Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare's Blue Army!

3 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Well you'd imagine that any incoming manager would have a look at at least our last half dozen or so matches, either before taking the job or first thing after... Nobody's going to come along and think 'Ah, Jamie Vardy - I remember he was really good when Leicester won the league seven years ago, he's the first name on my teamsheet...'

I would think vards will be the first name on the team sheet with shakey involved 

at least Rafa would have the balls to tell him he’s on the bench 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Jeez - i’d forgotten how awful those first half dozen games of 17/18 were. Hopefully smith has more nouse 

it’s a start but needs more than that ! 

It was enough to win 5 games on the spin, 6 years ago. I know things change, but not that much in 6 years.

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

It was enough to win 5 games on the spin, 6 years ago. I know things change, but not that much in 6 years.

Completely different squad nowadays and Shakespeares main tactic from back then can’t run

How did we do under the last manager whose previous job was Norwich? Decent, won a couple of league cups.

How did we do under the last manager who had Shakespeare as his assistant? Decent, won the premier league.

GERREMIN

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

That team reverted to automatic pilot with leaders everywhere- the complete antithesis of what we are now 

shakey’s tactics following season when it was a fresh start were abysmal 

I'm not impressed that we've gone from Benitez to Smith, but let's at least get behind the new staff team until the end of the season?

It doesn't make sense to let any frustrations out towards Smith and then let that affect the atmosphere at matches. The players still need our support, and whoever new coming in also needs it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We should have had this lined up the minute we sacked Rodgers. Two winnable matches lost and by the time Man City have beaten us we could be 5 points adrift.

You certainly wouldnt appoint them before the Man City game, one big drubbing and any new found self belief would be drained 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Bringing back Shakespeare to try and get us onside. I know how they’re working.

...Dean Smith was the only manager (so we were told) who was prepared to accept the short term contract!!!

Having Shakespeare with him would not have been a consideration, for the board, but I am delighted to have him back here.

I am not sure that the club is using him to get back on the good side of supporters, as there is a lot of people who blames him for the Ranieri sacking and view him as a snake, so there will be mixed feelings amongst our supporters of him coming back.

Pretty much I believe our coaching staff to be poor and it would be good to get a proper coach here at the club. If we could make him a resident coach (irrespective of which ever manager comes into the club) he will still be here. We lost him when we gave him the managerial role, glad to get him back.

We’re such a joke. Hope we do stay up so Top sells and we bring in proper leadership. 

I’ll back Smith and Shakespeare , of course. Can’t be worse than the idiots we’ve had in charge for the past few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

Rather they brought back William Shakespeare, as he could give The Birch a few lessons on how to deliver a Soliloquy. (Yes GCSE literature, I have not forgotten thee.) 

'Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.' (Twelfth Night). Not sure if any of those apply to Craig, but his grandfather certainly did come up with some brilliant quotes!

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Dean Smith was the only manager (so we were told) who was prepared to accept the short term contract!!!

Having Shakespeare with him would not have been a consideration, for the board, but I am delighted to have him back here.

I am not sure that the club is using him to get back on the good side of supporters, as there is a lot of people who blames him for the Ranieri sacking and view him as a snake, so there will be mixed feelings amongst our supporters of him coming back.

Pretty much I believe our coaching staff to be poor and it would be good to get a proper coach here at the club. If we could make him a resident coach (irrespective of which ever manager comes into the club) he will still be here. We lost him when we gave him the managerial role, glad to get him back.

He is just happy to be linked to a top flight job after being linked with a League one club in January.

He has probably offered to work for free