Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

love those training photos- nice to see someone with something about them- get Tielemans, Evans and Cags back in the bloody 11 and lets have a right old go shall we- and yes I know all 3 could be gone at end of season but all I care is about the next 8 games and our club staying in this league-  use every single asset possible

Edited by jv1

10 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

I don’t want to use the Man City as a pass. I want us to fight for every ball and look to get something out of this game, because it’s that attitude that going to get us out of this mess, starting at Man City🏆

Fffiiiiiggggghhhhhtttt and wwwiiiinnnnn!!!!!

Guest bennytwohats
59 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

The rebuild goes to Rudkin and Glover (unless Rudkin is getting the boot after this disappointing season :fc:.) The manager may profile and okay certain players or player types but they're not rebuilding when it comes to the player front. We're absolutely not allowing a manager to do that after Brodge wrestled some power away from the club by having Congleton here. Those days are mostly gone at most professional high standard clubs and for good reason. Thomas Frank for example is pointless for a rebuild on his own, we would want Brentford's recruitment and data team. The manager will come down to the person most likely to support the development of the club and help achieve our goals developing off the pitch to increase our revenue and buying power. 

In my opinion based on the type of player's we've signed since Glover (Souttar, Faes, Kristianson, Tete,) It would lead me to believe that a more direct style of play is preferred and I see Dean Smith as the more direct version and continuation of Rodgers. It's probably a good fit in all honesty and I wouldn't be surprised if Dean Smith and team are given the job relegation or not.

That’s an interesting perspective I’m probably not qualified to comment on. However I would say that the point stands even if the parameters are tweaked. The rebuild manager may not be identifying targets and bringing the players in but at a minimum he’ll need to set the system and incorporate them into it - there is a part to play which is a different ask to the one we have the next 8 games.

Dean Smith might well be that man, but if that’s the decision I’d stand by that it should be made on more than just the basis of these 8 games

46 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Absolutely this.

Jet him out to Thailand for an expenses paid trip with all the coconut drinks he can stomach but cut him loose and look at longer term options. He won't be the guy to take us forward but he'll have legend status and a nice boost to his CV.

If Top has learnt anything from this situation, I hope it's when to be ruthless.

If he keeps us up they may give them another year if they want it.

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No.

I actually think we should be more likely to keep him if we go down, as long as he shows promise and improvement and the squad members who are staying respond well to him.

If we stay up we should be absolutely ruthless as fvck, say thank you, wave him on his way and go out and look for the best possible candidate we can find. All of the people that won't touch us with a barge pole right now are back on the table if we survive. From obvious, right-in-front-of-us options like Potter and Frank to the more leftfield options than people are hoping for like Fischer, Still, Haise, Amorim et all.

I reckon it'd be a huge risk if, after two years of incessant decline and a clear trajectory to relegation, we let a manager go who had managed to turn that around at the first time of asking. In six weeks. Especially given the quality of his coaching staff, and the fact that he'd have both momentum and a previous mid table finish under his belt, which is what we'll be settling for.

If anything went wrong after letting him go (and it would) it'd immediately become the tale of the Great Manager Who Never Was.

I suspect that upon survival they'd offer him a fairly non-committal contract which fell short of what he'd ideally want, and he'd either take or leave it.

But let's make no mistake, he's agreed to this deal because he believes that the likes of Marsch and Benitez got it wrong, and that either (a) things work out, or nearly do, in the short term and he's in a stronger negotiating position or (b) they don't, and he'll be better off out of there.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. If we find ourselves worrying about such things in late May, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, jv1 said:

love those training photos- nice to see someone with something about them- get Tielemans, Evans and Cags back in the bloody 11 and lets have a right old go shall we- and yes I know all 3 could be gone at end of season but all I care is about the next 8 games and our club staying in this league-  use every single asset possible

I looked at the photos after this comment, an it appears to me, the players photographed either look like they are happy, or steely determination, whether I'm ready to much into it, I don't know, but I agree with you, they are good photos.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1