Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m taking about realistic calls 

DoF won’t be one of those imo 

And even if it is/was the club or certainly Top have placed so much faith in Rudkin that it could take months to speak to and hire someone else. Better off just ****ing him off if anything appointing the manager and then finding someone to work with him down the line. 

Any half decent appointment in the managerial position should be able to sort out who he wants to keep, who he needs gone. Top and Susan should then be able accept offers, move those players on, bring players in.

Cheers Deano. Seems like a nice man who had a difficult job. Maybe bit off more than he could chew.

Also don’t want him sticking around. We need a clear out, and that includes the management team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

People will pull apart Deanos time at Norwich but when they sacked him they were still in the play offs. Fast forward to the end of the season they got worse and ended up midtable. Not exactly progression from there part. Can imagine some Norwich fans will look back and think maybe they were harsh there.

I suppose the 3 wins in 13 didn’t help the cause.

There record since is also on partly on the previous management, much like how rodgers gets the blame for the position he left us in with players and contracts etc.

There is a big world of professional football management outside failed managers in the Prem and Championship that live on past glory’s. 

Him admitting he didn’t know who was in and out of contract is a bit weird if you genuinely thought you had any chance of getting a job moving forward which shows maybe he wasn’t as confident in keeping us up as he portrayed at the start.

Edited by HankMarvin

31 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Think he would be the expedient choice as he is already here and we need some1 quickly as preseason probably starts in 3-4 weeks.

For me the Fulham, Leeds, Everton games are where he failed his audition. He failed to make us harder to beat, ignored Mendy when Soumare and Youri let oppo midfields have a free run on our box etc etc

if he gets the job I would back him but I just don’t know he is the right choice. It’s all conjecture tho, who knows who could turn this group around.

We lose the Everton game under Rodgers, and I don’t think we win the Wolves game either. For me, the big question mark is the Fulham game where I am convinced something happened in the lead to that game.  Smith was unspectacular, but got some sort of a shift out of a bunch that got nothing in the preceding games under Rodgers and Sadler. The form book suggests if we had taken Smith and co earlier we would have likely been safe. 

Fulham aside, I think with the rest of the management team he should be in for a big shout unless another standout candidate comes along. But the others have to be in with him. I imagine JT has already checked out of Seagrave with no intention of ever coming back. 

40 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

BR lost Rudkin's support very early on. 

So Rudkin doesn't have as much sway and persuasion on Top as people think?

Rudkin actually goes up in my estimation albeit marginally if it's true he was calling for a change early on, however, he's still at the root of most of our issues and still needs to be moved on.

Edited by Matt

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

So Rudkin doesn't have as much sway and persuasion on Top as people think?

Rudkin actually goes up in my estimation albeit marginally if it's true he was calling for a change early on, however, he's still at the root of most of our issues and still needs to be moved on.

Don't believe it. I don't

Rudkin was also responsible for failing to get a new manager in leaving us with caretakers in charge for 2 very important games this season as he had no plan. (Did the same thing in 2016 when Ranieri left, spent months pursuing Wagner, only difference was back then Sharky kept us out of trouble whilst Rudkin delays everything)

• Like 1

Just now, beepee1984 said:

Rudkin was also responsible for failing to get a new manager in leaving us with caretakers in charge for 2 very important games this season as he had no plan. (Did the same thing in 2016 when Ranieri left, spent months pursuing Wagner, only difference was back then Sharky kept us out of trouble whilst Rudkin delays everything)

I don't, but i'm playing devils advocate on what we've been told.

Rodgers was stunned to come back and see them still there? So he wasn't being kept in touch with events throughout the summer? I don't buy that in that respect. 

Also, if Rudkin and Rodgers had such a close relationship, was Rudkin not keeping him up to date on such transfers? Isn't that a DOF's job, and communications with the manager? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

Apparently Susan Whelan is the one to blame for Rogers being here so long

5 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Percy says otherwise, saying Rudkin backed him to the hilt and they had a very close working relationship. 

I lost a bit of respect for Percy. All nicey nicey when we were doing well but now we've been relegated he's come out with his latest piece.

Seems to be kissing ass when he knew he could get info

4 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

It's all opinions, of course, but I think some people have been a bit harsh on Dean Smith.

He inherited one of the most demoralised group of so-called footballers I've ever seen in a City shirt.    He had 8 games to try and completely rebuild their shattered confidence, and someone create game plans with a group of players who seemed to be only able to do two things (go sidewards and backwards, and they couldn't even do that properly).

He managed to get a couple of wins and draws out of them.  We would've lost the lot if that fraud Rodgers had still been in charge.   But it wasn't enough, as Smith acknowledged.   

He used the phrase "I've failed" (in what he had set out to achieve).  More honesty in 2 seconds than Rodgers displayed in the last 2 years.  I have no idea if he will still be in charge next year, but I'm grateful for that searing honesty as opposed to the last couple of years of excuses and corporate nonsense speak.

Only person who has had at least shown the honesty to own up and take some responsibility 

Look at the options potentially available. 

Dean Smith whilst about as exciting as watching paint dry does have a better CV than most.

However, I look at our history and think we’ll opt for Ruud van Nistelrooy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Look at the options potentially available. 

Dean Smith whilst about as exciting as watching paint dry does have a better CV than most.

However, I look at our history and think we’ll opt for Ruud van Nistelrooy

I’d love to see RVN but there’s no way he’s dropping to the championship. He’s just had a great season. 

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Tell you what, I'd be interested to hear him do a review on this shitshow over teflon Jon.

On the BSLB's pod they had OPA a couple of weeks ago and sure he said they'd invited him on RL to speak but he/the club declined.

Still the only one to come out and say he’s failed. He was here for 8 games and didn’t do a bad job. 

thanks for your efforts Dean, you showed more heart and spirit than the whole board and players. I wish you well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

It's all opinions, of course, but I think some people have been a bit harsh on Dean Smith.

He inherited one of the most demoralised group of so-called footballers I've ever seen in a City shirt.    He had 8 games to try and completely rebuild their shattered confidence, and someone create game plans with a group of players who seemed to be only able to do two things (go sidewards and backwards, and they couldn't even do that properly).

He managed to get a couple of wins and draws out of them.  We would've lost the lot if that fraud Rodgers had still been in charge.   But it wasn't enough, as Smith acknowledged.   

He used the phrase "I've failed" (in what he had set out to achieve).  More honesty in 2 seconds than Rodgers displayed in the last 2 years.  I have no idea if he will still be in charge next year, but I'm grateful for that searing honesty as opposed to the last couple of years of excuses and corporate nonsense speak.

I certainly like his honestly but although he talks sense in interviews that ‘new manager bounce’ didn’t really happen. I also think he made some bad calls- persisting with the Wilf - Youri - Soumare midfield was a major error and I still think we dropped points versus Everton, Fulham, Leeds