Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

47 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Looking at his managerial career he has lost more games than he has won and at Norwich his win ratio was below 29%. Now that is worrying.

Not worrying at all. Norwich is the only failed job in his career.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Looking at his managerial career he has lost more games than he has won and at Norwich his win ratio was below 29%. Now that is worrying.

29% of the remaining 8 games gets us about 8 of the required 11 points we need.  So then it depends on what his other 71% consists of?

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No.

I actually think we should be more likely to keep him if we go down, as long as he shows promise and improvement and the squad members who are staying respond well to him.

If we stay up we should be absolutely ruthless as fvck, say thank you, wave him on his way and go out and look for the best possible candidate we can find. All of the people that won't touch us with a barge pole right now are back on the table if we survive. From obvious, right-in-front-of-us options like Potter and Frank to the more leftfield options than people are hoping for like Fischer, Still, Haise, Amorim et all.

Absolutely this.

Jet him out to Thailand for an expenses paid trip with all the coconut drinks he can stomach but cut him loose and look at longer term options. He won't be the guy to take us forward but he'll have legend status and a nice boost to his CV.

If Top has learnt anything from this situation, I hope it's when to be ruthless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You can have whatever odds you want …

we effectively have a point to lose if we screw up our 8 goal difference advantage over Everton (and three goals ahead of Leeds) . We are now in a five team mini league (Southampton, forest, Everton, Leeds and us). Our GD means we start on 26 points. 

Our goal difference could be shot to pieces after Saturday 🙁

41 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Myself I think the board will try and go out there way to get Potter in the summer if we survive. Unless we have unbelievable run of something like 6 wins in 8 then I think Deano's stint will be short no matter what outcome. Would be interesting to know if there's a trigger in his contract, where if he keeps Leicester up in the premier league he automatically gets offered a two year deal.

I personally have found myself not wanting Potter now.  I think De Zerbi seems to have done an even better job and it might show that the foundations there are just so solid they can make you look better than you are. 

We all know what Top and the board are like by now, if we stay in the league... Smith will get the job.  The only way he doesnt, is if we go down.  Id imagine smith knows that as well and he might even have an outside shot of getting it ft even if we go down if weve put up a fight. 

32 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m sorry, I was replying to someone saying if Smith got 5 wins out of 8 should he be given a 12 month contract. 

I was saying no and flagging the shakey example of where it isn’t always the best decision long term.

Fair dues…

I reckon we have to wait until EOS,to see how FT falls on SST..

Style , performance,where we are by then…

Their first challenge is obvious,how we then go from there > whatever the outcome<
Depend how the board approach the 2 different futures..

This season we have failed at every challenge, large or small.
Not much rope left to play with,not any choice really….

My take on this…Since Soton I felt we were gone,

but a different hand no matter how late is being played. So I want us ‘all’ see it out,

with the risk of all emotions, that’s what it is all about really..

Deep rooted fans have to run with it,they can’t run away,

no matter where they sit in the world.

It’s most fans million dollar question Have the players the bollux,to run with us, & not if we hold to them..!!

Of what we have in staff 25% not good enough, 35% at least won’t be here,40% will give their all….even if we play around with those %s. The Seagrave-camping resort next season will have a mix of permanent customers,  new young & experienced lets enjoy the scenery customers, the 3 SS &T entertainment officers ….

just might get the chance to renew their booking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

Good luck Mr Smith. There is one thing I would like you to do asap, is to put a stop to this ridiculous 

playing out from the back when the goalkeeper has the ball.

Back in the 60’s & 70’s with the likes of goalkeepers Banks, Shilton and Wallington when they had the ball

90% of the time they hoofed it down the pitch, it then becomes a 50/50 ball and unnerves the defence. I am 

convinced this would revitalise our friend Mr Vardy, and immediately puts the defence under pressure.

How many times have we seen the defence dither around trying to play out from the back, and on numerous occasions 

it has cost us dearly. Please instil into the team to be more direct and pressurise defences in more ways than one.

Also I would like to see us being more direct instead of playing the ball from side to side in monotonous fashion In

midfield then finishing up with the ball in the goalkeeper’s hands. The time wasted in games must be enormous 

sometimes. As we used to say back then…….Attack Attack    Attack-Attack-Attack.

Ah yes, bring back hoofball with a small, weak, soft team…makes complete sense…