Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare's Blue Army!

We desperately need an interim. I really didn’t want to see us get shacked up with Rafa ball for 3 years. 

But honestly I’d have brought in Puel before Dean Smith. 

Oh well, looks like this is the route we are taking so give them 100% backing and if they keep us up it atleast gives Smith some credibility boost for his future. 

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

Don't Terry, but I think our defenders will certainly listen to him and respect him for what he has achieved. 

Right up until he shags their Mrs that is. Hopefully he can hold off until game 6 or 7 

Imagine a Pearson/Terry appointment.

9 minutes ago, MattFox said:

They stayed up because someone forgot to turn the Goaline Technology on

You are not giving Smith the credit he deserves here. Nobody forgot to turn Goaline on, Smith was a tactical genius and got someone to turn it off just after kick off :)

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I get a feeling this could just work. Simply because it's about balls rather than football to an extent now. 

How quickly can Terry organise a defence? Even if the decision had been made after the Southampton game, he'd of had an extra 5 weeks. Now he has 7 weeks left of the season total, but maybe 3 weeks before the situation is beyond saving.

7 minutes ago, MattFox said:

They stayed up because someone forgot to turn the Goaline Technology on

Apparently that's a simplistic view.

I mean they gained a point from it, staying up by a point but whatever. :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I think my point still stands. The squad’s mentality has been ruined and it will take an awful lot to repair it.

I agree with this, but in the same breath I think a few of our players come across as shallow for fame and would love the opportunity to impress someone like Terry if he can be convinced to come. 

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

How quickly can Terry organise a defence? Even if the decision had been made after the Southampton game, he'd of had an extra 5 weeks. Now he has 7 weeks left of the season total, but maybe 3 weeks before the situation is beyond saving.

Mate, you have misunderstood. Terry will be starting this weekend. He has already been spotted in the full kit walking around with a 15/16 Premier League medal.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

If there were leaders everywhere, why didn't they win enough games to avoid Ranieri getting sacked? You have to give Shakey some credit for the survival, just like you can rightly criticise the following season.

Because they lost belief in Claudio - his decision making became irrational 

shakey just went back to basics - what made us champions - I can give him credit for recognising that he didn’t  need to do anything clever. 

The following season we had lost DD and he simply just tried to play long ball for vards to chase - we became ridiculously one dimensional 

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

the problem with our defense is it gets put under too much pressure due to our midfield, and attack (or lack of). The last 3 goals we conceded that lost us 2 games were not as a result of our defense

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

More time would have been highly preferable. Villa fans on Twitter reckon he tightened theirs up quickly but time not on our side. 

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's the sort of person that the players will respect. How do you think Jamie Vardy would react to a Ted Lasso wannabe? Not in the same way as he would to a Champions League winning player and former England Captain, that's for sure. These things do matter, especially with Shakespeare back at the club too. This will apply to Maddison, KDH, probably everyone other than Tete.

In the final games it's not about the style of the play, it's about results. Got to go back to the Great Escape where games were frenetic, but we won them through sheer force of will.

I really wonder what Shakespeare will make of it all. I suspect he will think it's all got soft compared to the last time he was around. If we do go down, I hope they keep him on in some form because we've lost one of the most important parts of our identity since he left, "foxes never quit." In recent games, the players give up as soon as they cross the touchline and can't handle the pressure.

And forgot how to counter