Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dean Smith New Interim Manager - Official

29 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

If a manager is praised for what they win, he can be criticised for when they struggle. He sets the tone, the style of play, the personal. The players are human at the end of the day, if they are constantly being called not good enough it will dent their confidence. If the atmosphere every day at training isn't good they'll be less motivated. If the communication from the manager is poor they feel unsure if they have a place in his plans. So of course removing Rodgers could have a positive effect on the squad, if the whole atmosphere around the club improves. Even if we don't play Vestergaard for example, I'd rather he felt welcome and part of the group than cast aside, same with Soyuncu, even if he wants to leave I want him to feel he has a part to play until he does. This will help build a stronger group rather thar create a divided culture like under Rodgers.

Oh, I wasn't defending Rodgers. I was just saying how it will be spun by the press to protect the image of Rodgers. It won't be his fault according to them. 

Like I mentioned, when Ranieri went and Shakey took the job, we immediately improved and the narrative was "why didn't they do that for Claudio?" Nothing was mentioned about how Shakespeare had us playing at a quicker tempo which suited us more but instead it was insinuated that the players suddenly started trying again. 

If Smith does get us playing again it will be because of a different approach but the bootleggers at talksport won't report it that way. 

4 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

IF they can somehow get a result vs City, that would be just the jumpstart this outfit needs. At the very least, the air seems to be clearing...finally.

Did Rogers break wind excessively??

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I think I’m too emotional to be a Leicester fan sometimes. 

Enduring the depths of despair under Rodgers, to the excitement of refreshing FT constantly for the latest rumour… to go back to those depths when Marsch was in, to elation when Rafa was in, to abject disappointment at the new trio. 

Now, after reading Villa forums, watching training videos, and listening to Dean Smith I’m waiting for him to call me up so a fan can show the players how to run through a wall for him!!!

I’m 53, married with grown up kids. How on earth does football affect us this much!!!!!???? 

I’ve got such a great feeling that we’re gonna love this guy!!! 

I'm of a similar vintage and unfortunately we are equally blessed and cursed to have followed this club for so long - You can tell yourself it doesn't really matter but you'd be absolutely fooling yourself. 

It's the feeling of hope and a good performance against Man City and a win against Wolves could see us turn the corner. The last 6 games are then all winnable.  

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

Interesting that Smith alluded to fitness in his first interview and said there's not much that can be done in that regard but then the training video looked high-intensity play i.e. to boost fitness.

Makes me even more pissed off that Rodgers was just bleeding the club dry. He couldn't even be arsed to do the basics correctly. I realise it's all what you want to see and maybe this is confirmation bias but videos / photos of training under Rodgers had lots of images of players jogging and having a laugh and not a lot else. It SEEMS the players are being made to put a bit more work in and it SEEMS as though they're willing to do so.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Oh, I wasn't defending Rodgers. I was just saying how it will be spun by the press to protect the image of Rodgers. It won't be his fault according to them. 

Like I mentioned, when Ranieri went and Shakey took the job, we immediately improved and the narrative was "why didn't they do that for Claudio?" Nothing was mentioned about how Shakespeare had us playing at a quicker tempo which suited us more but instead it was insinuated that the players suddenly started trying again. 

If Smith does get us playing again it will be because of a different approach but the bootleggers at talksport won't report it that way. 

You are absolutely correct the media will, and can spin it anyway they want; and I couldn't give a f%^k all I want to see, and I suspect anyone who genuinely cares about our beautiful club is a better overall performance, and to stay in the Prem. 

Forever grateful for the FA Cup win and 2 season 5th placed finishes and all that but, we needed a clean sweep from the BR reign, and everything that came with it, I just hope his presence has been cleansed from every corner of Seagrave and the KP stadium so we can get back to competetive, entertaining football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

When you consider we have lost 12 games by the odd goal, a series of small improvements will see us getting results.

The return of Youri will be massive and so could Evans if we can get him fit and keep him fit. 

The small improvements of no Amartey, Ndidi and Soumare along with stop passing around the back slowly even under pressure when a boot up pitch would have been better. 

• Like 2

You can see how hungry the coaching staff are, I’d expect nothing less from shakey but smith actively involved in getting into the players, didn’t see Rodgers do that much. All I ever heard was a thick geordie accent from Sadler and Rodgers standing on the sideline. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Speaking to a Villa fan at work, Smith liked Villa to be compact and play on the break, expecting us to move the ball much quicker. 

Relies on midfielders that can pass the ball well. We can't expect that, unless we start playing Mendy and Praet possibly

14 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Imagine if we all end up falling in love with Dean Smith and end up calling him "Big Deano" and begging the club to give him a contract, how the turntables :wub:

This is a long way off…but all fans would embrace it,

if we get a rekindled LCFC back & prepared for the future..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROKERITE said:

Slightly off topic but that video had me looking up your training ground. I thought ours was good but Seagrave is like a massive luxury hotel complex. 

Soft spot for Sunderland. My late uncle was a big fan. Daughter went to uni there and degree do was at Stadium Of Light.

59 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I'm of a similar vintage and unfortunately we are equally blessed and cursed to have followed this club for so long - You can tell yourself it doesn't really matter but you'd be absolutely following yourself. 

It's the feeling of hope and a good performance against Man City and a win against Wolves could see us turn the corner. The last 6 games are then all winnable.  

Following the club is an addiction that you can't give up despite giving yourself a good talking to

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Could be a masterstroke really, if players weren't going to respect Smith straight away, our seniors are going to respect Shakespeare and those who arrived after him will have respect for Terry, so that respect rubs off onto the manager as well. 

Ah yes..to have our great Shakespeare …coaching script writer back..

All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” 

“We are such stuff as dreams are made on.”

Then..

“Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.”

“To thine own self be true.”

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."

“All things are ready, if our mind be so."

If we are true to ourselves, we can not be false to anyone."

beware:

“I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it."

Talking isn't doing. It is a kind of good deed to say well; and yet words are not deeds."

Or in king Richards last words..

”oh shit why did I ride this great beast,that was more than my master.”

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I hope Deano has been following FoxesTalk. How else is he going to know how to select the correct first team?

Well he start by asking S&S for their views and then do the complete opposite. Last Saturday´s selection has still left me puzzled and miffed.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Imagine if we all end up falling in love with Dean Smith and end up calling him "Big Deano" and begging the club to give him a contract, how the turntables :wub:

Let's hope we do!

That should be the case for any player and any manager that comes to the club. In fact it's nice when someone that no one had any hopes for ends up becoming a legend. "Muzzy who?" Turns out that underwhelming midfielder we signed on loan from Chelsea was pretty decent...

• Like 2