Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

4 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Fan boys                  Hated Rodgers

Madders                      Castagne

Ricardo                           Barnes

KDH                               Iversen 

Evans                           Iheanacho

Ward                               Vesty 

Thomas                        Soyuncu

This is all complete guess work not sure of Vardy and the newer players.

I think Ricardo is probably far more professional than the others in the list he is in, so it wouldn’t matter if he liked Rodgers or not.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I think Ricardo is probably far more professional than the others in the list he is in, so it wouldn’t matter if he liked Rodgers or not.

Yea 100% agree, he just went fanboy side as he was one of the only one to wish him well .

To be fair that was probably more out of politeness. 

• Like 1

Obviously he wouldn't have been my first choice but I've really warmed to the idea of DS coming in with CS and JT. Much better option than Marsch, he doesn't seem to get any positive comments. At least with DS there is experience in lower leagues and I feel he's probably the right fit to get us all firing again. Probably too late but either way, he'll be remembered as a catastrophe or a cult-hero.... only time will tell.

Really not my first choice of manager, but the more I think about it, the happier I am, especially with the coaches he is bringing with him.

Not ideal, but better than my initial reaction.

Or I am now just completely resigned?

Either way, I will be cheering the team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I imagine there will be a press conference today to announce Smith, Shakey and Terry. Do we know if there is and if so what time? Would be very interested to hear what they have to say.

No he’ll be introduced in the pre match Man City game press conferences according to the club.

Edited by westernpark
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

Said some good things, looks like he has seen we don't counter attack as much as we should, talking about breaking the lines etc

I wasn't over fussed either way when the news broke yesterday, but my view point now is at least we have someone in who's been in this position before, appears to know what he's doing and as much as folk can take the p**s, has a coaching team in Shakespeare (who knows the club like the back of his hand) and Terry (who has played the game to the best level possible and will aid the defence, even just a little, in not being so crap) because if our defenders can't take anything from John Terry, then there is something drastically wrong with them 

Man City is a total free hit on Saturday, keep the score as low as possible and take it, if we manage to get anything from them then Dean Smith will be hailed as a bloody Messiah 

My view now is what's happened before has happened, as said in the video it's turned into a mini season, get behind the new manager and his staff, get behind the players and maybe, just maybe we can drag ourselves out of this 

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

Is that planned for Thursday? Usually a couple of days before the game isn't it?

Yeah I presume so, although it is normally when the manager decided, so Smith could be different to Rodgers. Will be interesting if it’s just Dean Smith like a normal press conference, or if Shakespeare and Terry join him too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Probably right, although Thomas should realise that he needed someone else other than Rodgers to progress his career. 

Make no bones about it, the problem name on that list is Madders. If he can’t get his head straight and reset then he is more trouble being around the team. Performances since the WC have been mostly poor, and he’s running like he’s crocked. We’ve seen before that he is seriously bad when his head drops, and I have massive question marks over his ability to deliver when it really matters. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Probably right, although Thomas should realise that he needed someone else other than Rodgers to progress his career. 

Make no bones about it, the problem name on that list is Madders. If he can’t get his head straight and reset then he is more trouble being around the team. Performances since the WC have been mostly poor, and he’s running like he’s crocked. We’ve seen before that he is seriously bad when his head drops, and I have massive question marks over his ability to deliver when it really matters. 

Totally agree...

Give him a chance to buck up against Manchester City and if he's still sulking around bin him off for the games remaining.

Can't afford to carry anyone from here on in.

12 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Sadler and Stowell need booting too.  Get any lingerers out, am worried their influence may still have a detrimental effect.  Start afresh a new broom..  I am concerned their influence may have an effect on how we play I pray Smith n co doesnt listen to them.

The pair should be out of the door today!!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Bit worried about the influence the current coaches will have. I'd have preferred a full clear out. Hope Smith knows that Amartey, Ndidi, and Soumare mustn't go anywhere near the starting eleven.

If he can restore wilf to the wilf when he 1st joined and until his injuries he’s a shoe in.

hoping it’s confidence as rumours that Brendan wanted wilf gone when he 1st got here.

40 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Dean smith can’t lose 

If we are relegated it’s simply not his fault and kudos for him being brave to try

if he causes a minor miracle and we stay in the league then the man will get a EPL job again if this one isn’t offered to him 

I’m really starting to believe the great escape 2 is on 

If he manages to keep us up from the position we are in, I would happily keep him on for the next year. He would have earned the right to take on a full season with us. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, copunk said:

Said some good things, looks like he has seen we don't counter attack as much as we should, talking about breaking the lines etc

I wasn't over fussed either way when the news broke yesterday, but my view point now is at least we have someone in who's been in this position before, appears to know what he's doing and as much as folk can take the p**s, has a coaching team in Shakespeare (who knows the club like the back of his hand) and Terry (who has played the game to the best level possible and will aid the defence, even just a little, in not being so crap) because if our defenders can't take anything from John Terry, then there is something drastically wrong with them 

Man City is a total free hit on Saturday, keep the score as low as possible and take it, if we manage to get anything from them then Dean Smith will be hailed as a bloody Messiah 

My view now is what's happened before has happened, as said in the video it's turned into a mini season, get behind the new manager and his staff, get behind the players and maybe, just maybe we can drag ourselves out of this 

He did say in his interview we have 6 games and 8 weeks to stay in the league. Which 2 games do we think he is writing off? Or was it just a slip of the tongue? 

42 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Barnes is most likely in with Maddison, KDH and Thomas. They're definitely a clique.