Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare's Blue Army!

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Excellent, let's hope he can make plenty of good signings between now and the end of the season then. Things are looking up.

I was thinking positively....I know that doesn't go down well on here....if he keeps us up, he's capable of signing good players to rebuild the squad 

Thanks

• Like 2

Am I right in saying the only reason Villa stayed up under him was due to goal line technology failing?

Still to this day can’t believe more a fuss wasn’t kicked up about that.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PaddyS said:

Please Dean Smith, do NOT follow Craig Shakespeare's advice of picking Jamie Vardy and 'getting it up to Vards' as your tactics.

Play Iheanacho in every remaining game. Please. Just do that and we might be ok.

Or they might be leaning towards this appointment over the alternatives precisely because they wouldn't have to do that if they went down.

I suspect if he makes a good fist of it and goes down, he'll be in with a shout. And either way, it's possible that Shakespeare would be offered the chance to carry on as Assistant. That could prove more useful on its own than wondering how we pay off Benitez / Marsch after a shaky start in the FLC.

Given that Smith/Shakespeare's great escape credentials are comparable with the other two options, their contract demands are possibly less of a problem, and there's good second tier pedigree there, I can understand the thinking.

Edit: sorry I quoted the wrong thing here!

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

He was hugely underachieving with a very good Championship side a few months ago. The fans were fed up with him.

But did have a run of 7 wins and 2 draws early on in the championship season.

We don't need him to do a good long term job, just a good short term one.

17 minutes ago, kingfox said:

This what happens when you’re sitting in 19th with 8 games to go.

We’re left scraping the bottom of the barrel over managers who have recent scar tissues.

Norwich fans were desperate to see the back of him. Only potential positive to take from this is that he’ll bring Shakespeare with him.

Norwich are ****ing gash though. Nothing would have kept them up last season. At least we have a slightly better team. 

He did good work with both Brentford and Villa. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Swalshed said:

I was thinking positively....I know that doesn't go down well on here....if he keeps us up, he's capable of signing good players to rebuild the squad 

Thanks

If he keeps us up and we respond by giving him a permanent deal then positivity is not going to be my first instinct I'm afraid

Wow. Literally the last name on the list, just one below Marsch who rejected us lol

This is all so weird. 

I do like Shakey coming back though. Not that I think he will make much difference, but just for the old times. 

Dean fookin' Smith... hahahaha     

8 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Because he knows the club and respect is surely still there after what he achieved with Pearson and our Champions League run.

We’re at a point where a familiar face in some aspect could be ideal.

The last time before this season we were in the bottom three was under his management, didn't help then.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Am I right in saying the only reason Villa stayed up under him was due to goal line technology failing?

Still to this day can’t believe more a fuss wasn’t kicked up about that.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But did have a run of 7 wins and 2 draws early on in the championship season.

We don't need him to do a good long term job, just a good short term one.

When the team was confident after getting relegated and being favourites to win the league.

Yet they couldn't turn it around and the crowd soon turned despite being 5th at the time of sacking 

I'd take it if I believed they had a genuine plan for the summer. I know wr will end up still appointing someone shit then. 

Like any new boss though, he gets the opportunity to fail before I criticise him too much. Let's see what you've got Dean. 

• Like 1

Done a decent job at Villa, 30% win ratio which will not be enough in our case.

But better then SAS.

If we can get a new manager bounce it could work.

Still think we would have got some points form Villa and Bournemouth with him in charge.

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

When the team was confident after getting relegated and being favourites to win the league.

Yet they couldn't turn it around and the crowd soon turned despite being 5th at the time of sacking 

That doesn't really make sense.

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Wow. Literally the last name on the list, just one below Marsch who rejected us lol

This is all so weird. 

I do like Shakey coming back though. Not that I think he will make much difference, but just for the old times. 

Dean fookin' Smith... hahahaha     

Shakey who is a good coach but we’d be bringing back because “he knows the club/players”. 

The players - Vardy. Albrighton who is out on loan 

What the hell, we are not going to get much better on a short-term deal, the club/board wants to keep their options open for when/if we go down.  At least Shakey knows the club inside out, and maybe we could just get a response from the players, let's be honest it can't get much worse....can it?

• Like 1