Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

I also love how Stowell is walking around introducing himself to the players at the start as if he hasn’t been at the club for 20 odd years! 

Particularly when he shakes Vestegaards hand - “Hi, I’m Mike.” “I know, you didn’t pick me in the last two games”.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Would love it but also worry how it'll work out second time around. Plus Iversen is finally getting a chance and showing he's pretty good (not without flaws)

...I  am sure I read him saying he would love to comeback!!!

I suspect it would be working within the group, because I feel he can see a pathway where he becomes DoF or a similar position in the club.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Never hire the caretaker. 

Not many people on here agreed with that line of thought when Marsch was being lined up on a zillion year contract. 

Plus I know someone in charge of a school who thought that and hired an art teacher to be the janitor. ****ing shite he was. 

3 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. 

He got the best out of Grealish drifting from the left. 

Honestly can see Madders starting out on the left especially with Barnes out so it seems.

I honestly think he will go for it against Man City.

4-2-3-1

GK- Iversen

RB - Ricardo/Castagne

CB - Evans/Faes 

CB - Souttar

LB - Kristensen

CM - Wilf

CM - KDH

RW - Tete

CAM - Kel (The old Shinji role)

LW - Madders

ST - Daka

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Not many people on here agreed with that line of thought when Marsch was being lined up on a zillion year contract. 

Plus I know someone in charge of a school who thought that and hired an art teacher to be the janitor. ****ing shite he was. 

Well did anyone want Marsch? plus if he'd got a permanent contract he wouldn't have ever been the caretaker.

If he keeps us up, I want him in charge at the start of next summer. Don't like this talk of "Who should we get if we stay up?". It's a big job, but if he pulls it off, somehow, then he deserves it permanently. Especially given the momentum survival could generate....We know about that more than anyone. 

It's just nice to hear no excuses, let alone some positivity. He's got a bit of a free swing at it, as anybody reasonable knows the decline under Rodgers has been so deep and long that it needs longer than the few weeks left of the season to fix. Also, looking at his signings at Villa, overall they seem to have been pretty strong, especially compared to Rodgers. The likes of Bailey, Buendia, Watkins, Douglas Luiz, Martinez etc would all have been welcome here. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I think I’m too emotional to be a Leicester fan sometimes. 

Enduring the depths of despair under Rodgers, to the excitement of refreshing FT constantly for the latest rumour… to go back to those depths when Marsch was in, to elation when Rafa was in, to abject disappointment at the new trio. 

Now, after reading Villa forums, watching training videos, and listening to Dean Smith I’m waiting for him to call me up so a fan can show the players how to run through a wall for him!!!

I’m 53, married with grown up kids. How on earth does football affect us this much!!!!!???? 

I’ve got such a great feeling that we’re gonna love this guy!!! 

I think that’s one thing we all have in common on here. 

I fully agree though. I went from hmm maybe there’s more to jessie marsch, maybe he could be good… to looking into it and realizing just how awful it would really be. I genuinely lost a nights sleep as i couldn’t stop thinking about how doomed we were and how inevitable everything was.. That last ounce of hope was removed from me. 

Then  I had a huge buzz when i found out it wasn’t happening and clung on to the hopes of rafa before being seriously worried that we were going for smith. But the more you look into the man and not just his last job, the more it makes sense. Especially with JT and a lcfc legend. 

There are some concerns about the issues at Norwich (not to scare anyone but the main criticism i saw was needless possession with slow build up that didn’t lead to chances, or as it’s otherwise known… brendan ball). But for the short amount of games we have… I think there’s a chance we can do it.  

Whatever happens, i’m glad we’ve tried something and we all know it’s happened far later than it should have… but if we go down, at least it will feel like we made one last try! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

I am happy this forum is beginning to be so positive.

I want to see some fight.

Up the City!

IF they can somehow get a result vs City, that would be just the jumpstart this outfit needs. At the very least, the air seems to be clearing...finally.