during a Q&A on Instagram on Sunday. "Unfortunately no," came the reply. "When I left Villa, that was the aim. I won't be managing or coaching in the future."

I trust Percy 

• Like 3