Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Woken up feeling much better about this. I still think we'll go down but it's not gonna be down to these three so let's get behind them at least

got to be the most confusing comment iv read in a while. Woke up feeling better by the idea of us being relegated. what.. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever happens, show some bottle and go for it at Man City. If you setup to defend, it’s game over. They’re too good and will score against us, we need to throw caution to the wind and take a chance, literally a free hit with nothing to lose.

• Like 1

Strangely, for the first time in a very long time, I have woken up with optimism regarding Leicester. 

No idea why. My thoughts on the appointment yesterday havent changed. However, Smith wants to be here which is very different to the last guy. I think we have a chance. 

Dont let us down, Dean! Its not a difficult job, your predecessor said we "were just happy to stay in the league" - which, right now is very true. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

nice one. very original.

Post stupid comments, get stupid replies :thumbup:

I'll clarify my original post though as it's so confusing to you. I think we're down regardless because of how late we've left everything. I was underwhelmed when I first heard about Smith and Co. but now I can see a lot of sense in it

Edited by foxfanazer

Went to bed disappointed, woke up with a bounce in my step!!!

Think we may actually stay up with this trio. The interview showed a nice guy, with humility, an edge of winner, and most of all direct answers to tactical questions.

He wants us to stay up, not scrape out with reputation intact. What a refreshing change!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Post stupid comments, get stupid replies :thumbup:

I'll clarify my original post though as it's so confusing to you. I think we're down regardless because of how late we've left everything. I was underwhelmed when I first heard about Smith and Co. but now I can see a lot of sense in it

wait... you saying that we are screwed and well get relegated now, but you also see a lot of sense in it? haha

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Barnes is most likely in with Maddison, KDH and Thomas. They're definitely a clique. 

I did hear a while ago that Barnes wasn't to keen, he also said in an interview the other day that a manager going was one if those things and didn't seem to bothered .

4 minutes ago, Simoken said:

wait... you saying that we are screwed and well get relagated now, but you also see a lot of sense in it? haha

I don't think anybody would keep us up. Bringing somebody in who's kept a club up previously and also bringing in a familiar face in Shakespeare and a winner in John Terry gives us about the best chance we could hope for.

Are you okay? 

Edit: Ah I see you were very much Brendan in. Makes sense now lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Whatever happens, show some bottle and go for it at Man City. If you setup to defend, it’s game over. They’re too good and will score against us, we need to throw caution to the wind and take a chance, literally a free hit with nothing to lose.

As I have said, I would sooner lose 2-0 than 9-2. I would like to see us defend ferociously and we will have to , possession will be extremely limited. We will get the odd break of course, one clinical finish will raise spirits.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Went to bed disappointed, woke up with a bounce in my step!!!

Think we may actually stay up with this trio. The interview showed a nice guy, with humility, an edge of winner, and most of all direct answers to tactical questions.

He wants us to stay up, not scrape out with reputation intact. What a refreshing change!! 

But....

Whats his notepad like?

10 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Definitely reading too much in to this but in the days of social media its interesting that not one of the current squad liked any of the posts announcing Smith and team. Usually the players are quite interactive with the social media posts.  

Their egos can't take being managed by a Dean Smith, that's their ability this season crack on.

16 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

We’ve done well against Man City in the past using counter attack with Vardy finishing. Problem is I’m not sure we have the players that can play Vardy through these days (Tielemens injured, Albrighton away)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Definitely reading too much in to this but in the days of social media its interesting that not one of the current squad liked any of the posts announcing Smith and team. Usually the players are quite interactive with the social media posts.  

Good. I want them to be 1,000 burpees in hating the management team. They’re not there to be friends 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Filberts lovechild said:

If we keep a clean sheet I’d go JT full kit mode

We need to petition him to do it for our lap of honour if we pull the Great Escape 2 off. The meltdown from Chelsea fans would be worth it alone. :fishing: