Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is what hurts. Good luck to Smith. Hope he becomes a legend. There is genuine positivity simply because of his drive to be here. But what Rodgers/Top, his board have allowed to happen (regardless of where we finish) makes them dickheads (sorry, no better word). 

Exactly I want someone that wants to be here, **** Potter. Arrogance has got us to this situation, at least Smiths worked his way up from the bottom. An doesn't seem to have that Arrogance.

• Like 3

Obv, it's essentially nothing more than propaganda but I think that little clip shows that they are at least trying to get the fans on board, show that the players and staff are pulling the right way and create a bit of a buzz around the club. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Things i like in these videos:

• Madders has a smile on his face
  • Vesty back. Never been great signing but Rodgers treated him like shit. No room for castoffs now
  • Cags at the front of the queue to get training.  Will we see him used?
  • Sadler back to just moving the bags around
  • Youri in the camp and smiling away
  • More intensity than i have seen from any of these players in ages. 

Yes - its a giant PR exercise but Smith, Shakey and JT aren't hiding away which is a good thing. 

Can't find the tweet now and its probably nonsense, but the tweet reported that Smith, Shakey and JT requested to stay overnight at Seagrave. Always felt Rodgers couldn't get away from the area fast enough.

Probably to save travelling back 🤣

12 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I think a lot of people (myself included) would be happier about this if it weren’t for the fact that we read discussions were ongoing with Benitez. 

He’s a good option on an interim level. The main thing this side needs is a kick up the arse, but also to be reminded they’re not half as bad as Rodgers has told them they are for the last 2 years. I think he can do that. 

Good luck Dean & co!

I feel better now I know his team, more so than Benitez. It feels like the right people at the right time. 

All the pieces of the puzzle appear to be there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I've always wondered why Terry hasn't made the step up to management. I know not everyone is cut out to be that but seeing his former team mates in Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Carrick etc all managing, I would have thought Terry was also the type.

Probably because captains are good at enforcing the managers plans and tactics but they aren’t always great creating them.

Its hard to lead by example as a manager.

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Things i like in these videos:

• Madders has a smile on his face
  • Vesty back. Never been great signing but Rodgers treated him like shit. No room for castoffs now
  • Cags at the front of the queue to get training.  Will we see him used?
  • Sadler back to just moving the bags around
  • Youri in the camp and smiling away
  • More intensity than i have seen from any of these players in ages. 

Yes - its a giant PR exercise but Smith, Shakey and JT aren't hiding away which is a good thing. 

Can't find the tweet now and its probably nonsense, but the tweet reported that Smith, Shakey and JT requested to stay overnight at Seagrave. Always felt Rodgers couldn't get away from the area fast enough.

Got Sadler right after that team he picked on Saturday and that performance on the touchline, deciding who to bring on and when.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You can see why teams have a new manager bounce. Those players have gone into work everyday for what 4 years and done the same shit over and over. That session would’ve been a shock to the system.

Smith may not be as big a name as Rodgers (according to the pundits) but Shakey is better coach than Toure and Davies put together.

And why stale managers want a squad refresh. They want different players to instruct the same shit to when the current ones start to see through it. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some people cannot stand the man, but reading this is spine tingling. One of the Premier Leagues and World's greatest ever captains and defenders in to drive belief, discipline and mental resilience should not be underestimated, especially given are strong propensity to being soft as shit.

Go on Big John. BOSH

Maybe he's not here to be liked ;) :P 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

'Keep checking your shoulders.'

'Take one touch.'

Two touches are fine, if you have to.

Strewth, we are back to basics, I heard our under 10 coach issuing the same words of wisdom.

I mean have you not watched us the last few months… the basics are exactly what we've seemed incapable of lol 

• Like 1