Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

When I hear the negativity from the 'Football Press', it reassures me he might be a good fit. Let's face it, we all know they're completely wrong about Rodgers. 

The big problem that I see, unfortunately for Smith and anyone that came in, is that we're so unfit as a side and have been so poorly coached for so long, there is no 'Quick fix'. What I want to see from the remaining games is evidence of coaching improvements. Us actually looking like a 'team' at times, with an actual shape. I'm not talking about us setting up negatively, more so that there's a cohesion about us when we actually look to press sides, as off the ball Rodgers was a disgrace of a coach and completely clueless. That's fundamentally why we concede so many chances.

If I see that, then there's no reason I couldn't be convinced in letting this trio try and get us back up next year, as far as i'm concerned, we're already gone. 

• Like 1

That’s a really good first interview. We are looking lethargic and lacking confidence, as he says.

Also noted about the fitness levels, and not having time to build that up which is bang on correct. 

I hope we go to Man City with a plan to be aggressive and put them on the back foot even if we lose. 

going to be tough, but we have the talent and desire to succeed. 

Edited by turkish14

Went to bed with the news and a feeling of apathy towards it all. However, this morning I have woken up with a positive mindset regarding the appointment. He’s not Brendan Rodgers and will offer a transition away from his methods at the club; whoever the next permanent manager is. I despise John Terry, but seeing as football has decided to not kick him out, we might as well take advantage of his winner mentality. And, at least we have one of our golden trio back in Shakespeare. 
I just wish the club had made this appointment prior to Villa. I am now excited for Wolves and would have been excited for Man City, if I was going.

• Like 3

Let's do this! Backing him, Shakespeare and Terry to do their best and get us out of this situation! 

After Man City, there's a few winnable games we should be seriously targeting and focusing on. Hopefully get our defence sorted and just someone new in place can renew confidence and belief. 

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Good luck Deano.

As for any “Norwich fans in peace”, you’re shit and you were a skid mark on the toilet bowl that is the premier league last season….. so your opinion is extremely invalid, thank you. 

To be fair, this season we are the last dregs of a huge floater about to be flushed finally at this rate. So let's hope Smith and Co stop the final pull. 

I think this is probably as good as we could have hoped for.  The thought of Marsch for 3 years was not appealing but this gives us the opportunity to review at the end of the season.  If we somehow manage to stay up then we will need a period of consolidation both on and off the pitch so these might be the guys for that too.  If we go down then we need to decide whether to go balls out for a quick return in which case this could be the team for that too or plan for a 3-5 year project with a fresh young manager.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

These echo my thoughts exactly, although I think we have left it just a few games too late, especially with Man City next up, which gives them just 7 games and with injuries and rock bottom confidence, I feel it may all be too much to drag us out of this. 

However, it certainly feels good to have a glimmer of hope again! 

In some ways I think Man City next is a blessing in disguise. We wouldn’t be expected to win that game whenever it fell so I’d rather have it first and mean we have the best part of two weeks until our next meaningful game. Should mean that by the time Wolves rolls around we have had a bit of time to know what the plan is.

It’s also a free hit in a way so the players can hopefully go out and play without expectation. If there are positives in the performance it’s something to build on.

@Sambiasso - your info on sunday was that something changed which made them comfortable to row back on Marsch - I think you were told that the availability of someone changed. Of course that could have happened on Saturday before anyone wants to comment on timelines.  
I'm assuming from reported events yesterday (which are often 24 hours out of date) that we renewed negs with Rafa based on a change in his requirements but were still unable to reach agreement???

Are we thinking that if that hadn’t happened, then we may well have agreed to marsch’s terms ????

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you are easily pleased!!!

Terry is an abomination and an embarrassment to have on this backroom team. As a person it would be hard to find someone more dislikeable. 

Dennis Wise? 

• Like 2

We all know why this season went wrong.  Brendan had a way he wanted to play and expected to be able to bring in players to do that even though his track record on recruitment was woeful.  When this was not forthcoming he tried to coach the players he had to work in a system that they are clearly not capable of - this fails, he implicitly blames the players in interviews, confidence falls and performances fall even further.

When Shakey took over in 16/17 he abandoned the move Claudio was trying to make to a possession game, the situation now is not dissimilar.  I hope that the new approach will be to look at what the players are already comfortable with, coach them to do that to the very best of their abilities and devise a system to work with them.  If that is enough to keep us up then great, if not, so be it - we go again in the Championship.

• Like 2