Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

This will bring Soyuncu and Vestergaard back into the fold , there will be no more exclusions. Keeping the score respectable against Man. City will be target number one.

Clean slate for everyone. They have a different playing style but they also have to work with what they have. If Vestergaard can work in Smith's team then go for it. He just wasn't a Rodgers player despite his desperation to sign him.

21 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

If he keeps us up it'll do, even the John Terry association. But as davieg says he's probably got to weogh up his 'saviour bonus' assuming there is one, Vs the prospect of a rebuild. I think we should of got rid of Sandler though

Hopefully BR will hire him for the Spurs gig ;)

Had an internal meltdown when I first saw this, but I feel completely different now.

The addition of John Terry and Smith‘s glowing reviews from Villa fans make me think this is the best coaching team available. 

My only worry is that CS influence will mean more game time for Vardy. 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, bridport007 said:

I think this suits both parties possibly. We need a manager till the end of the season, and see where we all are? And Dean and Co, get to improve their reputation/CV. Could be a match made in heaven....I'll get my coat! 

John Terry Posts Loving Tribute To John Terry - Late Tackle Magazine

The lads just need to lock their wives away whilst JT is about 😉

22 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Rafa wanted 3yrs on quite a big salary - Club said no too much money and too long a contract.

Marsch wanted 3yr and semi decent money - club said OK, This was purposely leaked by the club; felt the backlash from people within the club, fans and media on Saturday later that night arranged to speak with DS.

Sunday they met with Dean Smith who wanted interim but bonus if they stayed up told club I'll bring Shakespeare and JT with me. CS & JT is what convinced to club not necessarily Dean Smith.

Marsch got wind of it, got the hump and said he didn't want it if he wasn't number one candidate. 

Club only wanted someone with experience of Premier League that's why Hutter and couple of other candidates didn't get a look in.

Potter did get an initial enquiry but turned it down immediately, no further contact. 

O'Neil, Big Sam, NP were never contacted or considered. 

Playing squad are fractured, no togetherness or team spirit, little cliques of players, divisions between Rodgers fan boys and those that hated him all not helped the cause. 

If we go down, financially we are fuched.

Because of wages and the loss the tv money?

Best we could probably get at this stage, I'm happy enough. Smith has experience, Shakespeare knows the club and hopefully Terry can sort out the defence.

Just don't get battered on Saturday.

Up the Foxes.

• Like 1

Feel somewhat confident about this team. A lot more than Marsch and co had he come in..

and no I’m not prescribed on anything strong or currently sectioned, unless the wife slipped some anti-d’s into my lasagne last night.

42 minutes ago, davieG said:

If anybody has incentive to see us relegated it's Dean Smith set himself up nicely to manage us in the Championship because he was never going to manage us in the PL if we stayed up.

Hahahahaa it's an interesting angle.

I suspect though he's got a nice £5m bonus coming his way if he keeps us up and he'll have seen how loyal and rewarding our owners are in regards to an extension.

But if he does keep us up from here then his reputation is restored and he'll walk in to another PL gig next season.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Usually a good sign - Leeds fans were absolutely pissing themselves at the thought of us appointing Marsch. Villa fans seem to hold him in the same sort of regard we do Pearson.

Shakespeare back is lovely, and Terry - bloke is a proven winner and will install some standards at this club, something long missing.

Good luck to them.

"Terry" and "install standards" are rarely heard in the same sentence!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

8 games to keep us in the league, 8 games for Deano to prove himself he earn a long term deal. We need 9 points from 8, can he achieve it.

9 points is not keeping us up unless another team falls off a cliff.

26 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Playing squad are fractured, no togetherness or team spirit, little cliques of players, divisions between Rodgers fan boys and those that hated him all not helped the cause. 

This bit was clear on Saturday both in the warm up and the game. Rodger’s little present for us was to leave a clique of fan boys and cast offs. A few of them (madders included) were waving their arms about when things weren’t working out, rather than knuckling down and getting on with the job. Wonder how the fan boys will reflect post Bournemouth, as this should have been their realisation that a complete reset was necessary. 

Smith has a lot to do to try and get this group together. Might take more than JT organising a WAGs BBQ afternoon. 

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

This bit was clear on Saturday both in the warm up and the game. Rodger’s little present for us was to leave a clique of fan boys and cast offs. A few of them (madders included) were waving their arms about when things weren’t working out, rather than knuckling down and getting on with the job. Wonder how the fan boys will reflect post Bournemouth, as this should have been their realisation that a complete reset was necessary. 

Smith has a lot to do to try and get this group together. Might take more than JT organising a WAGs BBQ afternoon. 

Yes there is a group of them that go into the Turkey Cafe the majority of post match. 

38 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

If we go down, financially we are fuched.

Fan boys                  Hated Rodgers

Madders                      Castagne

Ricardo                           Barnes

KDH                               Iversen 

Evans                           Iheanacho

Ward                               Vesty 

Thomas                        Soyuncu

This is all complete guess work not sure of Vardy and the newer players.

Edited by los dedos